The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

do we need more value from expert hunter and mage light?

mook-eb16_ESO
mook-eb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I think if it would be good if the passive from these skill worked when you swapped bars like bound aegis.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expert hunter no, but Magelight definitely yes. Expert hunter contributes 2% extra weapon damage, and depending on what morph you take, you may also be able to trigger minor berserk or increase the damage of your fighters guild abilities.

All Magelight gives you is an 8% increase to your Mag pool, which doesn't scale up in damage the way that it used to because damage is more strongly correlated to spell power - and spell crit (Major Prophecy I think) which is widely available on the most common spell power potions that DPS use.

I personally would like to see Magelight passive changed to give you 8% Mag pool + 2600 Offensive Penetration while slotted on front or back bar instead of crit chance.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hunter is already pretty good, fighters guild passives + if you go camo hunter morph its also got minor berserk

magelight on the other hand the passives are only OK, they dont really help a lot, it is an easy source of empower if you cast it every 10 seconds, and as noted the max mag is OK, its certainly not as good as it used to be
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Magelight while slotted makes it so you and nearby allies cannot be stunned from sneak attacks. The other morph, Inner Light, increases your Maximum Magicka while slotted.

Comparatively, Camouflaged Hunter will grant you Minor Berserk when you deal critical damage to an enemy's flank while the ability is slotted. The other morph requires the skill to be active to grant extra damage to non-Ultimate Fighter's Guild abilities and also increases the radius of the stealth reveal; it is not passive while slotted.

I think all of the above skills should function while slotted on either bar. They're both great sources of Major Savagery and Prophecy, though I think one of them should be changed to Major Brutality and Sorcery so that there are more options for receiving that buff.

Maybe Magelight and its morphs should grant Major Brutality and Sorcery, since Camouflaged Hunter benefits from granting Major Savagery and Prophecy due to the critical damage proc condition. Then again, since Degeneration in the Mages Guild skill line grants Major Brutality and Sorcery, either Degeneration should change to Major Savagery and Prophecy, or Expert Hunter and its morphs should grant Major Brutality and Sorcery instead.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak