The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I hate Clannfear

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I hate how they knock me over then pin me down doing unthinkable things without my consent until I am finally able to break free. Then if I don't run away or kill them fast enough they do it again. It wouldn't bother me one bit if Clannfear were wiped from the face of Tamriel.
PCNA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That attack can be blocked.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still hate them.
    PCNA
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember the days before they evolved to do that.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

No doubt, but the time between the aoe showing up and the clannfear jumping is pretty short. Its more of a nuisance than a danger, kind of like the nix hounds and kotu gave
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is most definitely a nuisance and one I would like to never be subjected to again.
    PCNA
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can indeed be blocked but unless I am specifically anticipating/watching for it, by the time the red circle shows up and I react I'm already down. The warning time is too short to be of effective use.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No doubt, but the time between the aoe showing up and the clannfear jumping is pretty short. Its more of a nuisance than a danger, kind of like the nix hounds and kotu gave

I believe it is 3 seconds. See the telegraph, count to three, block. Sadly, it only works on one of them. If there are two, the other one can get to you and do unthinkable things.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I exterminate them at every opportunity.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it is 3 seconds. See the telegraph, count to three, block. Sadly, it only works on one of them. If there are two, the other one can get to you and do unthinkable things.

They should really take a look at the animations when the player is pinned down... unthinkable describes what they do pretty well.
    PCNA
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Or you can block the whole time provided you're not using a channeled ability.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just let them have their way with you
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can indeed be blocked but unless I am specifically anticipating/watching for it, by the time the red circle shows up and I react I'm already down. The warning time is too short to be of effective use.

Oddly enough, after I figured out how to block them, I have no trouble with them at all. And that's fairly strange, since with my ping it should be an issue forever.

Mostly, if there are clannfear in an area (well, they're everywhere in Coldharbour for instance) I just auto-snap into block if I see one....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just let them have their way with you

:s
    PCNA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See a Clannfear, don't wait for a red circle, block preemptively and hold it until after it does jump. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're already blocking (like I always do) they can't knock you down, and get stunned instead. Anywhere I know there will be Clannfear, I block like a mad thing. It works, haven't been Daedra humped in forever.
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bekkael wrote: »
    If you're already blocking (like I always do) they can't knock you down, and get stunned instead. Anywhere I know there will be Clannfear, I block like a mad thing. It works, haven't been Daedra humped in forever.

Yep. That's the main thing....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re slobbering and drooling all over you while they are licking your face.
  • sleepy_worm
    sleepy_worm
    ✭✭✭
    AD sewers are lousy with these little jerks. There's even a boss who summons them. Yuck.
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    Clannfears drive me crazy because no matter what that's always their starter attack. Sometimes I use my sorc ult on them just to be petty and stun them amd watch until the grave takes them.
    they knock me over then pin me down doing unthinkable things ... Then if I don't run away or kill them fast enough they do it again.
    Now if some daedroths wanna do this instead, I don't think I'd have any complaints 🥴
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

See a Clannfear, don't wait for a red circle, block preemptively and hold it until after it does jump. :)

Yes, about 2 seconds after you attack them and they see you, they will jump. Guaranteed.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who sometimes uses the Shadowrend Monster Set, I sympathize with them...
    Cliff Striders on the other hand... Hate those things!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where they usually get me is at dolmens. I'm fighting a handful of daedra (no clannfear), then all of a sudden, redcircleboom and I'm down. I didn't quite notice that a clannfear had appeard 28M away while I was fighting a handful of other daedra. Happens too often. I don't know what the red circle warning time is but it is NOT a leisurely 3 seconds.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear works exceptionally well as a counter to the jump as well, and is more forgiving with the timing. Helpful for folks like me who can't hold block cause of finger/hand issues.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me at least, the red circle only shows up *after* they jump, but if you watch them you can see them wind up for a second first.

In all my solo runs of Banished Cells, I've found that it's pretty much always going to be the case that if you start a fight with one from distance, it's going to jump at you to close the distance. Always.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always found it really funny hearing about how people hate them because I've always loved them, they're so cute. So many NPC CCs irritate me but their jump never does because it's so puppylike to me.
    I've liked them since Oblivion. The way they run around in that game is so silly and cute. They were also super dangerous, especially playing on max difficulty, but seeing them start to chase me from afar with the run is just so delightful lol
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭
    Get the Shadowrend set and summon one to fight for you.
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't bother me one bit if Clannfear were wiped from the face of Tamriel.

Give it about 200 years, when Tiber Septim shows up most of the Daedra will go away.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i used to hate them, but now i block them without fail
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nonsense, they're the cutest Daedric pets. Plus they're the best puppies for my TankSorc build. I always pet them like I would a dog, who's a good Daedric puppy? You're a good Daedric puppy!
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I roll dodge out of the way. It works better than blocking when there are multiples of them.