Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Three Questions

MaxBat
MaxBat
✭✭✭
Three quick questions:

Question 1: How long does it take to respawn iron ore, wood (node harvesting) and those locked treasure chests? They disappear, I know, after some harvests them - and there are people everywhere tonight.

Question 2: I've created a crafting character. As we know, inspiration doesn't contribute to leveling up so if you plan the character to do just crafting, how do you level them up? I'm guessing "same as always" but if your pumping all your skill points into crafting, this character isn't going to live long ...

Question 3: When my crafting character goes to an anvil, they cannot deconstruct armor. I'm trying to find resources anywhere I can ...

Question 4: Can someone please explain research to me? How does it work? Is it worth it? Do you have camp for hours??

Thanks, MB
"Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    1: i think they respawn pretty much straight away but in a different location.
    2: i did the same, sorry gotta level them up just like your main character, still invest a few points into offensive/defensive skills as you can get plenty of skill points in game, enough to max crafter skills and then some.
    3: do you have armor in your bank or inventory? did you click the armor tab? if yes to both it may be bugged
    4: if you have an item with a researchable trait in inventory/bank you can research that skill at a crafting table, yes its worth it as you can then put that trait on another weapon/item, research takes so many hours real time, i would just go and play main until its finished.

i hope this helps :)

And that was 4 questions btw ;p
    Edited by Tiyamel on April 3, 2014 6:41AM
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    1, These things don't just respawn to my knowledge, it seems more like they go away, and spawn somewhere else in a revolving fashion. Eventually the resource will get back to that spot you found it previously, however I don't think there is a set time. Could be wrong, but this seems more likely for treasure chests, maybe not so much for resources.

2. You pretty much can't pump all your skill points into crafting, you can however get a few basic combat skills, and if you're a pretty good player, these should be enough to get you a long way and get plenty of points for crafting.

3. Not sure I understand this question, Any character can deconstruct any gear, as long as they're at the correlating crafting station.

4. Research basically works like this: You go out in the world and find some gear. These gears have traits on them (Precise, Infused, Powered, Sturdy, etc). You can then take the gear to the correlating crafting station, let's say heavy armor to make this easy. You then take it to the blacksmithing crafting station and go to the research tab, it will be the last tab in the black smith UI. At this point you will use the scrolling mechanism of the UI to find which type of gear yours is (Waist/Shoulder/Chest, etc), then you will select it and choose to sacrifice the gear for research purposes, it will then be lost forever, and it will take 6 hours to complete.

The more you research in any one type of gear will cause the research to get longer and longer time wise. Doubling every time. In this manner, research takes a lot of time, and rewards those that puts time in their craft, by allowing them to craft special set gears that require a certain amount of research.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    Xionar wrote:
    3. Not sure I understand this question, Any character can deconstruct any gear, as long as they're at the correlating crafting station.

I think the OP wasn't seeing the armour tab. Which, if you're new to the craft system, is fairly easy to do. I had to, in beta, re-read the crafting tuts thrice before seeing the tabs hehehe.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteQueen wrote: »
    I think the OP wasn't seeing the armour tab. Which, if you're new to the craft system, is fairly easy to do. I had to, in beta, re-read the crafting tuts thrice before seeing the tabs hehehe.

Ah that could be, I never really had that issue in beta or pts, and it is much more noticeable now than it used to be.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple things to mention about research what was not said here and might confuse people.

- No you do not need to camp the research screen for it to finish you can go adventuring meanwhile.
    - The time runs even when you are not in the game, so put stuff to research in the morning before work or school and come back in the evening to play and find the research is finished.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Cabot
    Cabot
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteQueen wrote: »
    Xionar wrote:

Yeah, it is an easy mistake to make. I still find myself forgetting especially with woodworking, I'll breakdown all my bow and staff items, and run off to do something else. Later while looking in my inventory I will see I still have 3 wooden shields I forgot to deconstruct. (I think shields are the only wooden armor item).
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I missed the seeing the armor/shield tabs entirely. Thanks for this.

So the more research you do, the longer it takes? So what traits is best to start with? Or do you have a choice?
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on August 28, 2016 2:17PM