Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Calling it now: Torc of the Last Ayleid King is going to be overused in PvP

• MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this and for my Stamden I saw zero difference other than I was a bit more tanky, but not by much.

I use this on my WW Templar as it dramatically provides major damage bonuses. Weapon/Spell damage is over 7.5k, the damage resistance is helpful as a WW, etc…haven’t tried this build since Gold Road update. With this equipped Templar actually was serviceable in pvp. I not only could stand my ground but can also do damage.

• TDVM
    TDVM
    ✭✭✭✭
    In fact it's useless in both pve and pvp, except it was useful in cyro non cp non proc, but it just doesn't work there.
    It simply won't be useful in the current meta because any proc build will be stronger. Besides, this mythic was added a long time ago. Few people used this mythic after it came out, and few people will use it now.
    Stat builds are dead, and this mythic in the current balance remains useless.
    Also, don't forget that it disables all set bonuses, so it doesn't look as strong as the author of this post described it.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TDVM wrote: »
    In fact it's useless in both pve and pvp, except it was useful in cyro non cp non proc, but it just doesn't work there.
    It simply won't be useful in the current meta because any proc build will be stronger. Besides, this mythic was added a long time ago. Few people used this mythic after it came out, and few people will use it now.
    Also, don't forget that it disables all set bonuses, so it doesn't look as strong as the author of this post described it.

I don't agree that it's useless. It's a set that can be equipped at any point and allow you the power to kill people in PVP. It's not grossly overpowered to where everyone in PVP should always run it, but its just strong enough to where you can be guaranteed to have a decent pvp experience.

It's a lot better than golding out the new meta set just for it to be nerfed in 2-4 weeks, since this set is not likely to be nerfed. This set can comfortably be used without having to worry about regards of it getting nuked in PTS.

The only real reason few people use this mythic like you say is because the lead drops are painfully low, I wanted this mythic and never got it because the drops were too bad even after a week of farming I saw no lead drop. If it was more accessible, more people would use it.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think its kind of nice and easy; but when I do stat sets; its really close but in my case, I typically like run wild hunt and that is then missing. I think it kind of hits a sweet spot, really to where you could make a choice and be serviceable just with this; but you could push more speed and proc damage going another route
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    It is definitely viable but not OP.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TDVM wrote: »

this mythic is not all that old, it was added only about 4 months ago with the Q1 update, the only newer mythics are the ones added with gold road
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Just_Attivi
    Just_Attivi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing with this mythic since like the 2nd week it came out ( i was one of the lucky ones who got 4 of 5 leads in like, 2 hours, and then the last lead after 16 hours >.<), and my thoughts are:

Personally, I love this mythic. I tend to try to run a different class as my 'main' each campaign, so for a 'i dont know what im doing with this class, let me try this" approach to building a character, its flexibility and raw stats are amazing. once im proficient with a class/fine tuned my sustain and armor weights and such while using the torc, Ive only lost a small handful of 1v1s though sometimes against proficient players i do end up stalemating after a few minutes, and even outnumbered, if I get the fight on terrain that suits my build I can usually win the day. I played this a TON on my templar, DK and NB, and a decent amount on my Sorc, Warden, and very minimally on my arc. My necro was level 49 when they nerfed harmony and now just holds my beer.

Its biggest weaknesses are:
    1- lack of pen, you NEED to fit this or a pen alternative (corrosive, Onslaught, force of nature CP, sharpness, maces/mauls) into your build.
    2- Crit. youll probably cap out at like 30% chance tops unless you heavily invest in light armor/thief mundus/dual daggers. I find it best to just not worry about crit too much on Torc Builds, it takes too much investment, play into the strengths of the torc instead. most of my builds are ~22-26% crit chance with major sorc/sav
    3-Burst- your raw stats are amazing, like, AMAZING (reaching 8k spell damage solo on my templar? nearly 40k vigor tooltips... 10k+ spell damage in small groups of 2-3... its silly) but your burst is only your skills. some classes have no issue (NB, Sorc, DK for me personally, no problem, Warden probably but Im terrible with deep fissure, and ofc any class against squishies will be fine) but others really shine with the timed burst of item sets. and generally speaking, any properly built set up will have much better peak burst damage against proficient opponents.

That said, for either learning a class, or having a casual no thought set up, recycling old gear because youre tired of changing sets constantly, or something that can just easily fit into any group or hold its own solo, its great, the defense, sustain and healing are tremendous on it, so if you slip up or hit the wrong skill on a new-to-you class, its not the end of the world. Is it the best mythic? situationally, yes, but generally no, though its not far off, but you could pretty decently replicate its efficacy with wretched/rallying/balorgh and some gear trait juggling.

TL;DR- would I grind 18 hours for it again: yes. Would I grind the months that some people have suffered and still not gotten it? no.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hardly overused, players still can't even agree if it's good. I'm not seeing it with the low crit stats and lack of utility. My Plar friend who tried it said he could hit 10k spell damage but felt the lack of other build elements.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had never given it another thought until testing in my house today, even though I basically run a stat-based magblade in PvP. My normal build is:

5x Soulcleaver
    5x Wyrd Tree back bar
    Sharpened Vateshran lightning staff front bar
    1x Skoria (pen)
    1x Esoteric Greaves
    Hissmir Fisheye Rye

With the Torc, the equivalent food would be Witchmother's; I could only afford my very low health with the Greaves. I would retain the Atro mundus, due to how cloak sustain works.

Positives:
    • As per tooltips: Negligibly higher damage (2%) and healing with Siphoning skills, e.g. Swallow Soul, Sap Essence, Shrewd Offering. Noticeably higher damage (15%) with Merciless, Impale and Incap.
    • 15% always on mitigation.
    • 2.7K more health.
    • 2.5K more magicka.
    • 9% more magicka recovery.
    • Slightly better ultigen.
    Neutral:
    • Same crit.
    • Same stamina sustain. (I would always run that amount, if not for the Greaves, then for dodge rolls).
    Negatives:
    • 2.6K less penetration.
    • Lacking cleanse from Wyrd.
    • Lacking Vateshran destro proc.
    • Lacking 50% gank/burst protection from Esoteric Greaves.
    • Higher cost of Siphoning skills.
    Taking penetration into account, e.g. testing on a normal skeleton, we have:

Siphoning skills: -4% damage
    Non-siphoning skills: +13.5% damage

Compared to my regular build, this may be equally viable.
    Edited by fred4 on July 16, 2024 11:01AM
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been testing Torc over a month now, almost two. Torc works best with heavy chest, medium head, shoulders, legs and boots. Rounding out the gear is light gloves and belt. Gear enhancements should all be tri stat. To get as much pen and damage/crit out of the build I recommend dw with nihorn on main weapon with a sharpened sword for more dmg or dagger for more crit. Depending how you enchant your jewelry your food options will vary.

Now here what I learned, proc sets are better dmg wise and help with kills. However, torc provides better dmg reduction keeping you in the fight longer.

IMO if you don’t want to grind for gear on a new character but have unused gear in your bank torc is great to help you get a character stats ready for pvp.

I found it most useful on my Sorc, NB, warden, and DK. The NB had the best results due to its high burst potential. Sorc was second. Warden and DK were tied. I found Templar was below the other classes with this mythic just because their burst potential is not as effective as the other classes. Haven’t tested it on an Arcanist.

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ayleid builds' low crit ironically makes them more RNG luck reliant than proc builds, despite being pure stat.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't managed to get a single lead for this mythic. Real engaging gameplay ZOS.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't managed to get a single lead for this mythic. Real engaging gameplay ZOS.

I find the seducer mythic is way better than torc.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been farming IA for several weeks on my Stamcro. Unlocked almost every Necro IA set slot, and have been getting weapon drops for other classes, to give you an idea how much time I'm spending in there.

I'm at 4 out of 5 leads so far for the Torc.

It's been awful TBH.
    PC | NA | CP 2.3k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO if you don’t want to grind for gear on a new character but have unused gear in your bank torc is great to help you get a character stats ready for pvp.

My point exactly.

Ayleid Torc is never, and should never be, a best in slot or meta build.

However if you either don't want to invest in new sets, or theorycrafting, then just putting this mythic on is a guaranteed decent build.
    PC EU > You
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My point exactly.

Ayleid Torc is never, and should never be, a best in slot or meta build.

However if you either don't want to invest in new sets, or theorycrafting, then just putting this mythic on is a guaranteed decent build.

Or if you want to play a melee Templar. Unfortunately it’s the best option for melee based Templar atm. The additional dmg resistance really helps.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was grinding IA to get archive currency to buy the scripts for all my characters and I got all 5 leads in about 15 runs (Usually just do the first 3 arcs).

However, I haven't tried it yet. It seems it wont beat customized builds. Might throw it on my Necro, since Necro is so bad it doesnt matter what they wear!
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's decent, and competitive in PVP. A good item that allows you to play any character without having to set them up.

Problems with a Torc build.
    Lack of Crit
    Lack of Crit damage
    Lack of Pen
    Lack of stats
    Lack of Heroism
    Lack of Proc damage
    Lack Major buffs

Positives
    Huge regen a little less then Wretched
    High Weapon damage more then 2 weapon damage sets
    High mitigation ( this could be more important next patch)
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables