The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What do you want for early access compensation?

• Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭
    A signed photo of David Hasslehoff

Ahhh, I wanted the signed photo!
    "Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • Matthir
    Matthir
    Please tell me you are joking with this post? Have you ever played an MMO at launch? Or any game for that matter in the past 5 years? This is probably one of the best launches I have seen in recent years. I'll use the most recent one that most of you idiots that complain tend to understand. You remember Mists of Faildaria the first two days? In case you don't I will give you a run down, you could barely run a quest due to intense server lag, oh and you disconnected from the server quite frequently. If you could actually navigate your character around, good luck gathering anything cause 4 billion other people were doing the same thing. The day after the launch, they had a 4 hour maintenence, and during the week, they had a couple more down times. Oh and did I forget to mention Warcraft was out for what 8 and a half YEARS at that point in time right? After 8 and a half years they couldn't get it right. For this game only being out for FIVE DAYS, I think they are doing a damn good job. You also paid absolutely nothing extra UNLESS YOU chose to pay more for the Imperial edition. Quit crying and complaining. So far they have done a great job, and have made leaps and bounds since the beta. Last but not least if you didn't expect a major downtime to prepare for the world wide launch, you sir, are an idiot.
    Edited by Matthir on April 3, 2014 8:41PM
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    Matthir wrote: »
    Please tell me you are joking with this post? Have you ever played an MMO at launch? Or any game for that matter in the past 5 years? This is probably one of the best launches I have seen in recent years. I'll use the most recent one that most of you idiots that complain tend to understand. You remember Mists of Faildaria the first two days? In case you don't I will give you a run down, you could barely run a quest due to intense server lag, oh and you disconnected from the server quite frequently. If you could actually navigate your character around, good luck gathering anything cause 4 billion other people were doing the same thing. The day after the launch, they had a 4 hour maintenence, and during the week, they had a couple more down times. Oh and did I forget to mention Warcraft was out for what 8 and a half YEARS at that point in time right? After 8 and a half years they couldn't get it right. For this game only being out for FIVE DAYS, I think they are doing a damn good job. You also paid absolutely nothing extra UNLESS YOU chose to pay more for the Imperial edition. Quit crying and complaining. So far they have done a great job, and have made leaps and bounds since the beta. Last but not least if you didn't expect a major downtime, to prepare for the world wide launch, you sir, are an idiot.

@Matthir‌

So to summarize your post.

You are basically saying that because poor service is common place it is acceptable.

Personally I will always push the developer to be better and believe we should never accept anything other than true perfection, or we are shooting ourselves in the foot.
  • Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭
    korkibucek wrote: »
    Please tell me you are joking with this post? Have you ever played an MMO at launch? Or any game for that matter in the past 5 years? This is probably one of the best launches I have seen in recent years. I'll use the most recent one that most of you idiots that complain tend to understand. You remember Mists of Faildaria the first two days? In case you don't I will give you a run down, you could barely run a quest due to intense server lag, oh and you disconnected from the server quite frequently. If you could actually navigate your character around, good luck gathering anything cause 4 billion other people were doing the same thing. The day after the launch, they had a 4 hour maintenence, and during the week, they had a couple more down times. Oh and did I forget to mention Warcraft was out for what 8 and a half YEARS at that point in time right? After 8 and a half years they couldn't get it right. For this game only being out for FIVE DAYS, I think they are doing a damn good job. You also paid absolutely nothing extra UNLESS YOU chose to pay more for the Imperial edition. Quit crying and complaining. So far they have done a great job, and have made leaps and bounds since the beta. Last but not least if you didn't expect a major downtime, to prepare for the world wide launch, you sir, are an idiot.

@Matthir‌

You are basically saying that because poor service is common place it is acceptable.

Personally I will always push the developer to be better and believe we should never accept anything other than true perfection, or we are shooting ourselves in the foot.

Poor customer service is not acceptable and Zos has indicated such with their post...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/530396/#Comment_530396
    "Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    Grageeky wrote: »

@Matthir‌

Poor customer service is not acceptable and Zos has indicated such with their post...

Did you post the right link? I don't see an apology for this disaster.

They should speak with their actions not words - that's me hoping that in a few months time the early "access" disaster will be a long forgotten nightmare.

• Budnick
    Budnick
    if you pick anything other than a signed photo of David Hasselhoff you got to be out of your freakin mind
  • dpgirl
    dpgirl
    ✭✭
    woooo Another signed photo to add to my shrine room!
  • Matthir
    Matthir
    How is it poor customer service? I know you are a seasoned MMO veteran and understand that there is going to be downtime.

Let's figure what the downtime was for ...
    Yesterday - Patch 1.01, the major update to the game, essentially changing it from the updated BETA version you were playing.
    Today - Preparing for the server load to potentially triple in loadout
    It's not like they screwed something up or the system itself crashed ... then you would have a point. Also you could argue that they should have done that prior to pre-release, but prior to actual release(which is the period we are in now) is when they would have normally done this.

They said you could play the game 5 days early. Not for FIVE WHOLE days of uninterrupted play. And so far they have delivered on that. And peak hours, assuming you are on the American Servers, peak time is from 5 EDT - Midnight EDT, if you are playing on the American Server from somewhere else, tough break I guess. Right now they are getting into that time period but yesterday they didn't.
  • Lal
    Lal

A single day?

Thats 50¢ in value, significantly less than the Imperial edition cost.

It's what you PAID for. They are giving you back the day of down time. I don't believe we've lost anything else. I'm so tired of the litigious type of society we've all become. I'm sorry for your pain and suffering but I'm glad they are taking things down to FIX them.
  • firehawk2324
    firehawk2324
    ✭✭✭
    1- NOBODY paid for early access. You paid for the game, they gave you early access as a bonus. Maybe that bonus was the REASON you bought, but you absolutely DID NOT buy the early access.

With that being said, it's MORE than generous that they are extending that period. We surely don't deserve it, but it's absolutely good customer service for them to give it to us.
    Why not? Something has to work. Once, I dug a pit and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? Doesn't matter. It didn't slow him down. To be honest, it wasn't the best idea. And it really began to smell. Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell bad. They taste of butter! And tears. - Sheogorath
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    How is it poor customer service? I know you are a seasoned MMO veteran and understand that there is going to be downtime.

Let's figure what the downtime was for ...
    Yesterday - Patch 1.01, the major update to the game, essentially changing it from the updated BETA version you were playing.
    Today - Preparing for the server load to potentially triple in loadout
    It's not like they screwed something up or the system itself crashed ... then you would have a point. Also you could argue that they should have done that prior to pre-release, but prior to actual release(which is the period we are in now) is when they would have normally done this.

They said you could play the game 5 days early. Not for FIVE WHOLE days of uninterrupted play. And so far they have delivered on that. And peak hours, assuming you are on the American Servers, peak time is from 5 EDT - Midnight EDT, if you are playing on the American Server from somewhere else, tough break I guess. Right now they are getting into that time period but yesterday they didn't.

@Matthir‌

I've not been able to play when I wanted, so I would say it's a poor service.

Same would go for the bus service, if it stopped working when I wanted to use it my impression would be it's a poor service.

With regards to scaling the servers, they should make this elastic and seamless to the user. In fact I would be shock if their mega server where not elastic, this would make a lot of economic sense for them being able to scale up for big loads and down for quite times. Meaning they pay less money to their cloud provider, or if self hosted to their electricity company.

BTW Anyone know if they use their own infrastructure of if they use a third party cloud?
    Edited by korkibucek on April 3, 2014 8:58PM
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There was no option for "i don't want anything" so I went for the signed photo of the hoff
  • Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭
    What you want is irrelevant. What they gave you was an extra 2 days of free playing time.
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't that bad!
    Join my guild!
    "Thank Sanguine its Fredas"
    North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
    Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
  • mark2123
    mark2123
    Silly immature poll. Stuff happens on a game launch. Get over it.
  • Elvikun
    Elvikun
    ✭✭✭
    I think the +3 free days is ok as a "compensation", but I would like the signed photo tho.

Just a sidenote "Entitled jerks" well, yes, we became entitled when we bought the game. Being less-than-pleased and complaining is perfectly ok, just as critique of things you are entitled to get, yet do not get. It's really how it should be.

Honestly, defending peak time downtimes and bugs makes you a bit odd, it's like you are just bending over with your pants down before Zenimax Studios building and yelling "Please, more! I can take it! I don't mind! I love it!".
    Failing is a lifestyle too.
  • KidKablam
    KidKablam
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax should compensate everyone who posted a thread about compensation with a new pair of underpants, because anyone with so little pride that they would beg like this are just as likely to live in their own filth.
  • Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭
    Grageeky wrote: »

@Matthir‌

Did you post the right link? I don't see an apology for this disaster.

They should speak with their actions not words - that's me hoping that in a few months time the early "access" disaster will be a long forgotten nightmare.

Yeah, that's the link I meant to post...but, no it's not an apology, but it is an acknowledgement of customer's frustration (pre-order customers), and sort of, a compensation. I'll take it and shut up.
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have a near naked David Hasselhoff with puppies as a vanity pet?
    Join my guild!
    "Thank Sanguine its Fredas"
    North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
    Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
  • dpgirl
    dpgirl
    ✭✭
    You guys need to stop this "bonus" and "free" stuff... the extras for pre-order were NOT some bonus or free while supplies last. Go read the advertisement... its listed as part of the package, not some special free bonus extra.
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/preorder
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    Elvikun wrote: »
    I think the +3 free days is ok as a "compensation", but I would like the signed photo tho.

Just a sidenote "Entitled jerks" well, yes, we became entitled when we bought the game. Being less-than-pleased and complaining is perfectly ok, just as critique of things you are entitled to get, yet do not get. It's really how it should be.

Honestly, defending peak time downtimes and bugs makes you a bit odd, it's like you are just bending over with your pants down before Zenimax Studios building and yelling "Please, more! I can take it! I don't mind! I love it!".

Great post @Elvikun‌ I completely agree.
  • jackalpup83b14_ESO
    A week of free game time
    a lawyer could probably eat this up.

i paid for FIVE whole days of early access. that is what it said, and that is what i paid for. then giving us an extra day of our five days is giving us something we should have already had.

it was quoted earlier. yes i am entitled. i am a consumer. a paying customer. if this were any other business and i paid for something they advertised and didn't get it, i would be rightly compensated for my time and money.

if i bought a car and paid extra for an air freshener, that air freshener better be in the car!

if i went to a restaurant and ordered a steak, potatoes and broccoli and i was missing any component of my dish, they would compensate unless there was some fine print on the menu that said "all meal components are subject to change or be missing."

why wouldn't i feel entitled? i paid extra for something and i want it.

in this case i paid extra so i could get a head start on learning crafting traits so i could craft the special set pieces. losing out on so much game time has me set back with most of the regular game starters.

unacceptable. i paid for 3 copies of this game for my household. that is not cheap. one of them had the bug where, after the patch yesterday, the game wouldn't launch. it took us hours to figure out how to fix that. lost hours. the only reason we could fix it is because we could share our copies over our LAN. other people are not so lucky, they had to reinstall the entire game....all night long.

this imperial edition with the early access was not cheap. i would like a free month of game time and i seriously don't see why not. this was hard earned money....
  • Matthir
    Matthir

Valid point, however I would like you to tell me a game you played at LAUNCH that was perfect. Critiquing is fine, I agree, however I do not feel there was much to critique other than the couple quest bugs I ran into up to level 25.

And as i stated above, there has been no peak downtime until now. I can't speak for the Euro Server, but just because you couldn't play when you wanted to play doesn't mean it was peak time. I understand you pay money to play when you want to play, but you have to expect down time with an MMO or any online server based game. Does that mean I'm happy with not being able to play RIGHT now, no of course not. But I understand why and what they are doing. I'll just go entertain myself some other way like go to the gym now, so I can play the rest of the night when things come back online. I'm out, nice debate with you guys!
  • mu2
    mu2
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing! Jeez.
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭

Valid point, however I would like you to tell me a game you played at LAUNCH that was perfect. Critiquing is fine, I agree, however I do not feel there was much to critique other than the couple quest bugs I ran into up to level 25.

And as i stated above, there has been no peak downtime until now. I can't speak for the Euro Server, but just because you couldn't play when you wanted to play doesn't mean it was peak time. I understand you pay money to play when you want to play, but you have to expect down time with an MMO or any online server based game. Does that mean I'm happy with not being able to play RIGHT now, no of course not. But I understand why and what they are doing. I'll just go entertain myself some other way like go to the gym now, so I can play the rest of the night when things come back online. I'm out, nice debate with you guys!

They chose peak time in eu.

Put it like this if it was an online casino making money from people online, they would have staggered eu and us down times to be at quiet times.

But as they already made there cash they just do what ever they please.

Very worrying attitude for the future of the mmo!
  • Knight150
    Knight150
    ✭✭✭
    Some epic lootz (gear)
    Agree I paid for early access, I don't expect the server to be down every time I try to log on, At least extended time for time lost.
  • tattila
    tattila
    the world chico and everything in it
  • Medicius
    Medicius
    WyeVxndzz wrote: »
    I would like a list of the entitlement jerks who are "demanding" things so that I can ignore them all in-game.
    Thanks! :)

Because agreeing with his comment above just isn't enough. Re-posting to add additional weight.

• Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭
    a lawyer could probably eat this up.

i paid for FIVE whole days of early access. that is what it said, and that is what i paid for. then giving us an extra day of our five days is giving us something we should have already had.

it was quoted earlier. yes i am entitled. i am a consumer. a paying customer. if this were any other business and i paid for something they advertised and didn't get it, i would be rightly compensated for my time and money.

if i bought a car and paid extra for an air freshener, that air freshener better be in the car!

if i went to a restaurant and ordered a steak, potatoes and broccoli and i was missing any component of my dish, they would compensate unless there was some fine print on the menu that said "all meal components are subject to change or be missing."

why wouldn't i feel entitled? i paid extra for something and i want it.

in this case i paid extra so i could get a head start on learning crafting traits so i could craft the special set pieces. losing out on so much game time has me set back with most of the regular game starters.

unacceptable. i paid for 3 copies of this game for my household. that is not cheap. one of them had the bug where, after the patch yesterday, the game wouldn't launch. it took us hours to figure out how to fix that. lost hours. the only reason we could fix it is because we could share our copies over our LAN. other people are not so lucky, they had to reinstall the entire game....all night long.

this imperial edition with the early access was not cheap. i would like a free month of game time and i seriously don't see why not. this was hard earned money....

I found it...buried in the TOS/EULA...

"Early Access does not constitute full play time and is subject to beta conditions and frequent downtime, without refund or other compensation."

J/K,

Seriously, I agree with you 100%
This discussion has been closed.