Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to find oak?

Kingcroft
Kingcroft
✭✭
I think I may have made a mistake, I improved my wood working while I am just Character lvl 13 and am still in Stonefall. Do I have to go to a different zone to find oak?
  • brada
    brada
    Yes, you have to go on a next map/zone for levels ~16+
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, oak starts to appear in the next zone, Deshaan.

But there is nothing to prevent you from still using maple ...
    :)
    Edited by SirAndy on April 2, 2014 9:30PM
  • Kingcroft
    Kingcroft
    ✭✭
    I only would need oak to get to be able to make a bow for level 16. Darn, I did make a mistake, I didn't really need this yet.
  • Fudgedd
    Fudgedd
    Try Grahtwood if you're playing Dominion!
    Fudgy like Fudge
  • zxexidus
    zxexidus
    Soul Shriven
    Completely new to this game. Just started woodworking I'm lvl 12 and completed woodworkers writ now I need oak. Also any suggestions I have my perks in destruction staff.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    zxexidus wrote: »
    Completely new to this game. Just started woodworking I'm lvl 12 and completed woodworkers writ now I need oak. Also any suggestions I have my perks in destruction staff.

You find oak in your alliance's second zone (so Grahtwood, Dashaan, or Stormhaven). I'm not sure I understand your question, though. What kind of suggestions are you looking for? What type of destruction staff to use? What traits to craft it with? What skills to pick? Something else...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

Unless he is doing a Writ...

Those are based on Material Levels.

Buy some Oak in a Guild Kiosk if you can't farm it. Although, you can walk into Deeshan from Stonefalls. Go North (South?) from Ashen Wayshrine, which ever direction takes you past the Ashen Grip Crafting station. Note there is a sky shard along that road and a Dolmen that is tucked out of the way just before you leave the zone.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »

Unless he is doing a Writ...

Those are based on Material Levels.

The original post was from April 2014, when SirAndy responded crafting writs didn't exist yet ;)

Though that is still good information for anyone who comes across this thread to have.

The question in need of answering(and reason for the thread necro) is:
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on September 22, 2015 4:19AM