The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gold Spammers & the Starting Zone changes

Sindane
Sindane
✭✭
You know, if you put the starting zones back to the way they should be, the Spammers would actually have to level a bit before they could inundate the cities with their crap.

Which would drastically cut back on the number, I think, as it is a lot more work to get 6 or 8 levels than it is to jump directly from Coldharbour to the mainland.

Yet one more reason that change was poorly thought out, IMHO.
  • tecfall
    tecfall
    It may help with the gold spammers or it may not. Whats to stop them from taking a boat, unless they force you to complete the zone before moving on, to the mainland and spamming.

Also they changed it because of the player demand for an open world. So we kind of brought the gold spammer appocalypse on ourselves >.<
    Options
  • Avorniel
    Avorniel
    ✭✭✭
    all that was needed was to add in a spam filter to counter this,yet again a new mmo does not add in a filter to stop RMT again....wake up please Zenimax ,it is common knowledge RMT will always appear in new sub. based mmo's...
    Sending reports every few minutes is lagging my partner out who is trying to play her online game and now it's causing arguments due to your short sightness...classic :\
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tecfall wrote: »
    Whats to stop them from taking a boat, unless they force you to complete the zone before moving on, to the mainland and spamming.
    That's thew whole point of the OP's suggestion, in beta you HAD to complete a questline in order to leave the start island.

That said, this game is so easy to play and botting is clearly already happening so even forcing RMT to do the questline wouldn't be much of a roadblock.

Options
  • tecfall
    tecfall
    KerinKor wrote: »
    in beta you HAD to complete a questline in order to leave the start island.

Didnt have the time to play the beta so i didnt actually know this haha. Although im sure it wouldnt take them long to get past the zone.

Options
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a gold spammer. I haven't seen that in chat at all. ;-)

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info89-SpamFilter.html
    Options
  • ThommyGunn
    Here's the other thing, I can see these gold spammers already using other peoples accounts to do so. I don't believe they are buying and playing their own. We can use mods already, its so new people are grabbing any mod with a believable description and probably has keylogger or something. Its just a guess, but its happening way too often.

But also as I'm thinking about it, they may only be spamming through early access and free month, since they then can stop, do it could be their accounts. Hmm
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives." ~ William Wallace

Be sure to check out my ESO music Vid and enjoy, more to come;
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=So1KVBx2IPQ
    Options
  • aegis156
    aegis156
    ✭✭
    this is to be expected when you let ZAM anywhere near your game
    Options
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    The community manager, Jessica, replied to my PM yesterday. She said they are working on a post about gold spammers, but it was delayed due to downtime. So hopefully we'll see it in a few days!
    Options
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    ThommyGunn wrote: »
    Here's the other thing, I can see these gold spammers already using other peoples accounts to do so. I don't believe they are buying and playing their own. We can use mods already, its so new people are grabbing any mod with a believable description and probably has keylogger or something. Its just a guess, but its happening way too often.

But also as I'm thinking about it, they may only be spamming through early access and free month, since they then can stop, do it could be their accounts. Hmm

When you pre-order, you don't pay anything, but you still get the 5 day early access code. They are pre ordering, getting early access code, cancelling..rinse and repeat and you eventually have thousands of accounts to spam with.
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surely if an order is cancelled, access would be removed at once, or at least as quickly as possible???
    Options
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. You get the early access code when you preorder, once you get the code, you can cancel the pre order and the code will still work. Do that 100 times and you have many accounts. So there should be a lot less gold spammers once early access is over.
    Options
  • mrvicchiob14_ESO
    The fact that they can spam and hide their names... that's terrible. The fact Zenimax didn't have a plan in freaking place, that's a problem.
    But let's face it folks, there is a market for RMT, and well...
    The real solution here, but I doubt they have the coding set up to track this, would be to ban gold buyers, make a big public display of this reality and dry the market up on the demand side.
    Options