Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC).
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.2.5 is available.

PTS Update 44 – Feedback Thread for Housing

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new houses and furnishings. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What are your general thoughts on new houses?
  • What do you think of the new furnishings?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on September 16, 2024 10:12PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i love the new homes and new furnishings!

Kthendral Deep Mines is pretty though i wish it were in Arkthzand Caverns instead of Greymoor.
    Love all the geodes in the home and the little water area. the minecart track is fun too.

Grand Gallery of Tamriel seems like a good home and I can't wait to add achievement furnishings, trophies, and antiquities to it.

thanks for giving us more Dawnwood furnishings and new Ayleid furnishings.
    i hope there'll be a house in either of those styles in the future too.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • WolfCombatPet
    WolfCombatPet
    ✭✭✭
    Please sell me this area as a home. I can see it from Grand Gallery of Tamriel.
    Just the area. 700 slots. NO buildings.
    You can leave the dock and boat in it.

I want to build up along the mountain next to the waterfall.

cteh0bhusgxw.png

It's been a really long time since I've bought a house in ESO. My dollars are accumulating dust in my bank account.

Edited by WolfCombatPet on September 16, 2024 11:31PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are your general thoughts on new houses? The gallery is great! love it!

What do you think of the new furnishings? Saw two new furnishings in the new Grand Gallery of Tamriel house. The Imperial Statue, Guard and the Imperial Statue, Druid statues are misnamed.

The Imperial Statue, Guard statue is depicted wearing full Breton Heavy armor, and its pedestal features a breton triquetra. It is also just a repaired version of the furnishing Damaged Knight of St Pelin Statue, which is used everywhere across High Rock.

With the Imperial Statue, Druid, the Druid is wearing Breton Tier 4 Heavy hip armor, and druids are Breton in origin. They should be renamed to something like Breton Statue, Guard (or knight) and Breton Statue, Druid. Or if they are meant to be Imperial made depictions of a breton knight and druid, it should instead be called Imperial Statue, Breton Knight, for example.

Imperials and Bretons already share similar architectural styles, and these furnishings can cause issues regarding people not familiar with their distinctions.

sab1auo6mmpl.png
    Edited by Aliyavana on September 16, 2024 11:50PM
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came here to say the exact same thing as Aliyavana. Calling these two clearly Bretonic statues Imperial is a disservice and this should 100% be changed to reflect the race they actual are: Bretons

As Aliyavana said, either change them to be Breton Statue, Guard/Druid or keep them as Imperial but specify the Breton-yness through Imperial Statue, Breton Guard/Druid.

Both Breton and Imperial fans are kinda sick of the two races being treated as one in the same and this doesn't help
    Edited by CoolBlast3 on September 16, 2024 11:28PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in addition to the above statement i made earlier, i tried finding those two statues in the crown store, and it looks like they are not there. can you either add it there, or maybe have it drop as part of the legacy of the bretons celebration? seeing both knights and druids are relevant there?
    Edited by Aliyavana on September 16, 2024 11:25PM
  • WolfCombatPet
    WolfCombatPet
    ✭✭✭
    What are your general thoughts on new houses?
    Grand Gallery of Tamriel is too far from its nature surroundings. The existing building is going to eat up too many item slots to block off.
    The other house is... another cave home. I already ignored and didn't buy the previous cave home.

We already have an Imperial home (Linchal Grand Manor) and a cave home (The Erstwhile Sanctuary).

What do you think of the new furnishings?
    They are mostly artistic pieces. Most of them aren't anything I can use to build a cottage, cabin, castle, etc. I am starved for cohesive modular building pieces.
    1) Please consider having your artists design a 2-story wood cabin with multiple large bedrooms. Now take all the walls, ceiling, floors, etc and make them modular buildings pieces.
    2) Please consider every piece used to build the castle in Pantherfang Chapel and then give us those modular pieces. The towers with stairs inside, the tall walls with battlements, the railings found inside the castle, etc.

Do you have any other general feedback?

1) Other houses I would buy:
    Antiquarian house without the building. And upgraded to 700 slots.
    Forgemaster Falls without the building. And upgraded to 700 slots.

2) Please sell us all the window furnishings that exist in the game, without the opaque glass obstructing our view of the outside.

3) "Colovian Doorway, Stone" is gorgeous, but we didn't get enough matching modular building pieces for it. "Colovian Wall, Flat Stone" does NOT match it because it has too much plaster. Placing these two next to each other looks awful.

There are MANY Colovian style stone building pieces in Skingrad. I was hoping for more Colovian structural MODULAR building pieces in Q4.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... about those ESO jubilee banners and the beautiful carpets with the Ouroboros on them... will there be other sources to get them from than the gallery home? I feel each player should be able to have those, not just those with enough coin to buy the house (if the plan is to sell it). I would love for the impresarias assistent to offer those all the time tbh. I would love more of that ingame eso merch^^

The houses themselves are both very massive. Not my taste, would not buy them.

I like the dawnwood arcs with the lights, the ayleid furniture and the new trees :) Also that there's some furniture that I can buy with my tel var stones now.
    PC/EU
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

What do you think of the new furnishings? Saw two new furnishings in the new Grand Gallery of Tamriel house. The Imperial Statue, Guard and the Imperial Statue, Druid statues are misnamed.

Just noticed that and came here to say the same thing, I really hope they fix their names, they're clearly breton statues.
    @MorvanClaude on PC/NA, don't try to trap me with lore subjects, it will work
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Grand Gallery of Tamriel is beautiful, but please - half that size would have been enough. 700 furnishing slots... that's like a drop of water in an empty swimming pool!
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new mine home is nice but the entrance is the selling point , remove the bridge and let the blacksmiwth station be moveable.

Grand Gallery is ridiculously oversized for no reason. with 700 slots 75% of the house would need to be blocked off. There's no water feature in this home either which is a shame because you'd probably sell more if you had a pond or a river running through it somewhere.

I don't like the Tel Var bound furniture, it's already a pain with housing storage at least let us trade the items from Tel Var
  • WolfCombatPet
    WolfCombatPet
    ✭✭✭

The houses themselves are both very massive. Not my taste, would not buy them.

I have a theory that ZOS thinks all players want massive buildings when we ask for 700 slot homes.

Edited by WolfCombatPet on September 19, 2024 3:11AM
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new furnishings are AWESOME! So many of the requested Dawnwood items, so happy!! The companion furnishings are wonderful also, LOVE the pool.

I built an island with them
    g3cn2pojgdaa.jpg

But a botanical crime was committed! Calling this Calathea-leaved plant a fern! 😱 💀
    bbn8gghiw67b.jpg

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The furnishings for the breton knight and druid are now in the crown store which is good as it gives them another source, but the naming scheme for them still indicates they are imperial. please fix the name.

cu16vajz6d2r.png
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah please, they cannot go to Live improperly named like this.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just a non damaged version of the Damaged Knight of St Pelin Statue

ON-furnishing-Damaged_Knight_of_St._Pelin_Statue.jpg
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also see the Imperial Statue, Guard statue in the background in Daggerfall

ESO_HI_Glenumbra_in-body.jpg
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Imperial Statue, Guard statue is depicted wearing full Breton Heavy armor, and its pedestal features a breton triquetra. It is also just a repaired version of the furnishing Damaged Knight of St Pelin Statue, which is used everywhere across High Rock.

With the Imperial Statue, Druid, the Druid is wearing Breton Tier 4 Heavy hip armor, and druids are Breton in origin. They should be renamed to something like Breton Statue, Guard (or knight) and Breton Statue, Druid. Or if they are meant to be Imperial made depictions of a breton knight and druid, it should instead be called Imperial Statue, Breton Knight, for example.

Imperials and Bretons already share similar architectural styles, and these furnishings can cause issues regarding people not familiar with their distinctions.

Agreed. Breton Statue, Knight and Breton Statue, Druid would make sense to me.

Edited by Enodoc on September 24, 2024 10:33PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • BenjaminGasper
    Harvesting
    The following furnishing base materials have had their drop chances increased:
    Mundane Runes, from runestone nodes.
    Heartwood, from raw wood nodes.
    Decorative Wax, from various overworld clickables.

With this changes on the way, can you please finally make those materials drop from surveys as well, so there is actually a reason to do those surveys instead of destroying them...
  • WolfCombatPet
    WolfCombatPet
    ✭✭✭

With this changes on the way, can you please finally make those materials drop from surveys as well, so there is actually a reason to do those surveys instead of destroying them...

That would be nice.

I either stockpile my surveys on alts or destroy them.
    Edited by WolfCombatPet on September 28, 2024 2:10AM
  • akasha167
    akasha167
    ✭✭
    There's a mundus stone which people cannot interact with. I think it's the Lady mundus stone.

I tried it in 2 different houses, no interaction possible with the stone.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last week the Imperial Statue, Guard and the Imperial Statue, Druid furnishings were added to the housing crown store, but are now missing from it this week. I hope the statues are not too rare with that source gone.

Additionally, the names have not been changed to Breton yet.

For the former, even the original artist intended for it to be Breton: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YKaxP

Please fix the furnishing names.
    Edited by Aliyavana on September 30, 2024 10:14PM
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    I am a bit sad that we did not get the new Aylied urns as well as the old ones. And some more structural furnishing items.

I'd love to have some of the Welkyn stone holders to be craftable amd an updated, craftable version of the Welkystones themselfs as well as the Valarstones. Also some other of the traditional structural parts.

I am also sad we did not get a second Aylied home along with this chapter. One that offers a little more nice interior to play with.
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last week the Imperial Statue, Guard and the Imperial Statue, Druid furnishings were added to the housing crown store, but are now missing from it this week. I hope the statues are not too rare with that source gone.

Additionally, the names have not been changed to Breton yet.

For the former, even the original artist intended for it to be Breton: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YKaxP

Please fix the furnishing names.

Yep, commenting on this again. These statues are not Imperial in the slightest and it's a disservice to go Live as such.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoonPile wrote: »
    The new furnishings are AWESOME! So many of the requested Dawnwood items, so happy!! The companion furnishings are wonderful also, LOVE the pool.

But a botanical crime was committed! Calling this Calathea-leaved plant a fern! 😱 💀
    bbn8gghiw67b.jpg

Anyone check PTS recently, did they fix the "Fern" naming?

Else, Botanical people and statue/lore people are gonna be real upset with this update, jointly... :D

UPDATE: nope:
    8jt1p4em1902.png

Granted it's not like ESO plants are generally accurate to IRL names or morphology but this one is just... egregious lol. More that players will keep forgetting where to find them because they're not fern-like at all.

Edited by MoonPile on October 3, 2024 8:13PM
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bbn8gghiw67b.jpg

Anyone check PTS recently, did they fix the "Fern" naming?

Else, Botanical people and statue/lore people are gonna be real upset with this update, jointly... :D

UPDATE: nope:
    8jt1p4em1902.png

Granted it's not like ESO plants are generally accurate to IRL names or morphology but this one is just... egregious lol. More that players will keep forgetting where to find them because they're not fern-like at all.

P.S. RE: What are your general thoughts on new houses? –

Honestly haven't looked on PTS yet. I'm not interested in the themes nor what I saw of them in youtube videos so far. But that's ok, different strokes and all that!

I only wish for more open plots like Moonsugar Meadow (every builder has that one, surely its popularity would be motivation to make more like it?) and a Dawnwood / Fyrelight Cave / Hoperoot-style area to build in.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adjusted the furnishings "Imperial Statue, Guard" and "Imperial Statue, Druid" to "Breton Statue, Guard" and "Breton Statue, Druid" respectively.
    thanks for adjusting the statue names
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Lilarna
    Lilarna
    ✭✭✭

I'd like to report that the housing system now has several issues.

Building on PTS feels a bit wonky so to speak, let me explain.

It's no longer possible to right click an item in the item navigation menu, to place it. I have to hit the magnifiying glass, then got click E for Place, to place an object. This feels soooooo slow compared to the right click we had before.

Also there's a delay when you place items now, it feels like it takes some time to place the item.

Also sometimes the item gets placed somewhere elso from where I placed it. Extremely odd.

It feels like some elements were tweaked and it's really not for the best.
    Hoping that this feedback helps to fix this before live.
    Edited by Lilarna on October 7, 2024 8:33PM
    Housing contest: Gold Road Visions. https://discord.gg/us8aU9xQgx
    Lilarna - Wabbajack EU campaign nostalgic
    My Twitch Channel at LiLandChill: https://www.twitch.tv/lilandchill
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for adjusting the statue names. Us breton fans are pleased for the fix.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lilarna wrote: »

I'd like to report that the housing system now has several issues.

Building on PTS feels a bit wonky so to speak, let me explain.

It's no longer possible to right click an item in the item navigation menu, to place it. I have to hit the magnifiying glass, then got click E for Place, to place an object. This feels soooooo slow compared to the right click we had before.

Also there's a delay when you place items now, it feels like it takes some time to place the item.

Also sometimes the item gets placed somewhere elso from where I placed it. Extremely odd.

It feels like some elements were tweaked and it's really not for the best.
    Hoping that this feedback helps to fix this before live.

Hi Lilarna!

That right-click feature was actually added by EHT, which is not working on the latest PTS as you probably found out too! I posted about this feature here, hope they can add it: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/666092/please-add-ehts-right-click-to-place-put-away-to-base-game

(There are also posts on the EHT ESOUI page about it not working. I just checked, no updates :( it would be awful if this goes live and EHT is broken, it has SO MANY features we need.)

Separately...

What about the mis-named plants? :( Nobody's gonna think to look for these in the fern section:
    bbn8gghiw67b.jpg

Edited by MoonPile on October 10, 2024 10:56PM
  • Lilarna
    Lilarna
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Lilarna!

That right-click feature was actually added by EHT, which is not working on the latest PTS as you probably found out too! I posted about this feature here, hope they can add it: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/666092/please-add-ehts-right-click-to-place-put-away-to-base-game

(There are also posts on the EHT ESOUI page about it not working. I just checked, no updates :( it would be awful if this goes live and EHT is broken, it has SO MANY features we need.

Ok, thanks!
    Housing contest: Gold Road Visions. https://discord.gg/us8aU9xQgx
    Lilarna - Wabbajack EU campaign nostalgic
    My Twitch Channel at LiLandChill: https://www.twitch.tv/lilandchill