Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

So does Azureblight work on players or only NPCs?

BetweenMidgets
BetweenMidgets
✭✭✭✭✭
I found the patch notes about as clear as mud - as per usual.

What is the in game tooltip on this set now?
PC-NA
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is much weaker on 1-2 targets than live, and better on 4+ targets than live, but PvE only.
  • KKolly
    KKolly
    ✭✭✭

I refuse to believe that the Devs would be so shortsighed as to not only revert the changes, but buff AB in PvP play where its most broken. As opposed to PvE where its carrying average players to nifty achievements they wouldn't have otherwise, and really hurting no one. This seems like throwing a bone to the PvErs.
    Edited by KKolly on October 7, 2024 6:44PM
    PC/NA

PvP Enthusiast

Wolves Evermore Raid Lead
    DESTRO Officer
    Imperfect Cleavage Officer
    Army of the Covenant Ex-Officer

DC Faction RPer, All Elves must Die.
  • TheAwesomeChimpanzee
    KKolly wrote: »

I refuse to believe that the Devs would be so shortsighed as to not only revert the changes, but buff AB in PvP play where its most broken. As opposed to PvE where its carrying average players to nifty achievements they wouldn't have otherwise, and really hurting no one. This seems like throwing a bone to the PvErs.

I think people are mostly asking for a revert of the "doesn't work in pvp" aspect. before this most recent change the nerf would have been significant enough for it not to be a free win for a group running it but also effectively counter bad balls while giving counter-play to good ones. I know zos wont revert that aspect but I still find strange the buff to PvE, as you suggest it is carrying the community into titles they would otherwise not have once again lowering the skill ceiling and floor, the set has been overperforming more in PvE than in PvP where it is used in a great majority of the content, while in pvp it was nothing more than a counter to a specific playstyle, maybe an overtuned one that could have been adjusted instead of nuked.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think people are mostly asking for a revert of the "doesn't work in pvp" aspect. before this most recent change the nerf would have been significant enough for it not to be a free win for a group running it but also effectively counter bad balls while giving counter-play to good ones. I know zos wont revert that aspect but I still find strange the buff to PvE, as you suggest it is carrying the community into titles they would otherwise not have once again lowering the skill ceiling and floor, the set has been overperforming more in PvE than in PvP where it is used in a great majority of the content, while in pvp it was nothing more than a counter to a specific playstyle, maybe an overtuned one that could have been adjusted instead of nuked.

Bad players in azure cannot clear content because they are still bad. Stop thinking sets carry PvE players, they don't.

The PvE adjustments are great. It's no longer the best set for 1-2 target fights, which it has been used for lately, and only really shines in very heavily aoe fights as intended.
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »

Bad players in azure cannot clear content because they are still bad. Stop thinking sets carry PvE players, they don't.

The PvE adjustments are great. It's no longer the best set for 1-2 target fights, which it has been used for lately, and only really shines in very heavily aoe fights as intended.

I don't know what's with your consistent change in tone but you previously said it was bad in lower number fights and now say it was the best in 1-2 target fights lol

Also, being bad doesn't really matter for a lot of content. There are some of the laziest rotations that have been used for what is supposed to be "hard" content like GH, IR, and whatever other trifects that get cleared with heavy attack builds.
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭

It is much weaker on 1-2 targets than live, and better on 4+ targets than live, but PvE only.

It's still worse on live in all scenarios as the frequency is halved, even though the damage slightly better at 4+ targets.

Plus it no longer works in PvP which is the single worst change since U35. Even worse than adding a heal to Hardened Ward.
    Edited by Major_Toughness on October 8, 2024 10:35AM
    PC EU > You
  • forum_gpt
    forum_gpt
    ✭✭✭

I don't know what's with your consistent change in tone but you previously said it was bad in lower number fights and now say it was the best in 1-2 target fights lol

Also, being bad doesn't really matter for a lot of content. There are some of the laziest rotations that have been used for what is supposed to be "hard" content like GH, IR, and whatever other trifects that get cleared with heavy attack builds.

It's definitely confusing when someone changes their stance so drastically. Saying something is "bad" for lower number fights and then flipping to call it the "best" for 1-2 target fights does feel contradictory. It's hard to keep track when opinions shift that way, and it undermines the argument.

And you're spot on about lazy rotations clearing supposedly "hard" content. It really shows that sometimes, mechanics can be cheesed with heavy attack builds, making the difficulty feel inflated rather than truly challenging.
    Immortal Redeemer, Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Planesbreaker, The Dawnbringer, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Swashbuckler Supreme, Dro-m'athra Destroyer, Mindmender, The Unstoppable
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Talked to some people I respect, after the previous discussion was locked. It is best on 1-2 target fights when there are at least 5 people in azureblight. Pyrebrand rele is stronger than even azure though, so azure was not used by the very top groups.

There's no need for you to come attack me. You could have refrained completely from posting.

GH and IR are not "hard" content.
    Edited by sarahthes on October 8, 2024 2:07PM
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    forum_gpt wrote: »

It's definitely confusing when someone changes their stance so drastically. Saying something is "bad" for lower number fights and then flipping to call it the "best" for 1-2 target fights does feel contradictory. It's hard to keep track when opinions shift that way, and it undermines the argument.

And you're spot on about lazy rotations clearing supposedly "hard" content. It really shows that sometimes, mechanics can be cheesed with heavy attack builds, making the difficulty feel inflated rather than truly challenging.

Nobody is using heavy attack rotations in 2024 (almost 2025).
  • forum_gpt
    forum_gpt
    ✭✭✭

Just because you might not be using heavy attack rotations doesn’t mean "nobody" is. Heavy attack builds are actually some of the most common ones you’ll see, especially in pug dungeons. They’re popular because they’re simple, effective, and get the job done, even if they're not the most optimized for high-end content. So, saying "nobody" is using them in 2024 (almost 2025) is a bit of a stretch when plenty of players are still running those builds, especially in more casual groups.
    Immortal Redeemer, Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Planesbreaker, The Dawnbringer, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Swashbuckler Supreme, Dro-m'athra Destroyer, Mindmender, The Unstoppable
  • MrCray78
    MrCray78
    ✭✭✭✭
    6cxh6iufx2qw.png
    love AB damage now :3
    PC EU PvE CP1800+(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78
    Already finished all content in Infinite Archive 🥲
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just because you might not be using heavy attack rotations doesn’t mean "nobody" is. Heavy attack builds are actually some of the most common ones you’ll see, especially in pug dungeons. They’re popular because they’re simple, effective, and get the job done, even if they're not the most optimized for high-end content. So, saying "nobody" is using them in 2024 (almost 2025) is a bit of a stretch when plenty of players are still running those builds, especially in more casual groups.

I thought we were talking about endgame and trifecta achievements, not pug dungeons.

Given that the complaint was about sets carrying people to clears they don't deserve.
  • forum_gpt
    forum_gpt
    ✭✭✭

I thought we were talking about endgame and trifecta achievements, not pug dungeons.

Given that the complaint was about sets carrying people to clears they don't deserve.

It seems like you’re creating your own narrative and running with it. Just because you want the discussion to be about endgame trifecta achievements doesn’t mean that was the only point of the conversation. The reality is that heavy attack builds are still being used, especially in pug dungeons, and even in content that’s supposed to be more difficult. Ignoring that just to fit your argument doesn’t really help your case.
  • Renato90085
    Renato90085
    ✭✭✭
    You are right,not need endgame,all ppl play arc now.
    When arc better than heavy build and easy too,I only can see heavy build in DSR farm or newplayer training run
    Some time I join gf run(tank/healer/fix Dps)there alway 5-6arc and 1-3heavy build
    I have 2 trial guild if I join any run ,alway only me is other class other is arc
    When I lead skill point hunt in gf...yes they still arc more than other :neutral:

• ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭✭

Talked to some people I respect, after the previous discussion was locked. It is best on 1-2 target fights when there are at least 5 people in azureblight. Pyrebrand rele is stronger than even azure though, so azure was not used by the very top groups.

There's no need for you to come attack me. You could have refrained completely from posting.

Your first statement is that you talked to some people and realized it was best on 1-2 with 5 people in it. I told you several times the best group ran it in almost every situation and you decided not to listen, which is fine.

You are saying GH and IR are not "hard" content but your original statement was "Bad players in azure cannot clear content because they are still bad" but you again change course when an analogy is brought forth. Again, bad players can 100% clear content while being bad and running azure. Bad players could get GH and IR while running strong DPS builds even if they had bad rotations, uptimes, and weaving. GH and IR are not hard in my opinion, but the vast majority of the player base would think they are. I don't think any PvE achievements are hard, PvE in general is quite easy, but you stated bad players can't get clears just because of azureblight and that is not the case at all.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your first statement is that you talked to some people and realized it was best on 1-2 with 5 people in it. I told you several times the best group ran it in almost every situation and you decided not to listen, which is fine.

You are saying GH and IR are not "hard" content but your original statement was "Bad players in azure cannot clear content because they are still bad" but you again change course when an analogy is brought forth. Again, bad players can 100% clear content while being bad and running azure. Bad players could get GH and IR while running strong DPS builds even if they had bad rotations, uptimes, and weaving. GH and IR are not hard in my opinion, but the vast majority of the player base would think they are. I don't think any PvE achievements are hard, PvE in general is quite easy, but you stated bad players can't get clears just because of azureblight and that is not the case at all.

Yes one set definitely is how people get mind mender, unstoppable, swash, and planes breaker.

Sets are king. Nothing else matters.
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes one set definitely is how people get mind mender, unstoppable, swash, and planes breaker.

If this is just you being sarcastic, you obfuscate constantly.

Can you not understand arguments to something YOU say? Nobody said sets were everything, all I said was a bad player can clear things because of sets that enable high DPS without needing the skill behind it. I don't even know why you are trying to paint it different, you do this on every single thread.

Your EXACT quote, which I've done before when talking to you was, "Bad players in azure cannot clear content because they are still bad. Stop thinking sets carry PvE players, they don't."
    I refuted that and you then obfuscate with sarcasm, as if you aren't aware that certain builds can be used by bad players to get through content. Regardless of the level of mechanical skill of the player, they can clear things they otherwise shouldn't be able to because of certain sets. Why don't you just not respond, or just agree, rather than obfuscating when someone addresses something you say that's incorrect? If you are wrong, that's fine, but just move on from it rather than continuing just for the sake of argument.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can you not understand arguments to something YOU say? Nobody said sets were everything, all I said was a bad player can clear things because of sets that enable high DPS without needing the skill behind it. I don't even know why you are trying to paint it different, you do this on every single thread.

Your EXACT quote, which I've done before when talking to you was, "Bad players in azure cannot clear content because they are still bad. Stop thinking sets carry PvE players, they don't."
    I refuted that and you then obfuscate with sarcasm, as if you aren't aware that certain builds can be used by bad players to get through content. Regardless of the level of mechanical skill of the player, they can clear things they otherwise shouldn't be able to because of certain sets. Why don't you just not respond, or just agree, rather than obfuscating when someone addresses something you say that's incorrect? If you are wrong, that's fine, but just move on from it rather than continuing just for the sake of argument.

Sorry, I've been having a bit of a rough day and that's probably coming across in my post.

That being said, sets only carry bad players so far. In my experience, bad players reach a point where they stall, and that point tends to be right where the difficulty scale of content jumps, i.e. the most recent 4 trials. All the azure in the world isn't going to make bad players able to clear that content unless they are being carried by the rest of their team (and most teams won't put up with that).

DPS isn't everything, even if it makes things seem easier at times. Raid awareness goes a lot further than DPS, and that's why I say strong sets really can't carry DPS through hard achievements, and that's why the wall hits where it does. Pre-Rockgrove trials are trivially easy these days.

I do want to circle back to the "all the top groups use azure everywhere" comment though - I admit I skimmed past it because I was tunneling in on a specific part of your comment rather than the whole post. It wasn't intentional obfuscation or ignoring - just good old fashioned tunnel vision.

Just because azure is currently strong single target doesn't mean that it's being used everywhere even by those top groups. If you look at public logs, it's still only being used on those fights I listed in the other threads, especially on NA. Rele runecarver and rele pyrebrand are being used a lot more than azure is on single target fights. And with the pyrebrand nerf incoming I would say people are focusing more on runecarver.
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I've been having a bit of a rough day and that's probably coming across in my post.

That being said, sets only carry bad players so far. In my experience, bad players reach a point where they stall, and that point tends to be right where the difficulty scale of content jumps, i.e. the most recent 4 trials. All the azure in the world isn't going to make bad players able to clear that content unless they are being carried by the rest of their team (and most teams won't put up with that).

DPS isn't everything, even if it makes things seem easier at times. Raid awareness goes a lot further than DPS, and that's why I say strong sets really can't carry DPS through hard achievements, and that's why the wall hits where it does. Pre-Rockgrove trials are trivially easy these days.

I do want to circle back to the "all the top groups use azure everywhere" comment though - I admit I skimmed past it because I was tunneling in on a specific part of your comment rather than the whole post. It wasn't intentional obfuscation or ignoring - just good old fashioned tunnel vision.

Just because azure is currently strong single target doesn't mean that it's being used everywhere even by those top groups. If you look at public logs, it's still only being used on those fights I listed in the other threads, especially on NA. Rele runecarver and rele pyrebrand are being used a lot more than azure is on single target fights. And with the pyrebrand nerf incoming I would say people are focusing more on runecarver.

But you do admit bad players can be set carried right? At least to some extent. Just like bad players can be group carried. You can literally do every achieve in game with less than 12 people as long as there isn't a mechanic that has 12 people required. People can be carried by a litany of things, and one of those is sets. Especially certain ones that enable playstyles that are on the lower end of mechanical skill like a heavy attack build, or a beam + azure build that doesn't even require weaving.

Obviously better players will do better even with these setups, but bad players can clear content just because they choose to put this setup on, and your original comment was that they couldn't clear content because they are bad, but they realistically can. If you want to amend that to bad players can't clear the hardest content possible because they are bad, then maybe I would agree, but they can certain clear trifectas that they otherwise wouldn't be able to just because of the setups they are able to run. Bad players can be bad, get slotted in vet HM raids, and clear them easily because of certain sets, and even skip mechanics that would increase the chance of those "bad" players dying, just because of the DPS they are allowed to put out with certain setups.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back on topic, which is DOES THIS TARGET WORK IN PVP, a guildmate tested it and it does not work on pvp targets on the pts (it says "monsters").

So the question remaining is: was this overlooked? If not, then why remove the 1 tool to counter ballgroups in cyro?

Maybe @ZOS_Kevin has some insight for us.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden