Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Mages Guild Passives(with a side of Soul Magic)

Grim_Overlord
Grim_Overlord
✭✭✭
With the additions to the Mages Guild and Soul Magic skill lines, I had really hoped that their passives would've gotten a look over as well to incentivize their use a little more. I have posted about this a few times, and don't really want to dig into each passive again for the Mages Guild, so in short, the main issue is that the majority of them are horribly underpowered compared to their Fighters Guild counterparts. The skills themselves are also lacking by comparison, with the main two being Inner Light and Scalding Rune. Inner Light mostly keeps up with Camo Hunter through Hunter's weapon damage passive alone, unless you are getting the Minor Berserk from it at which point it outpaces Inner Light easily. I'm not opposed to the Mages Guild giving increased Magicka, but 2% per ability doesn't stack up to the 3% weapon and spell damage gained by Fighters abilities. For Scalding Rune, while it is a useful dot, it doesn't even come close to Barbed Trap even when Minor Force is removed from the equation in part due to how it doesn't have the increased status proc chance as trap does. Soul Magic is even worse off, as the passives are all utility or RP passives effectively that barely even save gold at this point. While, at least personally, the grimoires for Mages Guild and Soul Magic seem the most interesting, the passives that come with them are all but nonexistent. There are a few passives that are interesting, such as the dot length increase passive, but the Might of the Guild passive that gives empower is many patches outdated. This isn't a crippling issue, but it is one that deserves some attention.
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many magic skills in ESO are horribly underpowered, except for weapon skills and guild skills, such as Destruction Staff VS Dual Wield, Mages Guild VS Fighters Guild. This is even true for status effects, with Sundered dealing damage, providing 100 weapon damage and Minor Breach. In comparison, Overcharged, in addition to dealing damage, only provides extremely low magicka regeneration (doesn't even scale with the player's maximum magicka) and Minor Magickasteal.
    In Scribing, all types of Physical Damage deal more damage than Magic Damage.
    Not to mention sets, the passive abilities of light armor and medium armor have been unbalanced for a long time, and the bonuses of most light armor sets are far behind the bonuses of medium armor sets. For example, light armor 2~4 bonuses give more (impractical) penetration (EX: Cinders of Anthelmir, Icy Conjurer), and the five-piece bonus provides lower effects than medium armor (EX: Coral Riptide VS Bahsei's Mania) )
    "是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
    Options