The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So glad I pre-ordered for them to do maintence.

Jasstenn
Jasstenn
✭✭
LETS GO, ive got two game times a day during the week. 3 am - 6 am and 1pm - 4pm now you've successfully blocked me out with two maintenance sessions. Not cool.... Not cool.
Somebody ate my sweet roll.

Marrowind Musketeers
Guild Officer
  • Tarqueth
    Tarqueth
    I understand the frustration, but just think of it as time to unplug and take care of things that truly matter in your life... Like posting on the forums. ;-)
  • Jasstenn
    Jasstenn
    ✭✭
    I would normally embrace it but i'm now at 24 hours out of game, try taking a junkies fix away for that long, I've got cold sweats, vomiting, the shakes.... I might have to call into work. :p

Marrowind Musketeers
    Guild Officer
  • skeed412
    skeed412
    Yeah i agree, I only have certain times to play as well and when thy're all down for maintenance its rather annoying
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Better they fix problems than let you just deal with the problems.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    Last night they had some problem with inventories (which is a big problem, I know I'd be pissed off if items started appearing & disappearing from my inventory & bank...)

And today is their weekly scheduled maintenance day (they actually have two times, wednesday & sunday but it says they won't use both every week). Having maintenance during a weekly scheduled maintenance time is kind of expected...
  • Hak
    Hak
    I feel bad for those that took time off work to play the early access.

It's almost like gambling. We know MMO's almost universally have rough spots during launch, but we also wonder why these issues continue and expect that future games will handle it better.

In 100 years when everyone games, I bet Vegas will have odds on downtime during launches of MMO's.
  • Sötlimpa
    Sötlimpa
    ✭✭
    Hak wrote: »
    In 100 years when everyone games, I bet Vegas will have odds on downtime during launches of MMO's.
    There are people who don't game? Weirdoes.
    "Riding a guar naked through an Argonian temple."
    -Razum-dar
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those are very odd play times. They probably schedule the maintenance to be either mid-day when everyone is at work or during the night, when normally people are asleep.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭
    I for one embrace the downtime. You know when you're playing the Sims and your characters toilet, food, drink, social and energy are all in the red.. well that was me after finally logging out.
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    Believe me.. encounter bugs is way more frustrating ;)

Better they fix them - technically this is still Beta.. since the release is at 4.4.14.
    Except that - it's actually totally normal that MMO's are bugged the first few days/weeks. Compared to other MMO's ESO does a pretty good job.

Just be a bit patient.. everything will be fine SOON™
    Edited by Aiko on April 2, 2014 11:47PM
    Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
  • Jasstenn
    Jasstenn
    ✭✭
    Aiko wrote: »
    Believe me.. encounter bugs is way more frustrating ;)

Better they fix them - technically this is still Beta.. since the release is at 4.4.14.
    Except that - it's actually totally normal that MMO's are bugged the first few days/weeks. Compared to other MMO's ESO does a pretty good job.

Just be a bit patient.. everything will be fine SOON™

In all fairness it didn't say, Pre order to receive 5 days of beta. Lol, Im not raging just frusterated me :)

Marrowind Musketeers
    Guild Officer
  • ironicsilence
    I just hope that going forward maintenance on the US server is done during US off hours...not German off hours
  • Jasstenn
    Jasstenn
    ✭✭
    Oh loooookie here they put it down again, they could've done whatever prep this is during the giant maintenance period.

Marrowind Musketeers
    Guild Officer
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    We still got a bunch of extra time to get ahead of the new people flooding in after release. One final downtime to prepare for release is pretty expected. I just wish they'd warned earlier since it was planned ahead of time. Either way I'd still have to find something productive to do for the next 3-4 hours
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tarqueth wrote: »
    I understand the frustration, but just think of it as time to unplug and take care of things that truly matter in your life... Like posting on the forums. ;-)

Im off to do some laundry, this game is my skooma!
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • jrketerryub17_ESO
    Can anyone tell me what time zone the post times are? I'm trying to figure out exactly when they said they took the servers down.
  • Darka
    Darka
    ✭✭
    Living in New Zealand, the maint has seen my play time limited to just one night so far lol
    Annoying, yes
    But ive played MMOs for years

No matter what the time it goes down its never going to be good for everyone
    The Defender Gaming Community Est 2006
    Juganoth - Late Night Gaming on Ebon Heart Pact/Wabbajack
    Social Guild of Older Gamers
    "To Those who walked before us
    You made us what we are
    To Those who come after us
    Let us give as good as we got."
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mate , only reason i liked the preorder copy is the power to create any race in any faction.

Cant beat that.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • bFunk
    bFunk
    It would have been nice to have been notified about this planned downtime on sunday when they already knew they would bring servers down for actual opening. I am rather surprised about Zenimax math though: how does 12 noon Sunday till 8 evening Thursday which includes downtime for maintenance to five day early-access. Let's face it, we're the guinea pigs of Zenimax, what with all the quest bugs, and work-arounds (logging-out/in), game crashes, floating, gfx glitches. Just hope the /bug command is appreciated by Z otherwise I will feel less incentivised to report a bug.
  • Raubrey
    Raubrey
    ✭✭✭
    While I think Zenimax could implement an improved communication system in-game and out, (e.g. We're taking the server down at X hour), as was pointed out a bit humorously (re: Vegas) this is not new. Yes, we were enticed to buy early access but it was us who pushed the buy button.

Just be grateful (so far) there has not been an EVE Online equivalent bug whereas your boot.ini file was wiped and you couldn't start your PC.

Relativity can help in frustrating times such as this. :wink:

Greybeards & Gals Founder
    greybeardsandgals.com
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Tarqueth wrote: »

Well yea, it could be, but I recommend being a responsible adult and taking care of "things that truly matter in your life" before playing a game.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Depechenova
    Depechenova
    ✭✭
    Am a little confused about the physical copy of the game, regarding the proper box copy of imperial.
    1. I wont be able to get the physical copy until fri. so will I still be able to play my imperial tonite and still access his bank stuff?
    2. Release isn't until 12.. tonight? that mean I cant play my imperial after 12?
    theres gonna be a gap until I pick it up?will I be locked out?
  • firehawk2324
    firehawk2324
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh! Maintenance? How dare they! Don't they know the early access people are more important than the rest of the world!? How dare they try to fix issues with the game before millions of people start flooding the servers! And who ever heard of a game doing maintenance anyway? This is just outrageous! My level 22 character won't stand for that!

But seriously, why is this even an issue? So they are doing maintenance. Big deal. Every MMO does maintenance. Especially on the day before release. There are so many quests that keep bugging out on people, halting their progress. Better they fix it now, than when they have the entire world trying to play, and complaining. The game will be there tomorrow. And the day after that. And the day after that.
    Why not? Something has to work. Once, I dug a pit and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? Doesn't matter. It didn't slow him down. To be honest, it wasn't the best idea. And it really began to smell. Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell bad. They taste of butter! And tears. - Sheogorath
  • zerolimits
    Every time I try to play the game, I cant because servers are down for maintenance. So, 5 days early got 3 days. 3 days early got a few hours. I think the servers did well on opening day. I mean everyone could login but that is the only thing that went well. The game is riddled with bugs. I give a quest line a 50% chance to have a bug in it, which relogging fixes. Sometimes the bug makes the quest undoable which is right up there with crash bugs in my book. I have never seen a game released with so many bugs.
  • firehawk2324
    firehawk2324
    ✭✭✭
    zerolimits wrote: »
    I have never seen a game released with so many bugs.
    Then you obviously haven't seen many games released. The unmentionable WoW was a terrible release. My husband got stuck on a zeppelin for a few hours. Every single game is going to have issues. You chose to preorder, so just deal with it and let the developers work through it.
    Why not? Something has to work. Once, I dug a pit and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? Doesn't matter. It didn't slow him down. To be honest, it wasn't the best idea. And it really began to smell. Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell bad. They taste of butter! And tears. - Sheogorath
  • Adlostman
    Adlostman
    Here is how it goes. Servers will come down frequently during the first few weeks after launch (including early access). They will find problems, they will fix problems. They will try to improve the gaming experience. They will optimize servers and network. This should be expected. it's not personal. They would love to have 100% uptime. It's is and will always be like this to more or lesser degrees with any big MMO launch. Now go take a nap.
  • RingobloodtheOld
    RingobloodtheOld
    ✭✭✭
    Am a little confused about the physical copy of the game, regarding the proper box copy of imperial.
    1. I wont be able to get the physical copy until fri. so will I still be able to play my imperial tonite and still access his bank stuff?
    2. Release isn't until 12.. tonight? that mean I cant play my imperial after 12?
    theres gonna be a gap until I pick it up?will I be locked out?

UR wrong Launch for US is 7pm on the 4-3-14, not 12 am 4-4-14.(https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4718/kw/time official launch)
    Server: NA/PC
    Holyringoblood (Altmer) Templer
    Torgrimmer (Breton) Templer
    Ringoblood (Nord) Dragonknight
    Ringobloodtheold (Dummer) Nightblade
  • zerolimits
    Then you obviously haven't seen many games released. The unmentionable WoW was a terrible release. My husband got stuck on a zeppelin for a few hours. Every single game is going to have issues. You chose to preorder, so just deal with it and let the developers work through it.

Lol please don't compare this game to a Blizzard game. I played wow the first week it opened. I don't remember a single bug taking my paladin from 1 to 60. I'm sorry your husband managed to find one. I did not. Don't get me wrong though. I love this game. I wouldn't be here otherwise. I stand by my comment that I have never seen a game released with so many bugs, and I have played a lot of games on release.

• firehawk2324
    firehawk2324
    ✭✭✭

Lol please don't compare this game to a Blizzard game. I played wow the first week it opened. I don't remember a single bug taking my paladin from 1 to 60. I'm sorry your husband managed to find one. I did not. Don't get me wrong though. I love this game. I wouldn't be here otherwise. I stand by my comment that I have never seen a game released with so many bugs, and I have played a lot of games on release.

Every single game has had problems at release. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. Congratulations on avoiding problems on the multitude of games that you have played. This however is common. And you need to calm down, and let the developers do their jobs. Read a book. Go for a walk. This isn't the end of the world.
  • fearzffs
    fearzffs
    Soul Shriven
    As a men with a stable job and a family I do somehow find time to play games. This is around 9 - 12 pm GMT +2 . Do you want to guess when they decide to take the servers down. Maybe if I were still a student or a kid this wouldn't bother me but those maintenances in the prime time are really getting me annoyed.