Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Which racial motif do you all find the most aesthetically appealing?

Griffinstein
Since we are sitting here waiting for the server to be back up for launch I figured I'd see what styles everyone enjoy.

Altmer (High Elf)
Ancient Elf
Argonian
Barbaric/Reach
Bosmer (Wood Elves)
Breton
Daedric
Dunmer (Dark Elf)
Khajiit
Imperial
Nord
Sexy Orc
Primal/Primitive
Redguard

31a0213gjaud.bmp
-Lord Griffinstein
  • mullinsthegreatb14_ESO
    Out of the basic motifs for heavy armor. its a tie between nord, imperial, altmer, breton, and dunmer (all with hidden helm of course). I have yet to see the vet motifs beyond primal (which fills me with terror) but I got a good feeling about them :)
  • Viperiform
    I could be biased, but the Breton style robes, especially once you hit level 30ish, would be my favorite style.
    As far as heavy armor, Imperial would be my favorite, same for medium.
    Mara's Tester || Psijic Order Tester
    Matthew Gaerwing (DC) || Gaius Ruso (EP) || Turns-Through-Time (EP) || Severąnce (AD)
    Mara's Moxie
  • Sseerah_Shei
    Argonian! I love the tribal appearance of their robes. Makes them look like a shaman almost
  • HaphazardAllure
    I love Argonian armor and the Khajiit staves with the half moon on top. :)
  • xWHALESHARKx
    xWHALESHARKx
    ✭✭
    Imperial! Everything's just so leathery and whatnot. Nords are badass, too.
    We may not be big, but we're small.

Thunder-Perfect-Mind
    Imperial Nightblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    NA Megaserver
  • one_eye
    one_eye
    ✭✭✭
    I'm playing as a Nord - iron and steel armor wasn't all that great. But now that I'm crafting and wearing using orichalum, I think the armor is seriously wicked looking. Starting to look like the Nord from the ESO trailer. That was kind of what I was hoping for.
  • Griffinstein
    I'm fond of the Dunmer style on female characters but am partial to the Imperial so far with my male character. I haven't seen some of the other motifs like the daedra, primal, barbaric, or the sexy orc so idk about them. If anyone has pictures of their toon wearing that any of those styles that would be awesome!
    -Lord Griffinstein
  • Toralar
    Toralar
    Bosmer style, at least for males and medium armor, is really cool. Also the heavy armor looks legit, and the light armor seems pretty cool. Haven't really seen much of those though.
  • Kobb
    Kobb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton is pretty consistently nice across all armor types, even if it's pretty "normal." I especially like Breton light hoods.

Dunmer medium and heavy are awesome (haven't tried light), and Altmer has some of the same visual elements I like about Dunmer. I like Bosmer style almost entirely for the middle-tier light epaulets with antlers on them, heheh. I don't care for the heavy bone armor much, and still need to check out medium.

Khajiit style in general is pretty great, though the heavy helms take a little while to start looking cool IMO. Orc is fantastic for heavy armor, though the light armor is a bit underwhelming at low levels.

I just wish I could craft jerkins outright. My light armor wearer is a refrigerator-shaped orc, and looks goofy in most robes. So far Bosmer seems to be the best choice for him - since the skirt doesn't go all the way to the feet it evokes "kilt" a little more than "dress."
    Mara's Tester ☼ Psijic Order Tester ☼ Journeyman Lore Scholar
    Ra'Haabi (AD) ☼ Khraz gro-Gaal (DC) ☼ Swirl-Of-Embers (EP)
  • Luciana
    Luciana
    ✭✭
    Imperial heavy for me, I've just started using Orichalcum and it's looking better and better.
    EU Megaserver
    [MAIN] Luciana - Imperial - Dragon Knight - Aldmeri Dominion
    [ALT] Arrenhe - Altmer - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord. All you milk drinkers can go sleep with a skeever who say otherwise.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mix and match styles and grades of armor.
    Currently experimenting with a 3/2/2 setup. 3 heavy, 2 medium and 2 light. Might eventually go with a 4/3 setup as far as the grading goes, but I'll likely continue to mix up the styles.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Tess_Phyreforge
    Tess_Phyreforge
    ✭✭✭
    Orc for Female Heavy Plate, has a little cut out in middle chest to show some skin,
    Bosmer[Bone] for Med Armor for female,
    Have not found any armor in the light armor class that looks that good on a female toon,
    Argonian light armor chest is not to bad,
    we need option for tops, I don't like long skirts attached, so offer dress or short tops.
    I would like the top style of the Argonion light armor with a pair of pants.

Seems games these days leave out armor choices for us females,
    we need more options for us female toons,
  • TieFighter
    TieFighter
    ✭✭✭
    khajiit heavy ftw with the terror facemask and the traditional lion mane- so awesome
    Da'Hui DC imperial mage dragonknight(retired but retained)
    Hand Saryn Valor EP dunmer templar(mage/healer)
    Pergan Asuul AD dunmer dragonknight(dps firemage)
    Mi'Mosa EP imperial nightblade(stamina)
    Limu'Kai EP Sahxleel dragonknight(vampire mage)
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    I love the appearance of the Argonian armor, but that may be my bias overriding my sense; I wear the Keeper disguise at all times to amplify that aesthetic, too. I will say, the higher-leveled Argonian weapons (in their Mayan architectural approach) are absolutely grand. I do also like the Redguard and Bosmer armors, though.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorites are Argonian - simply fantastic! - and Bosmer. I'm really happy with the way Bosmer armor looks, it's important to me because I've always played Bosmer in TES. Imperial armor is quite nice too, and how could I not mention Khajiiti helmets?

I dislike Altmer and Redguard.
    Sethria wrote: »
    Orc for Female Heavy Plate, has a little cut out in middle chest to show some skin,
    Hands down the worst armor design in this game. It's funny how widely different opinions people can have, isn't it? ;)
  • Varivox9
    Varivox9
    ✭✭✭
    IMO, for heavy, Breton (minus the helm, not a fan of the helm...). Others seem a little too "fantasy" at times.
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    I am loving my Bosmer hvy suit with a primal hvy belt and primal hvy helmet. I all about dragons..I breath fire have dragon scale looking armor and just cant get enough of looking at my self in game lol.

Pathetic I know but I'm a shallow aesthetic kinda guy hahah, If it looks cool (to me ) I'll use it =P

Skulls and dragons...YAY! I still have T-shirts with dragons on them...I know...but I LIKE EM!
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian medium armour for my female Orc nightblade.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -