The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Can you play your game at different latency levels please

silky_soft
silky_soft
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok so it's 10 years now and apparently you read these forums.

Can you please play your game at different latency levels? Try using a VPN or mudfish or exit lag to induce the lag.

I personally play on 220 to 250 in pve and 250 to 300 in pvp. Would like you to experience what some of us, apparently is a large portion, have for the last 10 years.

Years ago the games bosses waffled on about raising the skill floor. But they never touched on latency as a gap causer for the APM at the top and APM at the low end.

To bring parity you could use math to increase/decrease times of actions accordingly.

Using 250ms as a base and 100ms as a parity target. Increase or decrease some or one of the following.

In combat base movement speed for positioning (minor expedition)
Dodge roll immunity timer (a gear set already does this)
Reducing GCD base, skill, LA or both
Reducing cast timers on melee skills
Increase range of melee

All you have to tell the community is that you have optimised the way the client and server interact resulting in smoother game play. But I would like to see results of misfiring skills, Dodge roll being ineffective and dying around the corner up stairs from direct attacks.
Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't check this in a few years, but i'm guessing everything it's still the same:

the main issue with latency, at least in the US server, it's the terrible response time/routing of Akamai (the DDOS protection layer they use). It literally adds beetwen 30-60ms of latency, tested this with several people from different countries in latin america and it's was pretty much the same for anyone, most likely it's the same for australians too.Just to give some comparisions, i have 160-180ms latency to AWS us-east-1 region, and 220-260 to ESO.

In the past it was somewhat manageable in PvP, but with the years ESO added a lot of movement speed and cast times to ultimates so for example i can no longer play a meelee nightblade in PvP effectively, it's very hard to land attacks on targets with movement speed bonuses, the character will just weave animations at the air and hit nothing because the lag compensation on the client can't make up for the latency+increased movement speed (and i'm not even counting cyrodrill lag, i get this on BGs or IC), and forget about incap with the cast time on a moving target with expedition bonuses. So i was forced to switch to range / dot pressure builds for PvP

I was hopping that with microsoft adquisition they would at least switch the DDOS protection from Akamai into an Azure-hosted solution, but never happended. Don't hold your hopes for anything to change, this has been a problem for years
    Options