Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

There are 199 treasure maps in the game now…

Lydawobbles
Lydawobbles
✭✭✭✭
Please make them stackable!!!

And this isn’t including any bound CE ones either.

I love doing treasure maps, it’s been one of my favorite things since the beginning of the game. But I’m having to send them off to other accounts just to make room to play the game; filling up alt accounts mails, and then shuffle them back when I have time for them, filling up my main accounts mail.

**not to mention the current bug that you cannot except anything from a mail if it contains a map that you already have in your inventory**

Please consider making them stackable

❤️
Edited by Lydawobbles on July 8, 2024 4:27PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do wish they would stack.

But they're almost all worthless. You're likely better off deleting most of them, because if you ever want a Stonefalls Treasure Map, you can buy one for like 300 gold.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy them 🤷🏻‍♀️
    I’ve liked them since I started playing and several people send me theirs because I like them.

But it’s getting harder to shuffle them around now that there’s so many different ones and they don’t stack.

Sometimes I’ll have 6 copies of say Bleakrock 1, taking up 6 mail slots.
    Edited by Lydawobbles on July 8, 2024 4:39PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just came back to the game and was annoyed that treasure maps still weren't stackable. I enjoy doing them, but having to manage duplicates via the bank and alts is a major PITA.
    The Moot Councillor
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want the dig sites to sparkle like the antiquities dig sites glow when I level up my excavation skills.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. This would be a huge QoL improvement.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason they don't stack was because people were abusing an exploit that duplicated maps/made them usable multiple times per map.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    The reason they don't stack was because people were abusing an exploit that duplicated maps/made them usable multiple times per map.

And they couldn’t just fix the exploit bug? Sounds legit.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

They fixed the survey exploit, I'm sure they can fix treasure maps as well.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it was stated somewhere recently that it is something they are working on. Don't ask me for a source because I really don't recall or have the time to find it lol. But yeah, it might have been in a stream or something....
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes it was stated in the recent reddit q&a

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/s/9zVC5ftXAo

question:
    "Will update 42 include some ways to ease our inventory (e.g. stack treasure maps, a bag for housing items like crafting items with ESO+, mark companion gear for trash ...) and the long-awaited Hybrid Potion/Food?"

answer by Rich Lambert:
    "Not for 42... but there's a bunch of stuff on the backlog in the QoL (quality of life) category. (...and before you ask, yes stackable treasure maps is on the list)"
    Edited by LunaFlora on July 9, 2024 10:15AM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

question:
    "Will update 42 include some ways to ease our inventory (e.g. stack treasure maps, a bag for housing items like crafting items with ESO+, mark companion gear for trash ...) and the long-awaited Hybrid Potion/Food?"

answer by Rich Lambert:
    "Not for 42... but there's a bunch of stuff on the backlog in the QoL (quality of life) category. (...and before you ask, yes stackable treasure maps is on the list)"

I'm just deleting mine now. They don't sell for what they're worth and they're not worth the effort of doing.
    (requirements not met)
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »

question:

answer by Rich Lambert:

I'm just deleting mine now. They don't sell for what they're worth and they're not worth the effort of doing.

you can do that if you want obviously

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    And surveys too.
    On top of this i wish to have a less mindrotting way to complete them. An assistent or furnishing to automatically harvest them would be wonderful.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to the idea like this: Make containers/ bags (whatever they are named) that just takes 1 item slot from the i nventory. This way all unstackable items are in its own location.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »

question:

answer by Rich Lambert:

They actually might be worth keeping if the inks start dropping from treasure chests.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • TwiceBornStar
    TwiceBornStar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if they could just stack; then I could leave them for a while and then just destroy the whole stack instead of having to destroy them one after another all the time.

I mean, the amount of energy and willpower it takes to lift my index-finger alone..

• Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭✭

question:

answer by Rich Lambert:

That is AMAZING news!! I don’t use Reddit much, so I hadn’t seen it. Thank you for the information!

Maybe update 44?! lol
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

question:

answer by Rich Lambert:

That is AMAZING news!! I don’t use Reddit much, so I hadn’t seen it. Thank you for the information!

Maybe update 44?! lol

No, no, no, no, nooooooooooooooo......

You are not thinking big enough! It will be the MAIN feature for the next chapter!!!! But wait, there's more, it will be kept secret until the chapter drops, so that they can build up MASSIVE hype for it by claiming it is a long-wanted feature that is finally coming. But of course, "some" people won't like it and will "moan" that it's not worthy enough to be the "main" feature for a new chapter........some people, I have to shake my head.....
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no of course it won't be a chapter feature.
    it would just be a quality of life improvement that could fit into any quarterly update.

and realistically it would happen later than update 44.
    Sometime next year is likelier at its earliest, but as it was said to be on the backlog it isn't guaranteed to be next year.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish they would stack.

But they're almost all worthless. You're likely better off deleting most of them, because if you ever want a Stonefalls Treasure Map, you can buy one for like 300 gold.

Update 43 PTS notes suggests chests will occasionally have luminous ink so they become slightly more valuable.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

question:

answer by Rich Lambert:

The problem with the "backlog" is that it tends to be the place where things go to die. Not speaking specifically of ZOS, but also not excluding them. A company that allows the backlog to continually grow eventually realizes that their backlog is larger than they will ever be able to implement. It becomes a graveyard.

The QoL backlog didn't go down very much with Update 43. This does not really paint an optimistic picture, given that they have a ton of QoL work to do on console just to bring them out of the stone age. They really need to focus some attention on bringing QoL to existing systems, including base game, and be solidly whittling away at this every single update.

Personally, I think there are a dozen QoL items that should have come before "housing tours", or at least at the same time. Stackable treasure maps is one of them.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus