Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Storing addon settings?

mkorny
mkorny
✭✭
Hi guys, as the title states, i'd like to know (if any1 knows...) if it is possible to save addon settings from 1 char to another? Either by copying over a settings file, or manual editing of such, or anything really that stops me from wasting ~30 mins setting up all the addons the 1st time i change chars :P
-=Tenebrarum=-
The Shadowlords Society
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    You can edit it manually in \mydocs\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\SavedVariables but this is not a trivial task...

WTB mod and keybinds transfer feature or a TOOL!!

:#
    Edited by Bob on April 4, 2014 4:07AM
  • mkorny
    mkorny
    ✭✭
    U better ask a modder then :P haha

Yeah but i got some answers on Reddit, it's not exactly hard to do tho... just copy over the settings between characters :)
    -=Tenebrarum=-
    The Shadowlords Society
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    mkorny wrote: »
    U better ask a modder then :P haha

Yeah but i got some answers on Reddit, it's not exactly hard to do tho... just copy over the settings between characters :)

Care to expand on that? I don't use reddit, please post how here, thank you.
  • Fritzendugan
    There are lua files in the \mydocs\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\SavedVariables folder. You can edit the values or copy the files from there.
    My *** is a mountain
  • mkorny
    mkorny
    ✭✭
    neiljwd wrote: »
    Care to expand on that? I don't use reddit, please post how here, thank you.

Exactly what fritz said, under that folder you have the .Lua files which store the settings for each addon, edit them with notepad, or any txt editor, and copy the settings from each character over to each other (they usually are very simple to identify) but bear in mind you should have at least some knowledge on how to do it or you might just mess the lua files up
    Edited by mkorny on April 7, 2014 3:32PM
    -=Tenebrarum=-
    The Shadowlords Society
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    It can be done but it is beyond the realms of my capabilities, in explaining it or doing it.