Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming DLC?

SmithNL
SmithNL
✭✭
Hello peeps

I know this is extremely soon, but what else can we do. I would like to discuss the following subject. Where would you like to see a possible DLC?

For example: Skyrim or maybe a original expansion of Tamriel?

Lets discuss! GO!!!

Regards
Smith
I live for science!
  • TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    I hope they don't do DLC and just make it free updates. I don't want to have to spend $60 a year for new DLC.
    The King is Here!
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    TuterKing wrote: »
    I hope they don't do DLC and just make it free updates. I don't want to have to spend $60 a year for new DLC.

You know DLC means downloadable content and not payed downloadable content. Where would you like it to take place?
    I live for science!
  • Nybling
    Nybling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn.
    Member, Entropy Rising
    - Beta Tester since March 2013.
    - Psijic Tester since October 2013
    - Veteran Rank 16 once upon a time
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The game is online making DLC pointless ... in an MMO its called an expansion pack.
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    The game is online making DLC pointless ... in an MMO its called an expansion pack.
    ... or just a patch/update.

There are a number of themed patches already in the works. We know there will be a thieve's guild update and one for player guild improvements.

• chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they already have a team of 2 to 5 people doing preliminary work on the expansion already. Don't expect to see one for a very long time.

I am sure they will deliver updates with new features however, and that work is probably already under way.

m4eLYel.png
  • Vogyn
    Vogyn
    Soul Shriven
    The others are right; for an mmorpg you call it a "patch" or "expansion".
  • illogicbh
    illogicbh
    ✭✭✭
    The game isnt even officially released yet and you are talking about DLC and expansions....
    Savvy?

• rudyphill_ESO
    rudyphill_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Bigger more epic sized dungeons expanded skill / abilities.
  • murpf
    murpf
    i want to explore some of the planes of oblivion, maybe get into some lore with some of the underused dadric princes, like Hircine our clavicious vile(might be spelling that wrong)
  • DLAROC_ESO
    I would like to see Whiterun, Solitude, or Markarth. I really hope they don't release anymore DLC that you have to pay for. The Imperial edition is enough. Asking people to pay 20 dollars to get the horse early is ridiculous. I'm level 20 now and have almost 8,000 and I'm not spending another coin until I reach 17,000 to buy the standard horse.
    Edited by DLAROC_ESO on May 9, 2014 2:32AM
  • annarr1117nub18_ESO
    DLC= Empty Credit/Debit cards folks!
  • software_goddess
    software_goddess
    ✭✭✭
    I give them money every month. I think I have already paid for my DLC!
  • xLiquidxNapalmx
    xLiquidxNapalmx
    Soul Shriven
    I hope they do an expansion on Vvardenfell.
  • richiestyles
    The poor guy was asking a simple question you hardcore players dont have to correct everything people say... You people are part of the reason I havnt played a mmo till now.
    Skyrim is my answer...
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why someone thought this thread was worth necroing, but since it has I have no idea what new parts of Tamriel an expansion .. a DLC is simply a digital download of something that may also be available boxed so the semantic hair splitting early on in the thread is just typical forum trolling.

That said, I don't expect to see the land masses where Morrowind and Skyrim took place used directly, in fact I hope they aren't. The fact Cyrodil has been re-imagined somewhat differently from Oblivion is sad from where I sit, but since ZOS needed to find some artificial way of adding PVP to the game (to the game's great detriment, clearly) the Imperial Capital was probably the only viable setting for it.
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will not pay for any content or for expansion packs..... it all better come with 15 sub
  • richiestyles
    We pay once a month that should be good enough.
    Im waiting to see what Im going to have to pay on PS4...... PS Plus, Zenimax or whoever, and the $20 transfer fee (if its true).
    Im still a console guy through and through.
  • GandalfLemons
    another shivering isles expansion pack with madness armor like in oblivion.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, talk avbout necro post

Or is this just a dragon break?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I believe every province, which is unacessible now, will be either a paid dlc or free dlc (like Craglorn). I hope it will not all be paid.

I am looking forward to every new part of Tamriel, I love this game, I dont care about the bugs!!
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    I believe every province, which is unacessible now, will be either a paid dlc or free dlc (like Craglorn). I hope it will not all be paid.

I am looking forward to every new part of Tamriel, I love this game, I dont care about the bugs!!

I would venture to say that every new province that opens up will indeed be a paid DLC. This game is not subscription based anymore (Craglorn was released when it was P2P), and it would make absolutely no sense for ZOS not to charge for them.

The only things we will get for free now are the types of things in the base game patches that we've seen/will seen in the first two paid DLCs (bug fixes, system changes, and the occasional motif).

I would also assume that if they ever add in a huge game system similar to the champion system or if they finish the second phase of the justice system that those types of things would be added in for free, simply because you can't have half your player base having access to something like that and the other half left out in the cold (it wouldn't work mechanics wise). I have a theory that this is a large part of the reason that spell crafting has been put on the backburner...It is a system that everyone would really need access to (at least how it was shown in the Quakecon video), but it is also something many would be willing to pay for. Until they can figure out how to turn spell crafting into a paid DLC, I doubt we will ever see it.
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    A new Bloodmoon in Solstheim!
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden