Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Witches' Festival decorations still in Alinor after latest patch

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We’ll pass this on to the dev team to fix.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They increase the decoration times, and decrease the mail and trader times. For the server, for stability!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • EchoesofThunder
    EchoesofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    Should we be concerned that Zenimax can't seem to fix this, [snip]? It's such a departure from their normal desire to keep things tidy and immersive... did they lose some key people? are player numbers down? does anyone know?

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 31, 2024 12:35PM
    Options
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is even an issue. Maybe the locals in Evermore like the pumpkins and wheat around their wayshrine.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Known issue:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8108960
    At least it's not a bug that really causes issues. Like still not being able to get all achievements for Azandar done and unlock his perk permanently - after over half a year (I think the bug first occured after an update somewhen in autumn 2023).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should we be concerned that Zenimax can't seem to fix this, [snip]? It's such a departure from their normal desire to keep things tidy and immersive... did they lose some key people? are player numbers down? does anyone know?

I don't know why such a basic function is still a problem but it does not instill confidence in the game.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 31, 2024 12:36PM
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is even an issue. Maybe the locals in Evermore like the pumpkins and wheat around their wayshrine.

Evermore is especially festive — don’t they also have wreaths and garland up on the wayshrine in town?
    Options
  • Just_Attivi
    Just_Attivi
    ✭✭✭
    There were more near the docks in Sentinel, Alikr Desert as well
    Options
  • AuraKoimizu
    AuraKoimizu
    ✭✭
    l1ow36twgg9a.jpg
    h1tl9b1cb84e.jpg
    6ll7fnb71bzj.jpg
    xdy4owhgzn5h.jpg
    yos60cw8l5a3.jpg
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnseenCat wrote: »
    I had last logged out right next to some Witches' Festival decorations that were in Alinor. After the patch, I logged in -- and they're still there. :)

Wayshrined out all the way across the map to Vvardenfell, then Western Skyrim, and back to Alinor. Still there. Perhaps they're cursed? :p

j0c00okdrits.png

Shhhhhhhh... let them be. It's spoopy.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, just wanted to follow up here. We passed on this thread to the team. They are hunting down rogue pumpkins.

Booooooo. Halloween is everyday....

Edited by Lumsdenml on May 29, 2024 8:49PM
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I saw an Anniversary wreath on a wayshrine a day or two ago. I will have to find where it was. I think it was Vivec City.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw an Anniversary wreath on a wayshrine a day or two ago. I will have to find where it was. I think it was Vivec City.

Possible - though I think maybe the ones I saw were at Alinor. The "holiday remains" don't bother me; if I even notice them (I don't much), I'm rather charmed by them.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think what makes it annoying is how it’s the same in places all over Tamriel. It would be all very well if say Evermore happened to observe a festival with the same trappings as the American adaptation of an ancient Irish holiday, but not if it’s also in Alinor and Lilmoth. Even in Solitude, which is absolutely the sort of place where people would put remarkable objects on their doors to ward off... spookiness, I would prefer something distinctive.

Compare that to the New Life quests, which demonstrate how it is celebrated just about everywhere, but in different ways.
    Options
  • LogansClaw53188
    What is more insane is that in Evermore there are New Life and Witches Fest decorations both occupying the same space. And there are New Life decorations in other places too. Some Jubilee decorations are still up as well. Single wreath on Vivec City ws. How many maintenance shut downs have we had since Jubilee?
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is more insane is that in Evermore there are New Life and Witches Fest decorations both occupying the same space. And there are New Life decorations in other places too. Some Jubilee decorations are still up as well. Single wreath on Vivec City ws. How many maintenance shut downs have we had since Jubilee?

I don’t understand what’s so hard about removing these decorations. You’ve been doing it for 10 years now.

You run a script to put them up, then run a script to remove them. Right?

It’s not game-breaking but it’s a lack of attention to detail. It’s also low hanging fruit.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t understand what’s so hard about removing these decorations. You’ve been doing it for 10 years now.

It’s not game-breaking but it’s a lack of attention to detail. It’s also low hanging fruit.

No, the decorations were added last year, and then started reappearing at some point this year (after U41 or was it earlier?). It does not bother me, but the decorations will be more special if just around during the associated events, and it is a bit baffling to me how difficult they seem to be to remove. 🎃
    Edited by Araneae6537 on June 7, 2024 5:19PM
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, the decorations were added last year, and then started reappearing at some point this year (after U41 or was it earlier?). It does not bother me, but the decorations will be more special if just around during the associated events, and it is a bit baffling to me how difficult they seem to be to remove. 🎃

Did they ever disappear? Maybe they did but it seems like they stayed around, at least on PS NA.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did they ever disappear? Maybe they did but it seems like they stayed around, at least on PS NA.

I believe they did, but now I’m questioning… Were not the Witches’ Festival decorations gone before the New Life decorations appeared? 🤔
    Options