The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

[No Spoilers] Does Gold Road require Necrom?

Soarora
Soarora
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So, I already have (and completed) Necrom so I cannot test this, and perhaps this is why Necrom is available on the PTS for 1 crown? But I'm doing the Gold Road main quest right now and it's telling me to go to Necrom zones. Are you able to buy Gold Road if you don't have Necrom? If so, will it let you pick up the quest? Or is everyone who hasn't done Necrom going to get confused about what all is going on and then get to a point halfway through the main quest that they physically cannot continue the quest?
PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After posting this, I hopped on a character who hasn't done the Necrom main quest and I was able to pick up the Gold Road main quest, with Leramil name dropping Ithelia as if I know who she is. This needs to be looked into because new players or players who come in after this year aren't going to know that they need to do Necrom first, it isn't mentioned on the "buy Gold Road" page at all as far as I recall. It does not make any sense to do Gold Road then Necrom. I know Torvesard is "who knows where" but that's not enough to make the quests interchangeable in order.

I'd say Necrom needs to be purchased before someone can purchase Gold Road. I'd even go as far as to say when you try to pick up the quest, it should tell you to do Necrom first or even give you the Necrom main quest.

That said, again, I have Necrom so I don't know if it has an alternative for people who don't have it or if they're going to get stuck somewhere.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A special “capper” quest, available to those who have completed both Necrom and West Weald storylines

This quest is also available on the PTS templates for testing purposes.

The main quest jumps into the "capper" quest pretty abruptly.

Do you remember if your char had done the prologue or not?
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A special “capper” quest, available to those who have completed both Necrom and West Weald storylines

This quest is also available on the PTS templates for testing purposes.

The main quest jumps into the "capper" quest pretty abruptly.

Do you remember if your char had done the prologue or not?

Yeah I'm starting to think that this is the "capper" quest. I don't recall those being included in the zone guide as a part of the main quest line but I may be wrong. I do feel like in previous years it was more obvious when the "capper" quests started.

And no, none of my characters have done the prologue. At the very least, I feel like the Gold Road description should mention its a continuation of the Necrom storyline so people who care can do it in order.
    Options
  • Remy525
    Remy525
    Soul Shriven
    I also had similar problem, meaning I've created a new char with scribing toolkit and on that char I've done 5 Gold Road quests but I couldn't continue with the last three. No pin, nothing.

I was wondering if I also need to complete Necrom Main questline to complete the remaining quest from Gold Road. I thought maybe there was an item I can use to progress or crown store unlock but sadly I wasn't able to find a solution. I wish there was an easier way to progress.
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remy525 wrote: »
    I also had similar problem, meaning I've created a new char with scribing toolkit and on that char I've done 5 Gold Road quests but I couldn't continue with the last three. No pin, nothing.

I was wondering if I also need to complete Necrom Main questline to complete the remaining quest from Gold Road. I thought maybe there was an item I can use to progress or crown store unlock but sadly I wasn't able to find a solution. I wish there was an easier way to progress.

Yeah, the last 3 quests for sure are the "capper" quest. It's just very unclear.
    Options