Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Let me beam to a wayshrine that I have an alt at!

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Assume my "crew of alts" know each other. Let me beam to where one is, even if I don't know that wayshrine.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 23, 2024 8:18PM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, when a character logs out then he isn't there for another one to port to.

What you're effectively asking for is a sort of crazy mixed up cross between porting to another player and having wayshrines account-wide. I can't see how or why it would work, or why ZOS would ever consider loading in data from all our characters all but one of whom aren't actually in the game world, not least given the database and performance issues they're trying to resolve by removing stuff from the game, not adding stuff to it.
    Options
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭
    Assume my "crew of alts" know each other. Let me beam to where one is, even if I don't know that wayshrine.

Cowards Gear + Fjord's = Dorothy's Silver boots.
    A practical alternative to your outrageous, time-saving request.

Keep a set of high damage kit to swap out with the Fjord's.
    PC EU
    UTC+10:00
    Tin-can-and-string internet

Ald Chimeris
    Options
  • Elyu
    Elyu
    ✭✭✭
    No need, this function already (kind of) exists in game.

Start an alt, get the free house in Rimmen in Northen Elsewhere.

You can port to it for free from anywhere in Tamriel and it's right next to a wayshrine = free travel.

As for unlocking new regions - the caravan / boat system allows you to quickly access all regions of the game without having to travel there on foot/mount.
    A couple of clicking of buttons and load screens later and you have all regions of Tamriel available to port to.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do the same thing with the freebie in Vulkel guard.

Very convenient to thew wayshrine.

I think the OP is trying to get wayshrines opened on his Main without having to actually go there with the Main. Just send the Alt and port to it.

IMHO ... traveling to the wayshrines is part of the game.

:#
    Options
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as the game is concerned, once you've logged out of that alt it no longer sees it. So there is nothing there for you to port to. You're asking the game to recognize where logged out characters are. There's no longer any connection for that character ergo for the game it is no longer currently in existence... ergo, nothing to port to.

I'm not a dev or anything but it would seem to me that would create a huge load on the server, IF it were even possible.

Doesn't take long to hoof it almost anywhere, plus your other character picks up locations and stuff along the way.
    Or ask in zone if someone can give you a port.
    Options
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

I think the OP is trying to get wayshrines opened on his Main without having to actually go there with the Main. Just send the Alt and port to it.

IMHO ... traveling to the wayshrines is part of the game.

:#

Exactly.

Options
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an account-wide map. Makes sense
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flopsy, this game is probably ideal for you, maybe check it out: http://progressquest.com/
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malyore wrote: »
    Just an account-wide map. Makes sense

I don’t want that. You get XP on new toons for discovering stuff like wayshrines and points of interest on your alts.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I last made new characters with the arcanists, I traveled to people in my guilds. This opened up a lot of wayshrines.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can't port to a character that isn't online.
    PCNA
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Of course we can't now. I was asking for ZOS to add that feature.

I recall reading that even WoW was realizing that making players find their equivalent to wayshrines on ever character is silly.

But I am not looking even for that, just a way to "fit the lore" that I can go to where one of my "friends" (an alt on my account). Pretending they don't know each other at all is not logical.

As to the XP argument, you could skip this feature, though it is minimal and leveling a character makes it impossible to not get to max level without lots of things left to do.

And now, some wayshrines are quite distant, like the one in the far middle right of Vvardenfel (sp?) as I noted.

Not unacceptable, but it would still be a nice feature for at least some, though I am sure others will passionately against it.

And no, I don't want another game. I want this one to have more reasonable QoL.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems more time consuming to travel to a wayshrine that our alt needs to know, then log that character off, then log the alt on, then have the alt port to that character... although I don't know how because we can't choose a character that isn't online... than it would be to just port to a friend or someone from our guild roster.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 23, 2024 5:26AM
    PCNA
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems more time consuming to travel to a wayshrine that our alt needs to know, then log that character off, then log the alt on, then have the alt port to that character... although I don't know how because we can't choose a character that isn't online... than it would be to just port to a friend or someone from our guild roster.

That would be nice too, especially since we can see a list of guild members, but can't sort it by destination and those who are online. Quite a pain finding a guildmate in that case, except with the BeamMeUp addon on the PC.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭
    snip

That would be nice too, especially since we can see a list of guild members, but can't sort it by destination and those who are online. Quite a pain finding a guildmate in that case, except with the BeamMeUp addon on the PC.

There's an checkbox for 'online only' in case you missed that. It will remove offline players from the display.

My approach to this on new alts, is to spend a bit of time when starting out, using the guild roster(s) to travel to every player's location to add the wayshrine. This also adds to some XP for the discovery, although for some wayshrines, you need to move off them to trigger it.

Over the years I've found this and using the speed gear after, will help get most wayshrines reasonably quickly. Most zones aren't really that big.

The biggest annoyance is that most players are just hanging in capitals. That's probably more true for offline alts, but obviously I can't prove that. Trying to get a wayshrine on the north side of coldharbour is the hardest.

PC EU

Ald Chimeris
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always had luck asking in Coldharbour zone chat for rides to the north wayshrine. Sometimes it takes a few minutes but I always get it.

I also port to all guildies that are in the zone I am heading to and pick up some wayshrines that way. Most of them are in town but I do get other more remote wayshrines, too.

Vvardenfell has striders you can ride to different parts of the zone. I've used them to go around and pick up nearby wayshrines.
    PCNA
    Options
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭
    I've always had luck asking in Coldharbour zone chat for rides to the north wayshrine. Sometimes it takes a few minutes but I always get it.

I also port to all guildies that are in the zone I am heading to and pick up some wayshrines that way. Most of them are in town but I do get other more remote wayshrines, too.

Vvardenfell has striders you can ride to different parts of the zone. I've used them to go around and pick up nearby wayshrines.

I wish siltstriders were everywhere. i refuse to travel by any of the carts now queued outside towns like cabs.
    PC EU

Ald Chimeris
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I don't think this is even possible on the game engine side.

I would like to be able to tell I guild roster, friends lists etc what wayshrine I would end up at if I port to a player.
    Options
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could just do like other stuff,and just make found wayshrines accountwide for other chars on same account.Also,they could technically add the ability to port to offline char's spots,seeing it saves where they last were,and that's where they login at.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could just do like other stuff,and just make found wayshrines accountwide for other chars on same account.Also,they could technically add the ability to port to offline char's spots,seeing it saves where they last were,and that's where they login at.

That would mean only one character on an account would get XP for discovering wayshrines. Not optimal at all for those of use who play alts, and like the discovery XP on each alt.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings everyone!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules regarding "Inappropriate Content and Language". We understand that everyone has their own opinions that they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    While I don't think this is even possible on the game engine side.

I would like to be able to tell I guild roster, friends lists etc what wayshrine I would end up at if I port to a player.

I guess it's not exposed in the API, since even Beam Me Up can't do that (at least as far as I'm aware).

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I recall reading that even WoW was realizing that making players find their equivalent to wayshrines on ever character is silly.

But I am not looking even for that, just a way to "fit the lore" that I can go to where one of my "friends" (an alt on my account). Pretending they don't know each other at all is not logical.

As to the XP argument, you could skip this feature, though it is minimal and leveling a character makes it impossible to not get to max level without lots of things left to do.

And now, some wayshrines are quite distant, like the one in the far middle right of Vvardenfel (sp?) as I noted.

Not unacceptable, but it would still be a nice feature for at least some, though I am sure others will passionately against it.

Having multiple characters really doesn't fit the lore as you play a unique individual in the game. You are The Vestige not a vestige. Of course every other player is also The Vestige but that can't be helped in an MMO. Going to have to be a bit of lore breaking here or there. Claiming this would somehow fit the lore is just trying to give reason where there is none.

Your characters do not know each other. They have never met.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Having multiple characters really doesn't fit the lore as you play a unique individual in the game. You are The Vestige not a vestige. Of course every other player is also The Vestige but that can't be helped in an MMO. Going to have to be a bit of lore breaking here or there. Claiming this would somehow fit the lore is just trying to give reason where there is none.

My 8 characters all know each other, or at least know of each other, and they're all the Vestige. :)
    What the known lore doesn't tell us is that the Aurbis spawned multiple versions of the Mundus (in true parallel universe style, a la DC/Marvel), and each one of them has a different Vestige. I don't know how, but one day, they'll meet, and share their stories...
    Edited by vsrs_au on May 23, 2024 10:20PM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Some of my characters at least have met. I have screenshots of 6 or 7 all hanging out
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »
    snip

There's an checkbox for 'online only' in case you missed that. It will remove offline players from the display.

My approach to this on new alts, is to spend a bit of time when starting out, using the guild roster(s) to travel to every player's location to add the wayshrine. This also adds to some XP for the discovery, although for some wayshrines, you need to move off them to trigger it.

Over the years I've found this and using the speed gear after, will help get most wayshrines reasonably quickly. Most zones aren't really that big.

The biggest annoyance is that most players are just hanging in capitals. That's probably more true for offline alts, but obviously I can't prove that. Trying to get a wayshrine on the north side of coldharbour is the hardest.

That did not work as expected at least not on console. I see the button on the PC, but I think that is part of an addon there.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can filter to online only on console too. I can t remember what the button is but it shows you at the bottom of the guild roster screen
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    You can filter to online only on console too. I can t remember what the button is but it shows you at the bottom of the guild roster screen

When I filter by zone name, it shows EVERYONE THERE, even those offline. The "ONLINE" filter did something different from that.

This still wouldn't provide what I am asking for, but it would help a lot in other ways.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭
    Immediately above the Location column is the field "Members Online" e.g 45/492.
    Next to that is a checkbox labelled 'Hide offline'
    Checking this box will do exactly that; and the column will refresh and you will then only see those user in that guild, that are actually online.
    It has always worked for me on PC and I'm pretty sure it's a ZOS feature.

Sometimes the box is hidden by the 'Members Online' text, but you can still see and click the checkbox.

esoradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/5.png
    (ignore the green arrow)

Edited by LaintalAy on May 24, 2024 9:01AM
    PC EU

Ald Chimeris
    Options
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Playstation, it's R3 to hide/show offline. You can simply sort by Location, click R3, and kaboom. You get what's shown below. Your online guildmates and their locations sorted alphabetically.

jtmfj8wa701i.jpg
    Edited by DenverRalphy on May 24, 2024 12:24PM
    Options