Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Ring of Mara Transferable to alt Characters?

Phabiusbile
Phabiusbile
✭✭
My questions is this - A friend and I have 2 characters each will we be able to put the ring of Mara in the bank to swap out?

- Character 1 and 2 perform Ceremony using account 1's scroll
- Character 1A and 2A perform Ceremony using account 2's scroll
- 1 and 2 group and get exp bonus. 1A and 2A can group and get exp bonus
- Account 1 will have 2 rings with Character 2 and 2A names on them
- Account 2 will have 2 rings with Character 1 and 1A names on them
- this gives you 4 rings with 4 names

Can Character 1 put their ring in the bank and give it to Character 1A so they can group with Character 2 and get the exp bonus?

meaning the bonus could be used in any of these combinations
- 1-2
- 1-2a
- 1a-2
- 1a-2a

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    One ring to rule them all.

It's an account bound thing, so the two accounts are intertwined forever, and you can move the ring through your bank to your other characters.
  • Phabiusbile
    Phabiusbile
    ✭✭
    @Hawke The ring actually has the character name on it not the account name. We have done the ceremony once.
    Edited by Phabiusbile on April 3, 2014 12:34PM
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    *squints his eyes* Mmmm did you transfer the ring to another character and group with your friend?
  • Phabiusbile
    Phabiusbile
    ✭✭
    I have not tried it yet as I am at work.
    But we will later this evening.
    That is why I was asking we had noticed the actual character names and not the account names on the ring and that they are bound.

His ring has my characters name on it, my ring has his characters name on it.

So our thought is as long as you are grouped with the character named on the ring it will work. Which means if they are bankable we could swap the bonus around.
    Edited by Phabiusbile on April 3, 2014 12:43PM
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I am 98% sure that is how it works. I don't think you have to conduct the "ceremony" again switching the characters.
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    would be nice to get some kind of confrimation from ZOS -_-
    Do they even read these forums?
  • OhGodAGirl
    OhGodAGirl
    Soul Shriven
    Hey Phabiusbile!

The ring is actually character bound: you can read more about the specifics at http://tamrieljournal.com/rings-of-mara-explained/.

The ring can't be placed in the bank, since once you've completed the ritual, it is 'bound'.
  • Phabiusbile
    Phabiusbile
    ✭✭
    The ring can be placed in the bank already did it no longer need an answer for this thread solved...........it is account bound and bound to the character named on the ring to receive a bonus.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what about those of us who have more than one ring in their account?
    idea.gif
  • Halke
    Halke
    ✭✭✭
    A little late on this, but I just wanted to clarify. So I have an alt and my friend doesn't. We tried me switching the ring over and it seems to give neither of us a bonus. Were she to make an alt, and her and I have our alts perform the ceremony, would I then be able to play with her main?