Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Desperately need a one-bar, PVE magplar build upgrade for U41 - Pie King needs your help!

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't upgraded my gear in like, forever. I'm working towards Oakensoul, so that'll be part of it (I'm assuming). I've got a little more than 1400 CP, and have no desire to learn the intricate dance of a two-bar rotation, thus the one-bar necessity. Doctoral dissertation work has drained me of the will to learn a two-bar setup.

My current setup:
- 5x Mother's Sorrow
- 5x War Maiden
- Wild Hunt ring (for farmin' and craftin')
- Molag Kena shoulders

- armour's all light/divines, except shoulders/chest which are infused
- jewelry's arcane, except WH ring which is swift
- one bar is dual swords - fiery/sharpened & absorb-health/nirnhoned
- other bar is inferno/precise staff with weapon damage enchant

Please help me; I know that gear loadout is terrible now hahaha
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are ways to do a 2 bar setup that arent incredibly intensive rotations, thats what i do for the stamplar i have

if you want to do a oakensoul set up, mothers sorrow and war maiden is not a too terrible of a setup for templar

i dont know what other gear you have access to, but if you really wanted to put an emphasis on jabs then you could use a maelstrom 2h + draugrkin and significantly buff the base dmg of each jabs (maelstrom adds bonus dmg to direct dmg, and draugrkin increases dmg a target takes from attacks, which stacked together on a templar spamming jabs would be pretty good)

it might also help to know what kind of build you were aiming for, im assuming PVE, but is this going to be general purpose/normal dungeons, or like for vet dungeons/trials?
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly solo PVE, but I want at least the versatility to heal in vet dungeons/trials without being stomped immediately.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd use deadly strike in place of war maiden.
    Would trade molag kena for slimecraw.
    Use lightning staff once you get oaken.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would use Order's Wrath instead of Mother's Sorrow, it's craftable and gives 10 8% extra crit damage and healing.
    war maiden is good for magicka templars.

i use deadly strike as i mainly use damage over time skills and Radiant Opression (the templar channel), but i dont know which skills you use.

edited to correct the set bonus info
    Edited by LunaFlora on March 21, 2024 5:39PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your doing a magplar setup, you should be able to get a decent amount of healing from jabs + radiant glory morph of jesus beam

if your running oaken then you shouldnt have to worry about buff uptimes, and you still have room for at least 3 more skills to fill out the rest of your bar

im assuming this is more for a dps spec, so you could slot cleansing ritual (purge/additional heal that doesnt require a target), and then a couple dots (blazing spear or wall of elements, etc)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have multiple builds on my magplar, but when I want to run a one bar build I go with oakensoul, deadly strike, and orders wrath. Deadly strike will provide a buff to your channeled abilities.

I also have 1 piece of slimecraw for the crit, but sometimes I swap it out for other helms depending on what I'm doing.

It really depends on the content you're doing. Whenever I use a one bar build, it's usually when I'm soloing content I want to blast through quickly. My preference is actually for the greater utility of 2 bar builds because I can pack on more defense.

Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Literally was about to post that one! I enjoy it. :)

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use ansuls and deadly with oakensoul

Shards , woe, jabs , potl/crushing/heal (depends if I need interrupt, extra dps or a heal) and beam

That setup has done EoF and SoTN several times . It’s sturdy enough