The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion - Monetizable Deflation Vendor/System

• VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I don't see any reason why new players should be impacted by inflation in the economy, as they have no reason to use the trading system which in any event is largely the province of traders in that they're the only ones with the gold to spend seriously on it in the first place!

Also, isn't the inflation issue only affecting one server out of the six? I can't see any reason why ZOS would want to devote significant resources to implementing something like this suggestion. If monetisation was the main incentive for them to do so then I don't see how increased monetisation in ESO would be "nothing but a good thing to players", as the usual complaint is that there's too much of it already.

Agree. PC players esp those from NA want to ruin everything for everyone else. They come up with ideas like drop or reduce gold from writs or remove vet trial plunder (would literally destroy economies and prevent players from earning any significant amount of gold), higher lux prices or more lux items (console players can't afford), million gold morphables, etc

The real solutiion which nobody wants to admit is disabling all crafting, harvesting, and any non combat addons. Without chest and node maps, instant click writs, TTC, and such there wouldn't be so much gold and this much inflation. Only then can you begin to think about true gold sinks like furnishing mat vendors, more gold buyable houses, more lux items, etc
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
    Options
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The real solutiion which nobody wants to admit is disabling all crafting, harvesting, and any non combat addons. Without chest and node maps, instant click writs, TTC, and such there wouldn't be so much gold and this much inflation. Only then can you begin to think about true gold sinks like furnishing mat vendors, more gold buyable houses, more lux items, etc

I have been playing MMOs now for more than 20 years. Most of those game did NOT have addons to help players with stuff as ESO. But guess what? All of them had or still have the same problem ESO has - inflation :mrgreen: !

So, sorry to burst your bubble. But removing the addons won't do any good :( . Inflation will still happen. The reason for that is simple. The longer a MMO runs, the more ingame currency is generated and with that players will increase prices over time, since other players will pay more for the same item(s). One - from my pov - crazy example is AION. Within 5 years after launch prices rose, depending on the item(s), by a factor between 50 and 200. An item I bought for 50,000 during year 2, I could only buy for between 5,000,000 and 10,000,000 during year 5 :unamused: (the SAME item!!!).

Options
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭

I have been playing MMOs now for more than 20 years. Most of those game did NOT have addons to help players with stuff as ESO. But guess what? All of them had or still have the same problem ESO has - inflation :mrgreen: !

So, sorry to burst your bubble. But removing the addons won't do any good :( . Inflation will still happen. The reason for that is simple. The longer a MMO runs, the more ingame currency is generated and with that players will increase prices over time, since other players will pay more for the same item(s). One - from my pov - crazy example is AION. Within 5 years after launch prices rose, depending on the item(s), by a factor between 50 and 200. An item I bought for 50,000 during year 2, I could only buy for between 5,000,000 and 10,000,000 during year 5 :unamused: (the SAME item!!!).

It would not be as easy to generate even more gold without addons. There is a reason PC has vastly different prices compared to console and that people can farm and craft much easier and faster. PC is printing Zimbabwe dollars bc of addons. Prices are high bc of the amount of gold generated.
    Edited by VisitHammerfell on April 27, 2024 4:50PM
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It would not be as easy to generate even more gold without addons. There is a reason PC has vastly different prices compared to console and that people can farm and craft much easier and faster. PC is printing Zimbabwe dollars bc of addons. Prices are high bc of the amount of gold generated.

Addons are not the reason I am wealthy and are not very relevant in causing wealth in ESO vs how things work on other games.

In fact, other games make it easier since one can see exactly what an item is listed at vs only what someone with an arson has seen recently.

So the addon aspect is irrelevant.

Options
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just sayin, when I'm actively playing ESO I do daily crafting writs on 16-20 characters a day and I don't use the addon. It still takes me less than 2 minutes per character to actually do the crafting and turn in the writs (with loading screens taking up the bulk of the time and being the limiting factor for me).
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on April 27, 2024 5:46PM
    Options