The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

100% Mitigation on PTS - Invulnerable to direct damage attacks from monsters

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Some additive stacking is happening with damage mitigation on PTS. There's a way to become invulnerable to direct damage attacks when wearing the new Lucent set, Esoteric, mitigation CP, Undeath. Please take a look as this should not go live.

Thanks to @Sparkrip for testing and making the videos.

Original Thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657489/eso-mitigation-issue-100-mitigation-achieved
Steps to Reproduce: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8099621/#Comment_8099621

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqMOSTtgglw

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
PC NA
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    koqhbayvvvls.gif
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 25, 2024 5:52PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice.
    Options
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin These types of bugs end up accumulating over time and are exploited as the general population forgets about them but not the small community of players who exploit every bug possible to get an edge. Can we please get some acknowledgment this is being looked at?

The workload is only going to keep piling up and this is something that has be fixed or the game’s integrity will be questionable.
    Options
  • Sparkrip
    Sparkrip
    ✭✭✭
    @Skoomah Its not really a bug because this is how mitigation has always been calculated for a while and some version of this is already possible on live. The only difference is its easier to get to and stay at 100% mitigation in that category on pts. Long story short this is an intended interaction, so there wont be any lash back if people use this. My original post was intended to ask them to change the way mitigation is calculated so its more strait-forward and not convoluted, and so we don't get to a point where you're not taking damage. This is also not a quick process on their end because they will have to adjust the mitigation calculation quite a bit and run testing on it so I'm hoping this will be addressed next patch because this one this is too much to fix.
    Options
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf undeath already
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf undeath already

THIS!

And rework the vamp line completely while your at it, its garbage.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf undeath already

For pvp, hells yes! Nerf it to smithereens pls

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sparkrip wrote: »
    @Skoomah Its not really a bug because this is how mitigation has always been calculated for a while and some version of this is already possible on live. The only difference is its easier to get to and stay at 100% mitigation in that category on pts. Long story short this is an intended interaction, so there wont be any lash back if people use this. My original post was intended to ask them to change the way mitigation is calculated so its more strait-forward and not convoluted, and so we don't get to a point where you're not taking damage. This is also not a quick process on their end because they will have to adjust the mitigation calculation quite a bit and run testing on it so I'm hoping this will be addressed next patch because this one this is too much to fix.

Mitigation is supposed to be multiplicative and not additive. Whatever the math or coding is, it needs to get fixed. No wonder there are players out there that just don’t die. This is the kind of bugs that ruins this game. No one likes fighting this trash in PvP and god knows how much pve content has been cleared with these basically cheats.
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DELETE UNDEATH. KILL IT IWTH FIRE.

I say this even as an Undeath abuser and vampire enjoyer who's staying vamp with or without Undeath.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • JustLovely
    JustLovely
    ✭✭✭✭
    koqhbayvvvls.gif

I prefer this version :smile:

link removed out of fear ...but go to youtube and search "Todd Howard it just works" by the Chalkeaters

It makes me laugh every time. Probably because of it's accuracy, and the wabbajack of course.
    Edited by JustLovely on April 28, 2024 3:59PM
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All PvPers clicking this thread:

looney-tunes-daffy.gif
    Options
  • Sparkrip
    Sparkrip
    ✭✭✭
    I mean undeath isnt even that strong compared to some other things in this category, you can reach 100% mitigation without undeath. The only reason I was using vampire is for its simplicity i could have easily used immovability potions or deliberation from psijic, or the new scribing ability. Its not an issue with vamperism bur rather how mitigation is calculated in general.
    Options
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I say this even as an Undeath abuser and vampire enjoyer who's staying vamp with or without Undeath.

Yeah it's pretty poor balancing when you are forced into being a stage 3 vampire to be competitive in pvp on 99% of builds

I use it too on almost all my characters now. I always thought it should be changed to major + minor protection while under 30% health
    Options
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make vampire a skin and werewolf a polymorph and be done with it.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JustLovely wrote: »
    koqhbayvvvls.gif

I prefer this version :smile:

link removed out of fear ...but go to youtube and search "Todd Howard it just works" by the Chalkeaters

It makes me laugh every time. Probably because of it's accuracy, and the wabbajack of course.

That was extravagant to say the least. :D
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another observation is there's no stamina loss from Esoteric when 100% mitigation reached. Maybe it makes sense.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 30, 2024 5:51AM
    PC NA
    Options
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sparkrip wrote: »
    I mean undeath isnt even that strong compared to some other things in this category, you can reach 100% mitigation without undeath. The only reason I was using vampire is for its simplicity i could have easily used immovability potions or deliberation from psijic, or the new scribing ability. Its not an issue with vamperism bur rather how mitigation is calculated in general.

Why is using an immovability potion increasing mitigation?
    Options
  • Sparkrip
    Sparkrip
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Sparkrip
    Sparkrip
    ✭✭✭
    Also I posted this in my thread but since its relative here too:

Well sorry to disappoint but they in fact did not make it multiplicative.... they lowered the additive portion from 0.2 to 0.17 and added a significant penalty increase to having the vampire, lucent, greaves, minor aegis combination. Last test cycle this combination produced 0.08 penalty it now makes a 0.18 penalty. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin. Do I need to make another video of me getting to 100% mitigation? because I checked and I can. Please stop slapping fixer upper solutions and fix this please.....
    Options
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well looks like it's been fixed now (or at least they are trying to fix it anyway)

v8ypjd1cdryh.png
    Options
  • Sparkrip
    Sparkrip
    ✭✭✭
    my previous post is in reference to this "fix"
    Options