Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Do You Think Needs Added or Changed to Make ESO Great?

scarsreminder80
I see everyone posting negatively about a great deal of things. So lets get constructive and discuss what we would like to see different.. Maybe the developers might listen or even respond to a great idea!
Remember... it took 5 years to get here... but there is always room for improvement.

I, personally, would love to see the swimming mechanic returned.
  • I could swim to the bottom of a lake and find a door...
  • I could go into a submerged dungeon and swim through a narrow corridor fearful I might drown...
  • I could find a sunken vessel and loot treasures from its watery grave...
  • I could battle the elusive Slaughter fish and harvest its scales for an underwater breathing potion...
  • ... and so much more!

I don't expect to re-live adventures of previous Elder Scrolls games, but I would love to explore the depths of a continent I have only read about until now. This isn't Assassin's Creed... IT"S ESO BABY! :D
"In your finest hour.... Who will you become?"
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty happy with the game! I like to run around and quest and harvest. Then go in a group dungeon with my friends. I think that sometimes the game is to easy like public dungeon bosses for example. My friends and I did the first group dungeons together at about level 15 and died a few times. We cleared all three and I think the difficulty on those was fine. I would like to see bank access in the smaller towns. I found a low population town that I like and it has everything close together for crafting but no bank. Not sure what else, I'm not even level 20 yet.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the things id like changed is the way staves are held. i want to hold my staff in walking stick style when sheathed like the prophet does. having staves on the back somewhat breaks realism for me.
  • alsaud_
    alsaud_
    Great topic man !!

1- public Action house

2- players name plate

3- possibility to inspect other players armors, weapon

4- lower the cost of repairing armor

5- maybe just maybe a flying mount

6- a little mini map in the top corner with a clock and grouo options

7- ability to right click on players name in the group health bar top left , for kicking or travel to him

8- pvp minigames for people who dont want to spend alot of time in a pvp war game like me

Well thats my opinion and I hope some ppl aid me with some of them
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alsaud_ wrote: »
    Great topic man !!

1- public Action house

2- players name plate

7- ability to right click on players name in the group health bar top left , for kicking or travel to him

8- pvp minigames for people who dont want to spend alot of time in a pvp war game like me

1 - no

2 - no

3 - maybe

4 - no

5 - HELL NO

6 - there is an addon for this. oh and HELL NO

7 - yes

8 - yes
  • Deadarth
    Deadarth
    Great topic man !!

1- public Action house

2- players name plate

So ... you want WoW ?
  • PurpleDrank
    PurpleDrank
    ✭✭✭
    I love the game, but if I had a wish list it would be:

1) Swimming and underwater exploration. I like to swim :)
    2) Player housing. But useful player housing with storage and crafting stations and stuff not just a decorative Barbie's Dreamhouse.
    3) I miss having my own Alchemy shop in Ultima Online. I'd love to be able to open a shop without joining a guild.
    4) More Alchemy ingredients. Like, huge amounts more. Skyrim+Oblivion+Morrowind levels :) I love Alchemy and if it were more involved I could spend just about all my time doing that.
    5) Being able to pick a Daedric Prince/Divine to follow with a skill line attached.
    6) Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood are coming and I'm looking forward to that. But I'd like to see more guilds eventually.
    7) More skill lines for the classes. Obviously not urgent but I have to admit that a lot of the skills (and some full skill lines) feel a bit meh to me. I also think there should be a Cold/Ice magic skill line somewhere, maybe as a new one for Sorcerers.
    8) The two skills I actually miss most from the single player games are Acrobatics and Athletics. I'd like to see them implemented somehow. Maybe as some sort of Body Builder's Guild?
    9) More of Tamriel to explore eventually (and beyond!)
    10) More weapon styles. Spear would be lore appropriate and popular I think.
    11) A way to put gold sellers on ignore when they do that multiple line thing so I can't actually click on their names!!!!
    Edit: 12) For the forums not to turn an eight with a bracket into a smiley....
    Edited by PurpleDrank on April 4, 2014 3:37AM
  • scarsreminder80
    I just finished the Glenumbra fighter's guild quest and battled through my first epic dungeon. After going it solo and defeating the snake woman, (can't remember her name) I can say that the difficulty level of ESO is PERFECT!!

I was challenged! I even died once and had to rework my strategy for the battle! It was perfect!

But something I would love to see changed..... Bag space. Too many mats for crafting and not enough space to store them...

In fact, I believe that there are more mats for crafting then there is even space to keep them!

So yeah.... swimming and storage... my two wishes
  • HelenCarnate
    Yes an auction house or consignment house is needed. Getting tired of chat spam about selling and trading. I know you can get a guild together for trades but that has a limited number of people that you can deal with. I would much rather pay a fee to someone to post something and sell it instead of spamming chat looking for a buyer or posting it for only a couple hundred people to see.

Would also love the option for a mini map without having to deal with addons.
  • alsaud_
    alsaud_
    Deadarth wrote: »

So ... you want WoW ?

No I mean as a genera idea and they will do it in there own way
  • grahamz1b14_ESO
    1. color-code attributes on items based on whether you've researched it or not, so that we can more easily tell at a glance if the item needs to be saved for research or not.
    2. More robust searching, and sorting options for guild store, inventory, bank, etc. (egs. search by name, search by craft, search only usable, search for weapons/armor by attribute or with unlearned attributes, further splits to categories, like cooking items, etc.)
    3. Auto-mark non-useful items as junk
    4. More complete key for the map (some icons are not listed on the key).
    5. Fill in gaps in leveling with more level-appropriate quests. It probably wouldn't take a lot. And I'm ok with having to explore to find the quests, and I've been doing that, but it's still a problem at various points.
    6. Clearly label group quests
    7. More clearly label the banker as a banker so that every other newbie doesn't have to ask where the bank is (no, the 'chest icon' on the map is not clear, and is insufficient. Also, it's not obvious to me that it's even supposed to look like a chest. I know it now, but it's one of the most common questions I've received 'where's the bank?', so something clearly is wrong with it.
    8. If you select respawning at the nearest wayshrine, it should only bring you to a wayshrine. What happens if I'm low level and too broke to teleport? (A condition that I've been in a lot lol). I've mysteriously been transported INTO a dungeon with no way out except to fight. It was ok for me, because I was (barely, and only eventually after several deaths) able to fight my way out.
  • Kadigan
    Kadigan
    ✭✭✭
    a proper stealth/crime mechanic
    Daggerfall Covenant: Fork-Stealer, Argonian Dragonknight
    Aldmeri Dominion: Kadigan, Bosmer Nightblade
    Let's be civil, shall we?
  • Aureli
    Aureli
    ✭✭✭

1) Swimming and underwater exploration. I like to swim :)
    2) Player housing. But useful player housing with storage and crafting stations and stuff not just a decorative Barbie's Dreamhouse.
    3) I miss having my own Alchemy shop in Ultima Online. I'd love to be able to open a shop without joining a guild.
    4) More Alchemy ingredients. Like, huge amounts more. Skyrim+Oblivion+Morrowind levels :) I love Alchemy and if it were more involved I could spend just about all my time doing that.
    5) Being able to pick a Daedric Prince/Divine to follow with a skill line attached.
    6) Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood are coming and I'm looking forward to that. But I'd like to see more guilds eventually.
    7) More skill lines for the classes. Obviously not urgent but I have to admit that a lot of the skills (and some full skill lines) feel a bit meh to me. I also think there should be a Cold/Ice magic skill line somewhere, maybe as a new one for Sorcerers.
    8) The two skills I actually miss most from the single player games are Acrobatics and Athletics. I'd like to see them implemented somehow. Maybe as some sort of Body Builder's Guild?
    9) More of Tamriel to explore eventually (and beyond!)
    11) A way to put gold sellers on ignore when they do that multiple line thing so I can't actually click on their names!!!!
    Edit: 12) For the forums not to turn an eight with a bracket into a smiley....

1. Hell yes, I was devastated (ok, maybe just upset) that you can't swim underwater. Should be able to fight stuff underwater too.

2. I'm not so sure about player housing, it would have been implemented incredibly well. Guild housing definitely.
    3. No, sorry. It would suck seeing random shops open everywhere, and the lag in big cities would be terrible if people just sat there with shops. A market board (FF14 style) would be cool, and would clear up the chat channels.
    5. Hells friggin yes! That would be awesome! A skill line for each of the Daedric Princes and Divines, and it's character locked. No changing except through a quest for the new Power you are choosing, and you can't use stuff from others you don't worship.
    6. I want to join House Telvanni. But perhaps instead of making a bunch of new NPC guilds that are relatively meaningless aside from the skills they offer (Undaunted), or don't even offer skills, expanding the currently existing ones to have more meaning.
    9. It's coming. More of Tamriel will be released as expansions down the road.
    10. Spears.... again? lol I do agree though, there are so many different kinds and styles of weapons and yet we seem limited to the general archetypes of only a select few.
    11. There is a way to deal with that. If you make your font really small you can see the entire message in the chat window, then you can ignore them. Someone pointed that out to me earlier this evening.

When new content does start to roll out, I think that a long, hard look should be taken at the most popular mods for previous Elder Scrolls titles. Consistently those top mods have included armor, clothing, and weapon mods, player companions (both animal and humanoid), new magic/skills, and player housing, because dammit! we all wanna play a little Barbie. Kidding on that last part, but we all want a place, big and grand, to dark and evil, or quiet and quaint, to stash our gear, plan our next adventure, and just take in the scenery for a bit.

I think ESO is already a great game. Before any new content comes out, however, the game impeding bugs and mechanics need to be sorted out first. When you can log in and play for 3-4 hours consistently without running into a quest that is broken, not working as intended, or takes too long to respawn for the next person coming around, and you don't have to make multiple trips from one end of the map to the other because bags fill up way too fast, then we're good to go for new stuff. Polish an already amazing product before adding more to it.
    Edited by Aureli on April 4, 2014 10:09AM
  • Marelius
    Marelius
    1. Character Recustomisation feature
    I find it a bit sardistic to make an character creation with 49 options without the possibility to change them if your realize after 10 levels that one of them is messed up.

2. Change layer function
    Its frustrating to run to an groupmate just to find out hes on another layer, then your port and have to run again from the shrine........

3.Housing
    Because why? Because Housing is cool!

4. More musical instruments as emotes
    The three existing ones are goog, but more would be better!

• Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    I would add:

- Toggle options, like minimap or ingame clock showing all the time, so people who want them can have them without add-ons that ralentize the game and people who don't want them can choose not to activate them.
    - The possibility of apply all settings options from one character to all other characters: keybindings, social chat colors...
    - Group instanced quests that really need it, instead of having lots of people inside a crypt if that makes no sense to the story.
    - Preview items in chat. This way we could see how an armor will look before using it.
    - Materials bank storage separated from normal bank. Please.

I think that's it :)
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT DO YOU THINK NEEDS ADDED OR CHANGED TO MAKE ESO GREAT?

- Auction House.
    - Player housing.
    - Levitation and Teleport skill lines (needs to be rare or hard to get IMO)
    - Colors for crafted items and maybe other details
    - Shops for physical respec (hair, warpaint, whatever)
  • Subana
    Subana
    I would like to have a paper doll for viewing gear on my character. Going by the icon is not sufficient for me. I would also like to use the preview BEFORE I craft something instead of now where I make a chest piece in a motif, put it on and decide "hmm, not quite what I'm looking for", then repeating the process with another motif.
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    1) Either remove pets completely or the inventory penalty for having them.

2) Fix the lag during skill casting due to the Hero Engine.

3) Promise to never add flying mounts.

4) Adding a store or vendor to bank locations will make inventory management less painful.

5) Improve the crafting interface. Allow the player to view crafting without accessing a workbench.

6) Make sneaking an actual skill you have to level like in Morrowind.

7) Make stealing (from crates & barrels) mean something. What happened to pick-pocketing?

8 ) Mounts should become fatigued or injured after extensive galloping or combat and require feeding or rest.

9) Add accessories for mounts like saddlebags that can be accessed while dismounted.

10) Mounts should be summoned from a nearby distance, and smacked on the rear for dismissal.
    Edited by Alpha_Protocol on April 4, 2014 6:42PM
  • scarsreminder80
    I do miss the sneaking SKILL. But it was VERY exploitable.
  • grahamz1b14_ESO
    Marelius wrote: »
    I find it a bit sardistic to make an character creation with 49 options without the possibility to change them if your realize after 10 levels that one of them is messed up.
    While I totally agree in principle, there is a possible side issue that this would cause -- what happens if a player takes advantage of some of the hireling skills, in order to get mats for a while, and then respecs the character, but still has the benefit of having received the mats. That seems a bit too exploitable. Charging money for reconfiguring might not be enough to discourage exploitation of that. In fact, non-combat skills in general would be problematic -- not just crafting skills, but maybe the persuasion and intimidation skills as well. (I really don't know if those skills are at all useful, but if they are...)

I'm not saying that what you want can't be done, but possibly you'd need an exemption for certain exploitable skills.
    Edited by grahamz1b14_ESO on April 5, 2014 3:16AM
  • scarsreminder80
    Marelius wrote: »
    While I totally agree in principle, there is a possible side issue that this would cause -- what happens if a player takes advantage of some of the hireling skills, in order to get mats for a while, and then respecs the character, but still has the benefit of having received the mats. That seems a bit too exploitable. Charging money for reconfiguring might not be enough to discourage exploitation of that. In fact, non-combat skills in general would be problematic -- not just crafting skills, but maybe the persuasion and intimidation skills as well. (I really don't know if those skills are at all useful, but if they are...)

I'm not saying that what you want can't be done, but possibly you'd need an exemption for certain exploitable skills.

I think what he meant here was the physical features of your character. Not skill points.

... and just so you know...
    you can respec ur skills after lvl 10.
  • tylarthb16_ESO
    tylarthb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Feature i'd like to see based on what i've experienced so far:

1. larger inventory or material inventory split from main inventory, game is really bogging down inventory management due to sheer volume and variety of drops and craft materials.
    2. Global trade broker, the player to player trade options in the game are frankly primitive, trade should be quick to find what you want and quick to sell what you have at competitive prices.
    3. name tags + guild tags, i really have no idea who the majority of player i run past or fight next to are, let alone the guild(s) they are in.
    4. chat not interrupting gathering. The few seconds that gathering takes is ideal to reply to chats, except they are not compatible.
  • ub17_ESO
    ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well to offer perspective for someone reading this comment, I had limited playing time during the BETA and now that I've had a few days to plug away I have progressed to LVL 27 and have maxed out the Provision trade skill.

I am completely in love with ESO. However, just like anything in life you care about, you would like to make it as good as it can be and watch it exceed even the wildest expectations.

In an effort to prevent myself from rambling I'll try and stick to bullet style what I Love and what needs work.

Needs Work:
    -the in-game mail system. I receive dozens of mail with money informing me that 1 of the items in 1 of my 4 Guild Stores has sold. I would like more information such as: what sold, from which guild store, and who bought it.
    -Guild Store Search Function: the drop down categories do not allow specific searches for all categories of items. I.E. i have to search all mas vice only Blacksmith mats. Along the same lines, the function is broken as armor and weapons will show up in a search for mats.
    -Banker/Guild Bank/ Guild Store interface: As a matter of convenience, I would appreciate the ability to bounce from the GB, to the GS, to my Bank without having to close the window and repeat the dialogue with the Banker.
    -Chat functionality. It annoys me that even though I tabbed out my different guild chat the channel I speak in is not slave to the tab. I.E. I switch to my guild 1 chat and attempt to talk to the guildees but i put it in the wrong channel. What was the point of tabbing it out? Also along the lines of chat...i wish I had a channel that would speak to all of my guilds. Trying to fill a dungeon group would be nicer if i didnt need to repeat myself 4 times.

What I Hate:
    -The endless zerg of Player Characters killing the mob I am obviously battling. ZOS please, please, please remove the incentive of this practice by some type of system that only the individual or grouped party that deals the majority of the damage to the NPC receives loot and experience.
    -Whacka-Mole style Boss Camping. IMO this absolutely has the potential of destroying the in game economy. Maybe that was dramatic? The last public dungeon I ventured i got to the Boss spawn point and saw a heard of 15-20 player characters huddles around. At 1st I thought this was a bug, but then realized what was happening. The moment the boss spawns the boss is dropped and 20 people receive the loot table. 60 seconds later and repeat. in 10 minutes a blue chip item may be looted 40 times if it is a 20% drop and my math is right.?. That isnt taking into consideration the phasing. Rare items and mats will by no means be rare. This will certainly shape the economy if it is left unchecked. Perhaps the solution to my 1st hate would combat this whaka-mole camping?

What I Love:
    -DUH, everything not listed above! The Progression system keeps me wanting more. I'm always chasing the next skill point! The combat is a breath of fresh air!! I don't need music or a movie on the t.v. to keep me entertained while i play this game! I Love that in some ways Skill matters and its not a matter of optimizing your 30 ability hot bar! The game looks awesome and the story pulls me in even when I am trying to ignore it. I love the hard choice of what am i going to put on my skill bar!

I'll cut it off here, Happy Venturing everyone!
  • ub17_ESO
    ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

These ones I cant agree more with!
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    ability to wear cosmetic armor, hide pieces of all armor and weapons, and most importantly: INDIVIDUAL HOUSING INSTANCE
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crime system, housing, dark brotherhood, and theives guild.

if the game had these it would be my 100% perfect game
  • Taaltos
    Taaltos
    ✭✭
    First and foremost, fix the damn quest bugs ALL of them. Get your server tech in line, so the quests don't bug out due to npc's/interactables not doing what they are supposed too.

Fix your phasing tech as well.
  • Taaltos
    Taaltos
    ✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    crime system, housing, dark brotherhood, and theives guild.

if the game had these it would be my 100% perfect game

Crime and Thieves Guild is coming. One will come with the other.
  • Vakhtang
    Vakhtang
    Would love to be able to easily adventure with my wife. She's on the computer next to me. We log on at the same time and find ourselves in different realities. Only proof of her existence is a v hovering in mid-air where I know she is. Ah, like LotRO I need to phase into her phase. So I teleport to her. Except it's not to her, it's to the wayshrine nearby. Or not nearby. No matter. I'm teleported to a wayshrine, and I think, can't be certain, it's in the same phase as she is. Then I mount up, (Thanks for the horse!) and ride to go find her.

All this despite having logged out side by side.

And once we are together she's otherwise indistinguishable from all the rest of the NPCs and Player Characters. Only quest givers are distinguishable from the masses. And they disappear into the throng once you'd taken their quest.

As already mentioned, improve guild recognition somehow. And the ability to more easily assess who's in your party. Nameplates have been mentioned. And while I'm overjoyed not to see Legolasex Lolol and Tanks forCash at every turn, it'd be nice to see my wife more as a party member and much less than a disembodied v hovering about town.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only significant thing I'd like is the ability to make a certain guild chat display characters instead of userID. Other than that, I'm happy with everything so far.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing!

It's already great. :smile:

However, the following would make it even better:
    - We have solo instances and four player instances, but how about some tuned for two players?
    - MogIt equivalent. I want to be able to preview combinations of armor types and styles!
    - A better way of handling quests that only some of a group has completed than simply making the group members disappear.
    - NPC children wandering around.
    - Seasons & holidays. That is, unless they're already in and we don't know it.
    - A goldspam filter on zone chat. I know there's an addon, but it should be built in.
    - FoV slider.
    - Chat bubble option for those who want it.
    - I haven't seen the endgame yet, but trials don't sound much like raids. I'd like to see some max level dungeon-like content for larger groups.
    Edited by Melian on April 5, 2014 4:16PM