Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official Discussion Thread for "Diamond Anniversary Crate"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
6di0szobnmq9.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Celebrate ESO In Style With The Diamond Anniversary Crown Crate"

"Find the finery and fashion appropriate to the ongoing celebrations with the items and collectibles found in the new Diamond Anniversary Crown Crates."

Here's a full list of all the rewards contained in the Diamond Anniversary Crate:

Radiant Apex Rewards:
  • Shackled Titan
  • Worm Cultist Senche-raht
  • Tharn's Lucent Revelry Senche

Apex Rewards:
  • Sai-Sahan's Revelry Ursine
  • Varen's Revelry Courser
  • Titanborn's Revelry Wolf
  • Nightmare Pillion Courser
  • Skin of the Anchorite
  • Molag Bal Illusion

Legendary Rewards:
  • Piebald Camel
  • Alavelis Ringed Guar
  • Sandsquall Durzog
  • Crown Crafting Motif 62: Sapiarch Style
  • Crown Crafting Motif 80: Shield of Senchal Style
  • Queen Ayrenn's Diamond Gown
  • Prince Irnskar's Gala Regalia
  • King Emeric's Diamond Regalia
  • Companion Revelry Sword
  • Companion Revelry Staff
  • Companion Revelry Shield
  • Companion Revelry Bow
  • Companion Revelry Maul
  • Dark Anchor Gateway
  • Five Companions Tome
  • Anchorite's Carved Bone
  • Bone Harvest

Epic Rewards:
  • Chorrol Retriever
  • Companion Revelry Tomeshell
  • Mistral Thunderbug
  • Meownimarco
  • Coldharbour Ocular Observer
  • Sotha Sil Novelty Mask
  • Red Diamond Earrings
  • Queen Ayrenn's Aldmeri Circlet
  • Molag Bal Masquerade
  • Golden Eye Gaze
  • Fabulous Diamond Eyes
  • Boralis Wolf Pelt
  • Titanborn's Tresses
  • Celebratory Dance
  • I Shall Remember This!
  • Coldharbour Sentinel
  • Revelry Sparkles

Superior Rewards:
  • Companion Revelry Pauldrons
  • Companion Revelry Gauntlets
  • Companion Revelry Sabatons
  • Companion Revelry Helm
  • Companion Revelry Greaves
  • Companion Revelry Cuirass
  • Body Art of the Five Companions
  • Face Art of the Five Companions
  • Soulburst Body Soulmarkings
  • Soulburst Face Soulmarkings
  • Apple Intimidation
  • Teeba Dribble
  • Thorn Gecko
  • Winterhold Chestnut Pony
  • Mead-Dancer Honeybee
  • Cream and Coffee Sheep
  • Strid River Crab
  • Twilight Bantam Guar
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on July 30, 2024 1:37PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annnnnd there goes all my seals and gems.... Those damned costumes looks so nice.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow amazing!
    i love these crates. can't wait to see all those items in-game
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, uh... Are there any differently-themed recall actions coming anytime soon?

We're now at 3 Coldharbour-themed recall actions and 2 cursed object-themed recall actions. I'd love to see something that looks magical (without being evil) and also intentional.

Other than that, some of those mementos and/or emotes have some intriguing names. And I have a feeling I won't be able to resist the Red Diamond Earrings.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im glad i been stockpiling the seals because theres a lot i want from here lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the wolf pelt skin goes over the tails of Khajiits.

There's a lot here that would be nice to have.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MEOWNIMARCO???

Lord Sithis, ZOS is thirsty for our money... 😍🤣
    Edited by BoloBoffin on June 17, 2024 10:03PM
    Been there, got the Molag Bal polymorph.
  • birdnipple
    birdnipple
    Soul Shriven
    >Apple Intimidation
    that's why steve jobs used to dress like that

if i ask nicely, will you guys release this with a crown sale so i can afford more crates? o:)
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the diamond eyes from the free crate we got the other week.

2xu39bdnib4n.png

V nice.
  • sunsrest
    sunsrest
    ✭✭✭
    Will have to see how things look in-game but right now thinking about Coldharbour Ocular Observer, Fabulous Diamond Eyes, and/or Alavelis Ringed Guar for seals. Probably saving my gems for future or other returning crates.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we really down to only three Crate themed mounts in the Apex tier now? :/

We've had the Apex Camels axed for nearly three years, the odd Apex Horse/Guar/Bear have been axed here and there, and now this Crate's themed Senche has been axed from the Apex tier and bumped up to the Radiant tier? (It still even has the same naming convention of the other themed Apex mounts..)

Why is the Apex tier continuing to get bloated with random skins, polymorphs, costumes, and now also random unrelated mounts?? :(

----

PS Bring back Apex Camels. 🐪✨
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    JUSTICE FOR APEX CAMELS 🐪✨ Bring 'em back!
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ 🏹 EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🛡️ EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (Tank)
    • 👁️ 🏹 EP - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 🛡️ EP - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamNecro (Tank)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes:
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Zachary_Shadow
    Zachary_Shadow
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of nice additions to be excited about! Probably going to be the first 25+ bundle I buy just because of that recall.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool that they have a random drop Diamond Loot Crate and even get their customers to pay for it.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • belfong
    belfong
    ✭✭
    That Coldharbour Recall is so, so sweet!
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the Molag Bal polymorph. Straight up just turns characters into a spitting image of a Daedric prince.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of relatively affordable items I want from the purple tier this time, which is nice to see.

I'm glad Queen Ayrenn's costume is legendary. I was afraid they would make it apex, which would be out of my price range.

I'm also confused about Tharn's Revelry Senche being a radiant apex instead of in the same tier as the other crate-themed mounts. Does it have some extra animation the others don't have or something?

I'm definitely looking forward to checking these items out in-game on Thursday!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is frankly one of the worst seasons I've seen.

The apex tier is just getting worse and worse with less apex mounts and all of these furnitures is just bad in general for crates.

But worst of all is the cosmetics themselves with Elder Scrolls/ESO's style consistency really starting to vanish. Things are starting to look so unimmersive, lore unfitting and straight out cheap and gaudy (and not in a purposeful way like a Nibenese).

Molag Bal polymorph? Does it come with constant crime act? Or will npcs run away or attack you constantly?
    Not as severe but just as tasteless is the Molag Bal masqerade mask. Imagine wearing these things in Tamriel who has and is still suffering from the Planemeld. So many lives lost and tormented.

The Companion revelery mounts, armour weapon styles? There is the cheap, tacky gaudiness.

A lot is feeling gimmicky and tacky.
    Instead of getting some nice earrings like we see on npcs like Azandar, have some thick, bright gold plastic looking things.
    Instead of nice normal looking make up, have more eye changing stuff.
    Instead of realistic looking tattoos and body paint with actual lore ties or just realistic tattoo design, have the weirdest choices in body and face markings.
    Instead of immersive skins we want like maormer, hide vampirism, and other existing things, we get the most obnoxious eyesores of colour vomit there is. We need more skins like Do'Krin Ascetic's Henna.
    Instead of polymorphs of existing creatures like hags, nareids, fauns and many other things, look like the daedric prince Molag Bal or some weird unheard of creature.
    Don't get me started on the headache.migraine, and eye pain causing radiant mounts and recalls.

Also, just a single hairstyle, that already looks similar to one we have. Like hairstyles is one of the most popular cosmetics in games. Also no facial hair.

ESO's cosmetics haven't been that great in quite some time, but lately it feels like it's somehow getting even worse and it's quite disheartening. I've liked Elder Scrolls for its high magic/fantasy that was yet somehow down to earth (so to speak) and not too extreme.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on June 21, 2024 2:40PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Artem_gig
    Artem_gig
    ✭✭
    This is the best crate! Thank you so much ZOS! I've been dreaming about a group mount for a long time, and at the same time it's also a fire horse! I love you, ZOS!
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Also, just a single hairstyle, that already looks similar to one we have. Like hairstyles is one of the most popular cosmetics in games. Also no facial hair.

I think this is the first crate I'll get nothing out of. I like the diamond eyes but I just don't see when I'd use that, my characters are lore-friendly.

But on the note about the hairstyle can I just mention that yet again Argonians get a joke hairstyle? Beautiful braid but Argonians get a literal rat tail which doesn’t even make sense. Can you even braid feathers like that? Why would an Argonian only have feathers there? Argonians aren’t jokes.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

I think this is the first crate I'll get nothing out of. I like the diamond eyes but I just don't see when I'd use that, my characters are lore-friendly.

But on the note about the hairstyle can I just mention that yet again Argonians get a joke hairstyle? Beautiful braid but Argonians get a literal rat tail which doesn’t even make sense. Can you even braid feathers like that? Why would an Argonian only have feathers there? Argonians aren’t jokes.

Same. At least we will be saving money, gems and endeavors?
    Also, that's another thing that's going on my nerves with cosmetics lately. Argonians, who happen to be one of my favourite races, keeps getting the short stick. Every new hairstyle is a joke on argonians with massive bald spots or very uncreative and simple. Even hats and adorments cosmetics seems to have barely any quality check on them.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actual crates are pure garbage still, i got the bundle purely for the recall animation, but opening 25 crates yielded basically nothing i actually cared about, and more than 50% of them had literally straight up useless garbage in them (all consumables that immediately get gemmed)

ended up spending some of those gems on an item i actually wanted (dolmen replica furnishing), and seals of endeavor (on the molag bal poly) to actually get what i wanted

if i could have gotten the recall animation without the crates, i would have done so
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not my cup of tea.
    Vaguely Imperial stuff with gold is kinda boring to me at this point.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am disappointed by the all the Molag Bal themed stuff this year. In contrast, the event rewards in the Deadlands theme year were just right, IMO, including one of the best personalities in Deadlands Firewalker. I realize that many of the equivalent were already released in relation to Coldharbour — including the surreal estate and various soul-shriven skins.

Thus, for the anniversary crates, I think that including a variety of themes from over the years, as with this year’s mini event / celebrations, would have been better than so much focused on Coldharbour. Regarding the year’s event fragment collectible, I would have much preferred a theme around Apocrypha or Mirrormoor.

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be Coldharbour-themed stuff, just that 1) there was a lot already, and 2) the nature of it seems more like celebrating Molag Bal. Seeing mini versions of him running around was bad enough but now a polymorph? Really?

(Edited for clarity)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on June 22, 2024 1:36AM
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has been acknowledged elsewhere but I hope this gets fixed before these crates are removed:

BUG: Revelry Sparkles
    If you watch them for several seconds, the whole thing flashes. Looks like the animation was not looped properly, some frames disappear.

5wdl2r3v3lua.png

This would have been a useful housing item to get several of for gold. But at 40 gems / 2000 endeavors it's already too expensive to get more than a couple. With the glitch on top of that... it's a shame to see broken items for these already-bad prices.
  • Techwolf_Lupindo
    Techwolf_Lupindo
    ✭✭✭
    How long will these crates be available?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long will these crates be available?

likely till late September.
    q3 crates usually release near the 20th of September
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't end up going for the earrings, but I did pick up Ayrenn's dress. Gorgeous.

I also took a closer look at the dark anchor recall action, and I noticed that it also has a unique "teleporting in" animation. I'm not sure if the last one had that, but it actually made me consider picking it up.

Almost.

I'm still going to hold out for a more respectable mage recall action (perhaps Psijic themed? Eh? Ehhh?) and hope that it also has a unique "teleporting in" animation.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it is in a crate, but the "Dancing" emote looked extremely stupid. I wonder who thought that would be compelling?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • dehkiller
    dehkiller
    Soul Shriven
    I really liked the items in this new crate. However, I think it would be interesting if the full summoning effect of the "Shackled Titan" mount were unlocked just by acquiring the polymorph, without needing to have it activated. I, for example, rarely use these polymorphs, and it is frustrating not to have all the effects active on such a difficult-to-obtain mount unless I equip the polymorph. It would be great if there were a way to activate all the effects just by having the polymorph unlocked.
  • gwenthebard
    gwenthebard
    ✭✭
    Definitely chose the right time to take an in game break. My sensitivity to the blue used in coldhabor would make playing when everyone uses that recall a nightmare.

The Book of the Companions though is SO GOOD. Glad I saved my gems up for it.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely chose the right time to take an in game break. My sensitivity to the blue used in coldhabor would make playing when everyone uses that recall a nightmare.

The Book of the Companions though is SO GOOD. Glad I saved my gems up for it.

The Book of the Champions?
    PC
    PS4/PS5