The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Chat UI Gold Seller Spam Issue.

Turelus
Turelus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have done a /bug on this as well but I wanted to get some attention for it because it's probably one of the most irritating issues I have found so far.

When people are spamming chat (most often the case is a gold seller) if the type text is long enough you can't actually see the players name. When attempting to scroll up to see the name the chat will jump to the previous people speaking instead of a smooth scroll through all the text in the box.

The only way around this to find who's spamming and ignore/report them is to go into the social options for the game and set the chat font size to 10 or lower.

Finally I would like to suggest that ESO take on a feature much like the one used in EVE Online where players can police the chat against gold sellers.
This is done by giving the players a "report as gold seller" option in the right click menu for a players name in chat.
When this option is selected it global mutes the player (meaning no one sees their chat messages) and sends a report notification to GM's.

The normal reasoning against this is "it will be abused to harass people" but from my experience in EVE Online (and notoriously harsh game) no one does this because of the threat of an account ban for abuse of the system.
If you want to avoid accidental use add a "You are about to report @guysnamehere as a gold seller do you wish to continue?"

The advantage of this system is you only need one player who doesn't like gold selling to see a gold seller and shut down that character meaning those who may have been temped no longer see the advertisements.

*Edit for some typos and clearing up text.
Edited by Turelus on April 3, 2014 9:11AM
@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."