The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Questionable Plaguebreak comment in patch notes

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8192605/#Comment_8192605
Rather than try and find a balance between PvE and PvP for this set, and ultimately compromise so it doesn't feel particularly strong in either, we're removing the damage scaling effects against players – as Plaguebreak already fits the bill of the PvP big boom set.

No it doesn't. Coordinated groups don't cleanse which means Plaguebreak doesn't proc. Even if it did, groups can heal through it. The proc would need to be 40k+ damage to even make a dent now that Scribing has super buffed groups.

[Minor title edit]
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 15, 2024 10:19PM
PC NA
  • necro_the_crafter
    necro_the_crafter
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/jngnhqLAMmA

Im wearing plaguebreak by the way.
    Oh wait...
    l2w1qunhm0r5.jpg
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing your reply was sarcasm because you didn't get a single Plaguebreak proc. ("Plague Infected")

9JVCzQe.png
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the Plaguebreak damage bonus per enemy hit is additive or exponential?

https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkillCoef.php?abilityid=159603
    If the plague is removed early it explodes and deals <<5>> to all enemies within 8 meters of the carrier, increasing by <<6>> per enemy hit.

<<5>> = + 0.73588 MaxPower
    <<6>> = 50%

4 enemies additive = 1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5
    4 enemies exponential = 1 * 1.5^3

Because there's a huge scaling difference.

Here's a quick visual using some standard combat numbers (6k wd/sd, 18k pen, 35k resist, Minor Protection, etc)

Pn5NZMj.png

Edited by SkaraMinoc on October 16, 2024 6:13AM
    PC NA
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP is right. Plaguebreak is not fulfilling it's role, since organized groups can just out heal the need to purge.

Heal stacking needs to be addressed for the overall health of Cyrodiil/IC maybe through battle spirit so PvE isn't affected.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there's an order of processing done by the server and OO and VD are processed before PB on an "on death" event. This has been known since ancient ages.

Had your OO and VD not already wiped that group then you would have seen the PB damage.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my understanding is basically every scaled proc is basically additive of the base value

so if it says increases dmg by 100% per target, and the base dmg is 1000

i noticed this with baron thirsk set which increases dmg by 100% per explosion, but its actual dmg per explosion didnt double on each explosion, it only increased by the amount of the initial explosion

the initial explosion was say 800, the 2nd hit was 1600 and the 3rd hit was 2400

plague is +50% dmg per target

using your initial number of 1146 (rounded to make math easier), each subsequent target would increase the dmg by 1146/2 or 573 dmg

i dont know if 1 target adds the bonus 1x still, so your minimum dmg would still be 1146+573

for each additional target you would just add 573 more dmg

essentially hitting 10 targets would add 5730 dmg on top of the base 1146 or 6876 total dmg
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    my understanding is basically every scaled proc is basically additive of the base value

i noticed this with baron thirsk set which increases dmg by 100% per explosion, but its actual dmg per explosion didnt double on each explosion, it only increased by the amount of the initial explosion

the initial explosion was say 800, the 2nd hit was 1600 and the 3rd hit was 2400

using your initial number of 1146 (rounded to make math easier), each subsequent target would increase the dmg by 1146/2 or 573 dmg

i dont know if 1 target adds the bonus 1x still, so your minimum dmg would still be 1146+573

essentially hitting 10 targets would add 5730 dmg on top of the base 1146 or 6876 total dmg

If that's the case, then Plaguebreak absolutely does not "fit the bill of a big PvP boom set" as mentioned in the patch notes.

Here's an example calculation (6k wd, 18k pen, etc)

12 enemies: ((6000 * 0.73588) * 1.5*11) * 0.5 * (1-((35000-18000)/660)/100) * (1-(20/100)) * (1-(5/100)) * (1-(8/100)) = 18908.87813

18.9k damage is nothing against a coordinated group

Edited by SkaraMinoc on October 16, 2024 6:10AM
    PC NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

If that's the case, then Plaguebreak absolutely does not "fit the bill of a big PvP boom set" as mentioned in the patch notes.

Here's an example calculation using the same as my previous math above (6k wd, 18k pen, etc)

12 enemies: ((6000 * 0.73588) * 1.5*11) * 0.5 * (1-((35000-18000)/660)/100) * (1-(20/100)) * (1-(5/100)) * (1-(8/100)) = 18908.87813

most of the plague hits i usually see right now are in the 6-12k range, since the proc scales it cannot crit, and the base dmg and scaling are too low to make it really do big booms (if your solo it does negligible dmg)

does it contribute to help bomb? sure it can bit it solely wont be able to do that, VD itself usually does more dmg than plague
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on October 15, 2024 8:52PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Any idea why the Developer Comment in the patch notes is incorrect?
    Rather than try and find a balance between PvE and PvP for this set, and ultimately compromise so it doesn't feel particularly strong in either, we're removing the damage scaling effects against players – as Plaguebreak already fits the bill of the PvP big boom set.

The math shows that Plaguebreak is not a PvP big boom set. Especially when coordinated groups are able to avoid the proc.
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on October 15, 2024 9:02PM
    PC NA
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_BrianWheeler, care to chime in here and explain how you see this set working against ball groups that have 80-100k effective hp?

Otherwise, it just seems like you don't care, or that some combat team members actively play in a ball group and made a decision in their best interest and not the interests of the greater Cyro playerbase.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's an example calculation using the same as my previous math above (6k wd, 18k pen, etc)

It's a damage cascade set like VD.

If only a single person purges (like, say, by a Netch removing its single effect) when nothing else is happening then the PB damage isn't going to move the needle.

OTOH, if that group is holding a ram and is under oils, Coldfire, etc. or is getting zerged and under a Negate and that person purges then that damage could be just the damage spike that's needed to start the chain of wipes and the PB damage cascade.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OTOH, if that group is holding a ram and is under oils, Coldfire, etc. or is getting zerged and under a Negate and that person purges then that damage could be just the damage spike that's needed to start the chain of wipes and the PB damage cascade.

Except no coordinated group of 12 players does that. Maybe you'll have 6 players on a ram but the rest spread out and fire a ballista. Yes, I get what you're saying about how Plaguebreak can be just enough AOE damage to start a chain reaction. But let's be honest, the conditions for that to happen are extremely rare.

8m radius is not that large and the base damage of Plaguebreak and the additive scaling isn't enough.
    PC NA
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP is correct and i explicitly pointed this out immediately upon reading week 2's azureblight developer note
  • necro_the_crafter
    necro_the_crafter
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing your reply was sarcasm because you didn't get a single Plaguebreak proc. ("Plague Infected")

9JVCzQe.png

Indeed thats a sarcasm

If only a single person purges (like, say, by a Netch removing its single effect) when nothing else is happening then the PB damage isn't going to move the needle.

No it isnt, VD is a cascade set like VD.

As you saw PB didnt proc at all during all of the encounter. And I got a lot of players infected in that group based off numbers of PB DoT ticks. Which is means that its just to easy to heal throght PB DPS without triggering it. And if you want to wipe the group full-to-zero with a bomb you better of picking VD OR PB since:
    Yeah, there's an order of processing done by the server and OO and VD are processed before PB on an "on death" event. This has been known since ancient ages.

Had your OO and VD not already wiped that group then you would have seen the PB damage.

But since PB can only be applied to 1 target at a time while VD will explode everyone who dies, VD is a better option for full-to-zero kills that sets off a big bomb.

Which in the end means that PB isnt an alternative to AB, nor it is an alternaative to VD. They all different, and serve their different purposes. PB - cleanses, AB - stacking, VD - lack of attention/poor target priority. And effectivly removing AB is just removing one of a counters to a effective combat behaviour.

Edited by necro_the_crafter on October 16, 2024 2:52PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

9JVCzQe.png

Indeed thats a sarcasm

No it isnt, VD is a cascade set like VD.

As you saw PB didnt proc at all during all of the encounter. And I got a lot of players infected in that group based off numbers of PB DoT ticks. Which is means that its just to easy to heal throght PB DPS without triggering it. And if you want to wipe the group full-to-zero with a bomb you better of picking VD OR PB since:

But since PB can only be applied to 1 target at a time while VD will explode everyone who dies, VD is a better option for full-to-zero kills that sets off a big bomb.

Which in the end means that PB isnt an alternative to AB, nor it is an alternaative to VD. They all different, and serve their different purposes. PB - cleanses, AB - stacking, VD - lack of attention/poor target priority. And effectivly removing AB is just removing one of a counters to a effective combat behaviour.

the PB dot itself is kind of intentionally weak, even the added dot from the guaranteed diseased dmg and minor defile doesnt really do much

what PB is supposed to do is penalize purging, but as been noted if your in a small group or solo, the explosion does negligible dmg when you purge, when your in a large group, you have so many heal and shield stacks theres almost no need to purge

at least they made it so that when people die the explosion still happens, when the set originally came out the enemy had to purge to make it explode (and i think the explosion was much stronger then too)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• warm_blanket
    warm_blanket
    ✭✭
    Plaguebreak has 3 problems which hold it back against groups:
    1. The base damage & scaling are too low for a "big boom" bombing set, as already mentioned.
    2. The uptime on the set is only 50%, making it trivial to deny the bomb proc even if it were a "big boom".
    3. The amount of damage mitigation groups of players can stack is insane.

Addressing even just one of the above 3 would help make it more useful against stacks of players. Atm the only "big boom" set is vicious death.

Though outside of finally addressing the long standing issue with the mitigation ceiling of grouped players, if I had to pick I would prefer to see the 50% uptime per target of PB increased significantly (80%+) as opposed to increasing its base damage, as it would solidify its niche as an anti-purge set while also making the booms much likely to proc due to the plague debuff lasting longer. Not to mention granting a higher uptime on diseased.
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't completely true. People have misconceptions about the way plaguebreak works. It 100% prevents big groups from using purge if there are multiple people under the effect of it. If one person has plague on them, while standing in a group of 12, it will deal large AoE damage, but the group won't die. If multiple people have plague on them(which they should if the person is applying it properly) and the group gets purged, the damage will be much higher.

The above comment is correct about the orders of sets, and plague usually won't show, but most bigger groups don't run purge, or if they do, like LoM, they will only use it while under oil while nobody is applying plague to them. I have seen one single person applying plague while they are under oil and were unaware and blow up multiple people while attempting to purge. I've been in a group of 5 and someone has purged and instantly killed everyone from full HP because they all had plague on them so the damage was multiplicative. If you don't understand the way it works just get a few friends to sit together and have one of them get plague on them and have them purge, then get the same number of people and have more of them get plague applied and you will see that it very quickly becomes impossible to do so.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaguebreak has 3 problems which hold it back against groups:
    1. The base damage & scaling are too low for a "big boom" bombing set, as already mentioned.
    2. The uptime on the set is only 50%, making it trivial to deny the bomb proc even if it were a "big boom".
    3. The amount of damage mitigation groups of players can stack is insane.

Addressing even just one of the above 3 would help make it more useful against stacks of players. Atm the only "big boom" set is vicious death.

Though outside of finally addressing the long standing issue with the mitigation ceiling of grouped players, if I had to pick I would prefer to see the 50% uptime per target of PB increased significantly (80%+) as opposed to increasing its base damage, as it would solidify its niche as an anti-purge set while also making the booms much likely to proc due to the plague debuff lasting longer. Not to mention granting a higher uptime on diseased.

the uptime can actually be high or low, depending on if the target purges

i the dot lasts for the entire duration, the max uptime is 50% (10 sec dot, 20 sec cooldown)

if someone purges right after they get it such as if they were away from allies, the downtime could be larger, if they purged 1 second after it was applied, it would be down for 19 seconds instead of 10

if i recall, this set used to basically have no cooldown at all, so you could keep the plague dot up near 100% of the time
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8192605/#Comment_8192605

No it doesn't. Coordinated groups don't cleanse which means Plaguebreak doesn't proc. Even if it did, groups can heal through it. The proc would need to be 40k+ damage to even make a dent now that Scribing has super buffed groups.

[Minor title edit]

Statements like this and their explanation for what they did to Azurblight make it clear nobody at ZOS knows what's going on in Cyrodiil or how to make balance adjustments that benefit PvP.
  • warm_blanket
    warm_blanket
    ✭✭

the uptime can actually be high or low, depending on if the target purges

i the dot lasts for the entire duration, the max uptime is 50% (10 sec dot, 20 sec cooldown)

if someone purges right after they get it such as if they were away from allies, the downtime could be larger, if they purged 1 second after it was applied, it would be down for 19 seconds instead of 10

if i recall, this set used to basically have no cooldown at all, so you could keep the plague dot up near 100% of the time

Yes this is also part of what I was getting at. Thanks for explaining it explicitly.

A bit silly that the anti-purge effect actually has a lower uptime when a player purges, down from 50% to as low as 5%. Pretty funny how counterproductive/counterintuitive that is.