The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

What Class would you add to the game?

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Realistically, I'd like to see a Dwemer Artificer.

I think a lot of people hear "class" and think "My favorite class from D&D or BG3." Yeah, we can all consider a Monk or Bard, but remember that ESO classes have to have 3 skill lines, and those need to include skills to meet the requirements of the three major roles. And (as much as some people don't like it), all of the DLC classes we've had are pretty obvious about which line does which.

That's why I don't think "Fight barehanded!" or "Lute Hero Remix" is enough. That's more like a new weapon line, not 3x class lines.

But for an artificer...
    That's got an easy breakdown in the lore already. We've got almost a natural healing line in Tonal Magic (which could then allow people to bring out their best Bard ideas) as a way to heal/buff/debuff with sounds, and there are several quests in ESO already that talk about the power of Dwemer tonal magic. Another easy line could be Automata, as pet summons and some of their explosive weapons like grenades for DPS. And finally, we could have the tanking line lean into Steam Power to create vamidium armors or drop defensive buffs.

Would have been ideal if they make a chapter exploring the Dwemer. And they don't even have to get us really any closer to solving the actual mystery. After all, all the discoveries would be just totally up for interpretation... And we have so many NPCs with long lines in-game exploring that, not only in ESO -- and no one ever got any closer, except maybe Divayth Fyr, but he never told anyone.
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bard
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • duagloth
    duagloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bard and or tamer
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monk, unarmed, unarmoured.
    PC EU
    Options
  • kyatos_binarini
    kyatos_binarini
    ✭✭✭
    I would remove classes and left their skill lines available for everyone
    Options
  • sarahvhoffb14_ESO
    sarahvhoffb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Something with shapechanging that's a toggle, not with a short timer like WW. Like EQ druids/rangers.
    Options
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something not overly magic based. Maybe a Dwemerologist who uses Dwemer automatons and artifacts in their rotation.

Honestly would rather existing classes get updated to be up to par with Arcanist. Or the resources put into making class change tokens possible. I'd go Arcanist in a heartbeat, not for the theme but because the class plays really, really well compared to the older classes.

If only it didn't mean 'giving up' all my main's progress and choices.
    Edited by Vrienda on April 21, 2024 4:21PM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
    Options
  • Deimus
    Deimus
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a Necromancer class added to the game. It has consistently been one of the most requested classes since beta and there have been some hints pointing towards the class becoming reality the most recent chapters.

Necrom the city of the dead filled with ancestor worship and commerce the first being a form of socially acceptable Necromancy and the latter a black market to deal with black soul gems and corpse smuggling. Also featuring a class themed on bargaining with a Daedric Prince.

Now we are headed back to Cyrodill with scribing a precursor to Oblivion's Spell crafting and the Mage's Guild questline in that game heavily involved necromancy. We are learning to alter skills and abilities which could lead to a faction split in the Order of the Lamp inspired by or making deals with the Ideal Masters to scribe new abilities using the dark arts! The next chapter could have us working with this split from the faction maybe called the "Moonspirit Lantern" or "The Soulflame Torch" who harness the power of necromancy and raising the dead, but have discovered Ithelia was brought back by Meridia.

This will fit into the lore since both Ithelia and Meridia are Magna-Ge so Meridia would have some inkling of memory or feel the missing presence of her older sibling. This will start laying the framework for whatever plot Meridia has in store for Tamriel in future chapters. We could even see her Golden Knight and our lost friend Darien Gautier for the first time since Summerset at the end of Golden Road. It would be the perfect time to introduce the Necromancer class since Meridia is famous for her hatred of the undead.

Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Well, that's a different "take" I guess.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Moothos
    Moothos
    ✭✭
    an actual necromancer

right now we just got grim reaper cosplayer, but at least he can mow your lawn with his scythe
    Options
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people keep saying "Monk" for a fighter class? a Monk is a person who wears a robe, lives in a Temple and usually has the ugliest haircut, they are also religious, wouldn't Pugilist or Fighter be more appropriate?

Besides Aang (and Tenzin) we also have Beau from Critical Role
    aiccvjc8k3lv.png

It's a D&D thing for many but also in older TES games :)
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we not have another Class that's themed around a specific entity or color?

I'd love a BattleMage or SpellBlade. A true Magic/Melee hybrid. Mainly because I want a 1Hand&Spell weapon tree.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    none, we have enough and more than one has been gutted to take away its class identity and give things to give to a new class
    Edited by Katahdin on April 21, 2024 8:06PM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Machinist. And bring back the Dwemer of course to be the catalyst.

This
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
    Options
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kinda wish the game was classless and we just used weapon skills/guild/world/alliance skills.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    irswat wrote: »
    Machinist. And bring back the Dwemer of course to be the catalyst.

This

The Dwemer can't come back if they're still not here by the 4th Era.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about town guard?
    You'd have 10 million health and the ability to one-shot any player.
    Options
  • ZoeliTintanie
    ZoeliTintanie
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see something weird. Like really weird. Bard and Monk, Engineer etc are cool but...

FF14 has that Astrologian
    Mesmer is in Guild Wars 2
    Sorceress/Witch in BDO
    Sheogorath (all the butterflies)/Mind Magic in ESO
    The Prophet/Varus in Eso with all the butterflies and teleportation

Ritualist in Guild Wars 1
    Painter is coming in ff14s next expansion
    Lotro (lord of the rings online) has Runekeeper

Shadowbane (when it was around)
    Furies and Huntress were amazingly fun

Then there's the game with the psionics, the telekinetics, think something like Jean Grey, we're missing a lot of that here too.
    THere isn't really a class that can Push, Pull, Hold, etc all in one unless we jump through a few hoops.

Options
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An Astronaut with a terraforming skill line, that we can take into Starfield and use.
    Options
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    An Astronaut with a terraforming skill line, that we can take into Starfield and use.

so, a Daedric Prince with unlimited capability?
    Options