Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Reward for your patience

• Mordenkaiser
    Mordenkaiser
    ✭✭
    Is this an ego thing? Some moral imperative that I am unfamiliar with? Does Group 1 identify more closely with the company and employees than they do with the other players?

I don't get it.

No, it's having to listen to Group 2 from Day 1 being nothing but negative about the slightest little issue and then standing on the proverbial street corner shouting it in a desperate attempt to get attention and instant gratification - instead of using the implemented feedback channels.

Honestly?

The forum is for public discussion of things related to the game, and what you deem as "slight" some folks might see as being hookwinked or lied too. Think of it like this...Your at an airport, and your airline tells you that they overbooked your flight, they've booked you on the next flight half a day later.

Are you ultimately still getting something? Of course you are, but your also inconvenienced because you purchased a product as advertised and that advertisement seems to now be false. You've already gone this far, but now your told the remainder of your purchase has been amended. So naturally you would demand compensation. The fact is that you've lost time that you had originally paid for, by your departure being delayed 12 hours, your now arriving 12 hours later and those 12 hours you might have used to get business done there, or to enjoy your vacation has now been removed.

I think the essence of peoples annoyance with this is something very similar, and I can totally understand it, I'm more at peace with it then some, but I understand they want to vent somewhat so I let them be rather then antagonize them.

On the plus side the game is improving, hopefully enough to hold onto its player base once the 30 day honeymoon ends.
    Reser wrote: »

Slowly loosing any hope for this game when it seems to be run by a bunch of idiots so far.

My point exactly.

You're free to leave. We won't miss you.

You might not, but a game you enjoy needs money, suggesting people leave the game is not a good way to build a community.
    Edited by Mordenkaiser on April 3, 2014 9:27PM
    "Serve me in death, and let Sithis be your shepherd"
  • whardisonb14_ESO

I think the essence of peoples annoyance with this is something very similar, and I can totally understand it, I'm more at peace with it then some, but I understand they want to vent somewhat so I let them be rather then antagonize them.

If they could:

1) Keep the complaints civil and constructive

2) Not make yet another thread saying the same thing, instead of replying to a current thread saying, more or less, what they wanted to say

and

3) Maybe take a deep breath and understand that the servers were always going to come down shortly before launch (anybody who didn't know this lacks fine-tuned critical thinking skills)

...there wouldn't be a problem and I may even say something in support of the,

But people have called the people making them a game they're paying for any number of disrespectful words, acted like entitled children, and screamed at the top of their digital lungs for instant gratification of their perceived slights.

The above encourages me to disagree with them in an attempt to rectify that behavior - even if I do, from time to time, do so in a less than constructive fashion, which is just as unacceptable, but at least I have the good sense to modify my behavior.

• Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    loops73 wrote: »
    Reser wrote: »

Slowly loosing any hope for this game when it seems to be run by a bunch of idiots so far.

My point exactly.

You're free to leave. We won't miss you.

but you will miss him when the game is f2p in a few months because people are not happy.

and you will miss us when all the p2p players leave and youre stuck enjoying all the f2p wow babies
    Edited by Kiwi on April 3, 2014 9:32PM
    A large yellow rectangle