Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

I was ready to come back and give gold road a try :D

AliasRed
AliasRed
✭✭✭✭
Tried to purchase gold road deluxe edition and resub my ESO+ but apparently Zenimax don't want or need my money :open_mouth:
Major EU bank card not useable apparently, 3 weeks and counting.

Oh well, guess things haven't improved much round here with regards to communication regarding major player issues.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the same issue.

Only Pay Pal works.
    From Croatia.

Zo$ at it's finest.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is reasonable. You should expect to be using Pay Pal on most all purchases in a foreign country. Blizzard recently had to change buying because of so much cc theft from certain countries. I know ZOS had an issue in the past with players from certain countries using stolen cc's and selling crowns and/or abusing the exchange rate (crowns are cheaper in some countries).

I do some business with foreign countries and I would not even CONSIDER using anything but Pay Pal or an escrow. And game purchases are really too small for escrow. You only have recourse on certain types of cards in foreign transactions and on some cards NO resourse. And ZOS is US based. So it would be too much exclusion and exceptions to use anything other than Pay Pal.

There is no reason for you not to have Pay Pal.
    Edited by darvaria on June 5, 2024 8:15PM
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using PayPal is actually safer.
  • LostScot
    LostScot
    ✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    Using PayPal is actually safer.

Using my bank is safest. As soon as a middle man is introduced, the scope for data exposure is increased significantly.

I'll repeat what others have said - apparently Zenimax don't want our money. They turned off the ability to pay by card for the majority of European banks at the start of May and decided not to tell any customers about it.
    darvaria wrote: »
    There is no reason for you not to have Pay Pal.

Why should Europeans fund a North American finance operation?

And why is it that Square Enix who also use the same acquirer as Zenimax are still supporting regional payments in localised currencies on their Worldline Global subscription? The logic regarding it being too much hassle to manage is a fallacy, and I say this with direct involvement with the payment processing industry.
    Edited by LostScot on June 5, 2024 8:49PM
    Craftaholics Guild, established 30th March 2014.

What do we want? Our anniversary goblets and Alfiqi plushies!
    When do we want them? Back in April 2024 when we expected to receive them!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just to follow up here. We did not turn off the ability to use certain cards. We are working through a tech issue with the vendor responsible for those transactions to get this resolved. This has been an ongoing process and we hope to have it resolved soon. For now, we advise if you have another form of payment to use that, or to wait until we have the issue resolved. We have noted in a few other threads on this topic that we are working through this tech issue as well.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LostScot
    LostScot
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just to follow up here. We did not turn off the ability to use certain cards. We are working through a tech issue with the vendor responsible for those transactions to get this resolved. This has been an ongoing process and we hope to have it resolved soon. For now, we advise if you have another form of payment to use that, or to wait until we have the issue resolved. We have noted in a few other threads on this topic that we are working through this tech issue as well.

Kevin, thank you for finally proffering some actual insight into this.

While it is not my intention to contradict you, I believe you should check with the persons who have provided you with the explanation that it is a tech issue. It is not. It is a configuration issue with Zenimax's Worldline Global subscription. I am more than happy to join a conference call with Zenimax along with my account manager from Worldline Global who will be able to confirm this and provide guidance on how to quickly change the subscription settings using the customer portal.

• AliasRed
    AliasRed
    ✭✭✭✭
    So is CC theft not a thing anywhere other than EU (I find it hard to believe that's not a worldwide thing)? And what about EU users who use Debit cards instead of Credit cards, are they being abused also?

If it is the case that Zeni/ZOS no longer wish to accept EU bank cards why not come right out and say it rather than vague "we are investigating, we hope to have this resolved soon" statements? edited after ZOS_Kevin confirming payments have not been turned off.

As LostScot points out using paypal increases the risks of data exposure, apart from it being another in the endless list of unique log in credentials we have to remember just to conduct a simple transaction!

Yet again it seems the EU playerbase is treated like the redheaded stepchild by a company that whilst based in the US is supposed to be a global player in the gaming world.
    Edited by AliasRed on June 5, 2024 9:23PM
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AliasRed wrote: »
    Tried to purchase gold road deluxe edition and resub my ESO+ but apparently Zenimax don't want or need my money :open_mouth:
    Major EU bank card not useable apparently, 3 weeks and counting.

Oh well, guess things haven't improved much round here with regards to communication regarding major player issues.

Sometimes things that seem like a problem at first turn out to be a blessing.

Check out what other posters have to say about the new content. ;)
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    LostScot wrote: »
    Kevin, thank you for finally proffering some actual insight into this.

While it is not my intention to contradict you, I believe you should check with the persons who have provided you with the explanation that it is a tech issue. It is not. It is a configuration issue with Zenimax's Worldline Global subscription. I am more than happy to join a conference call with Zenimax along with my account manager from Worldline Global who will be able to confirm this and provide guidance on how to quickly change the subscription settings using the customer portal.

We've been in contact with Worldline to work toward a solution. There seems to be a tech issue (specifics are above my paygrade) that we are working out with Worldline to get things operating again.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on June 5, 2024 9:42PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LostScot
    LostScot
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We've been in contact with Worldline to work toward a solution. There seems to be a tech issue (specifics are above my paygrade) that we are working out with Worldline to get things operating again.

Thank you, this is promising and I really do appreciate the insight demonstrating that Zenimax is actively working with the vendor to resolve the matter.

I can only speak for myself when I express frustration at how Zenimax has been dealing with some issues lately, and how that frustration is purely derived from a lack of communication. Acknowledgement of where an issue lies, and providing a glimmer of insight as to the steps already underway to achieve a solution are greatly appreciated. The helpdesk article that was released when the issue was first reported lacked the clarity that your 2 posts in this topic have helped achieve.