The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

What does class mastery do on banner bearer?

xXCJsniperXx7
xXCJsniperXx7
✭✭✭
Specifically for DK, how does class mastery work on banner bearer? Is it constant since this skill is toggle? Does it affect only you or does it buff group members in the circle?

To specify, if you slot it both bars, does the DK class mastery activate when an enemy is in the AoE? Or does it last five seconds and you have to recast it again?
Say on an add pull, would the weapon spell damage buff and damage reduction apply only to the tank, or would group members in the circle also get it?

I would test this on pts, but I can't right now.

Best Answers

• ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭

According to testing, Sorc's Scribing will automatically cause damage to enemies within 8 feet every 5 seconds when it is no-pets.
    Just like what is shown in the video (sorry, I couldn’t find it in English): https://youtu.be/EbpKvzmUCSM?si=3uyZxSKEIuqA83Ql
    "是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
    Answer ✓
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just tested it on the PTS and the effect is constant, similar to the Sorc's Class Script in the video above. My Weapon/ Spell Damage continuously changed depending on the number of enemies. There does seem to be a bit of a small delay between the moment an enemy is in range and the buff is applied.

I'm fairly certain that the buff only applies to the caster, however.
    Answer ✓
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://eso-hub.com/en/scribing-simulator?combination=217699,,,,
    ESO Hub's Scribing Simulator can help

example of Banner Bearer with Shock Focus, Dragonknight Mastery, and Savagery and Prophecy:
    vsuy3yrlcwam.jpg

Effect: Bring out a banner to inspire yourself and nearby group members.

Increases damage done with direct damage by 6%. Reduce your Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery by 33%.

For each enemy within 8 meters, up to 6, you gain 50 Weapon and Spell Damage and reduce your damage taken by 2% plus 1% per enemy for 5 seconds.

Grants you Major Savagery and Major Prophecy, increasing Weapon and Spell Critical rating by 2629.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • xXCJsniperXx7
    xXCJsniperXx7
    ✭✭✭
    I looked at the scribe simulator, it's where I got the thought. But what I'm wondering, I would have to see in game. Like if an add walked in the 8 meters of banner, would the class mastery buff activate? If it just starts when you activate banner bearer in combat, that wouldn't be good, it would only last 5 seconds. Also doesn't make sense how this is a toggle skill, so, I assume (hopefully) that it applies the class mastery buff when something enters its circle.
    Edited by xXCJsniperXx7 on October 17, 2024 9:28PM
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at the scribe simulator, it's where I got the thought. But what I'm wondering, I would have to see in game. Like if an add walked in the 8 meters of banner, would the class mastery buff activate? If it just starts when you activate banner bearer in combat, that wouldn't be good, it would only last 5 seconds. Also doesn't make sense how this is a toggle skill, so, I assume (hopefully) that it applies the class mastery buff when something enters its circle.

Correction for everyone here. It activates your script once every 5 seconds.

If your class script has a cooldown of let's say 8 seconds (and you keep it active), your script will activate once every 10 seconds.
    Edited by Wuuffyy on October 19, 2024 1:55AM
    Wuuffyy,
    WW/berserker playstyle advocate (I play ALL classes proficiently in PvP outside of WW as well)
    ESO player since 2014 (Xbox and PC for PTS)
    -DM for questions
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wuuffyy wrote: »

Correction for everyone here. It activates your script once every 5 seconds.

If your class script has a cooldown of let's say 8 seconds (and you keep it active), your script will activate once every 10 seconds.

Finally Arcanists mastery script will be useful for something if its continuously gives Crux every 5s
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried the Necro script, which is already super wonky both in function as well as in tooltip verbiage, and it behaves the same way.

Every 3s it will check for corpses in the area and calculate its stat buff for the next 10s. However, you'll only get 10s at that value if no other corpses are being generated by your fighting, otherwise it will continually check every 3s and update accordingly.

So if you're, say, in the Archive, you're going to have a VERY variable level of stats since it's constantly updating and you are constantly producing corpses.