The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Save the ravage health pot

DrNukenstein
DrNukenstein
✭✭✭✭✭
It's good tech.

There's literally no use for these outside of sacrificing your potion cooldown to trigger some powerful interactions, and that's mega cool elder scrolls powergaming stuff that should be in the game.

• Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uggggghhh I didn't see this. I swear if in the same patch they actually addressed werewolf concerns they also made werewolf quality of life worse I'm gonna scream.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
    Options
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uggggghhh I didn't see this. I swear if in the same patch they actually addressed werewolf concerns they also made werewolf quality of life worse I'm gonna scream.

Too many PvE'rs ramping up their mech acuity sets to push scores...

Who says PvE doesn't hurt PvP?
    Options
  • luchtt
    luchtt
    ✭✭✭
    It's *** up for pve, acuity is kinda really useless now. particularly for me my projects are kinda dead now, cant rly do anything.

They shouldve added some way to get these effects in a more natural gameplay way, i dont think its a bad thing that they fixed this rather buggy behavior, but the tech itself is really cool, and a lot of niche sets are made viable because of it. removing it imo does more harm than good.

IF anything, at least make acuity stack up to max like it would with self harm pots on live, without pots its just a really mid set even though its super cool for niche set.
    Options
  • shukkig4
    shukkig4
    ✭✭
    Completely agree with @luchtt. The gradual ravage health potions were maybe unintended way to proc a lot of sets, however they increased the amount of viable sets that would never otherwise see play, as well as opening strategies that would otherwise be impossible. The potions also had a very serious drawback in that you were not able to get your resources back like with regular potion, you weren't able to source major buffs from them (namely sorcery, brutality, and savagery) or minor heroism, on top of that you inflicted yourself with a damage that for some strategies required longer potions that in a lot of situations would result in very risky playstyle.

I understand those interactions weren't really intended, however they weren't breaking the game, for some strategies it required additional coordination and added another layer of skill raising the ceiling without making it mandatory or even optimal for most groups. In fact those potions were used almost exclusively by people trying to push for the top scores in trials, as well as some dungeon groups and other people trying to push the content to it's limit like Luchtt has been doing soloing dungeons.

It's really sad to see that all strategies that require additional effort are so frowned upon by zos, unlike the mist form changes which were absolutely the right call, this change feels unnecessary and punishing the players that enjoy the end game content and want to push the boundaries of what's possible.

For a while now we've been getting very little end game content, basically only 1 raid per year and now only 2 dungeons a year, which rarely are a challenge for end game players in the first place. There's no incentive to run old content, no rewards or anything that you could get, since account wide achievements, there's no point repeating trifecta achievements unless you go for better score, yet it feels like we're entering a time where even those won't be possible and if the new trial is supposed to be similar in difficulty to Sanity's edge, then I don't see what end game pve players are supposed to do as their end game activity once they get new trial trifecta.

In the end this change affects very small subset of players from already small group that are players attempting trifectas, this won't kill a game or anything, but it makes it so much less rewarding to try and do anything besides ticking trifecta box and moving on to other games until new content, because there's simply no reason to even try and push anything when zos is not only discouraging it, but actively making changes to make it harder and even less rewarding.

I really hope you reconsider this change, because right now it's looking like a lot of ideas that people had are going to go out of the window and with them any reason to play content at all.
    Options