The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why bound armaments disappers and Merciless no?

RetPing
RetPing
✭✭✭✭✭
Why BA after 10 sec loses stacks and Merciless resolve no?
Can someone explain me the logic?

• SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it follows a trend
    Options
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    RetPing wrote: »

Yeah, I noticed this too after I started playing Nightblade. I wonder if I can get the same buff of 100 weapon and spell damage per stack on BA too?
    Options
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭
    yippu85apwb5.jpg

(yes, I cropped it in whatsapp)
    Edited by Vaqual on February 27, 2024 10:37AM
    Options
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    ujjgvbgnu30a.png
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RetPing wrote: »

Because it's not a night blade. The Night Blade class needs to be more hand-holding than other classes.
    Options
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug, only Magicka morph doesn't loose stack, the stamina one does. I reported this last September... Didn't get any answer from ZOS and the bug is still there 👀
    Options
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »
    It's a bug, only Magicka morph doesn't loose stack, the stamina one does. I reported this last September... Didn't get any answer from ZOS and the bug is still there 👀

It won't ever be fixed (or even commented on), NB is ZOS favourite child of all the classes, so don't expect anything to happen to fix this bug, even if its mass reported.
    Options
  • lostineternity
    lostineternity
    ✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »

It won't ever be fixed (or even commented on), NB is ZOS favourite child of all the classes, so don't expect anything to happen to fix this bug, even if its mass reported.

I see you know game very well. Can you please explain this?

meuietnpjszd.png

According to your logic warden is ZOS favourite child and only then NB.

p.s. jokes aside, nb in pve have been trash for years now
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

meuietnpjszd.png

What is the context for this table? Something with raid dps?

Edited by SkaraMinoc on March 5, 2024 9:45PM
    PC NA
    Options
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭

As a main templar, I stopped expecting thing from ZOS since U35 and U36...
    Options
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because Sorcs don't get cool stuff as always.
    Edited by merpins on March 5, 2024 11:19PM
    Options
  • ViggyBoi
    ViggyBoi
    Might just be a holdover from how they use to function, though I do wish that you could hold onto the stacks longer.
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    merpins wrote: »

You mean necromancer
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »

You mean necromancer

They put more effort on sorcerer than necromancer
    Options
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, the real question should be why do my sorcs BA hit for less than 1k each in PvP whilst my nightblade's Mercilous Resolve hits for 16k damage after mitigation? :D
    Edited by moderatelyfatman on March 6, 2024 5:21AM
    Options
  • lostineternity
    lostineternity
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

meuietnpjszd.png

What is the context for this table? Something with raid dps?

Number of players on each class + spec in trials, 90% or even more of magicka nightblades are healers, so DD nightblades are one of worst and unwanted class in trial, only wardens are worse. And you can compare top-1 and last one specialization, difference is like 500 times. I have never seen such a bad disbalance in any game. ZOS have no idea what to do with combat system (also they constantly ignoring constructive feedback) or they intentionaly doing this to encourage people to buy latest chapter and class.
    Options
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    [/quote]
    Number of players on each class + spec in trials, 90% or even more of magicka nightblades are healers, so DD nightblades are one of worst and unwanted class in trial, only wardens are worse. And you can compare top-1 and last one specialization, difference is like 500 times. I have never seen such a bad disbalance in any game. ZOS have no idea what to do with combat system (also they constantly ignoring constructive feedback) or they intentionaly doing this to encourage people to buy latest chapter and class.[/quote]

I agree. With the exception of the DK, all the older classes are in need of an overhaul.The game is not in as good a state as it was in 2-3 years ago.

I think ZOS needs to reestablish the Class Representation Program and get the combat dev team to interact with the community a lot more.
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean necromancer

They put more effort on sorcerer than necromancer

That's not hard to do.
    Options
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭
    The ever glowing effect was an unintended side effect from making the skill always active but I guess for some unknown reason they didn't want to fix it, now all nightblades look like ugly red torchbugs because the skill is a must have. :smile:
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry yall but I love the red glow. I hope I can have the option to keep it.
    Options
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I noticed this too after I started playing Nightblade. I wonder if I can get the same buff of 100 weapon and spell damage per stack on BA too?

And what is most silly, is that BA used to have similar bonus to wep and spell damage per dagger stacked, but it was removed in U35 with the explanation going like this:
    We're bringing this morph down to match a lot of the hybrid adjustments that the class has received. It was originally intended to help give Stamina Sorcerers a powerful option of a DPS skill since they couldn't use any of the other shiny abilities, such as Haunting Curse or Crystal Fragments. Now that those can be properly utilized on any build, this ability was enabling too much power that could be dumped at a moment’s notice when used in tandem with even just one of the others.

And after that, bound armaments are now, mechanically speaking just weaker version of merciless.
    Morvan wrote: »
    The ever glowing effect was an unintended side effect from making the skill always active but I guess for some unknown reason they didn't want to fix it, now all nightblades look like ugly red torchbugs because the skill is a must have. :smile:

Actually according to ZOS statements on these forums, it was very intended effect, despite the fact how inconsistent it is with other abilities that went through the same change in the same patch and did not get the permanent activation visual (Bound Armaments for example, had purplish mist around your torso when active, which got deleted with the change completely)
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trejgon wrote: »

And what is most silly, is that BA used to have similar bonus to wep and spell damage per dagger stacked, but it was removed in U35 with the explanation going like this:
    We're bringing this morph down to match a lot of the hybrid adjustments that the class has received. It was originally intended to help give Stamina Sorcerers a powerful option of a DPS skill since they couldn't use any of the other shiny abilities, such as Haunting Curse or Crystal Fragments. Now that those can be properly utilized on any build, this ability was enabling too much power that could be dumped at a moment’s notice when used in tandem with even just one of the others.

And after that, bound armaments are now, mechanically speaking just weaker version of merciless.
    Morvan wrote: »

Actually according to ZOS statements on these forums, it was very intended effect, despite the fact how inconsistent it is with other abilities that went through the same change in the same patch and did not get the permanent activation visual (Bound Armaments for example, had purplish mist around your torso when active, which got deleted with the change completely)

BA never gave weapon/spell damage. It gave % stamina basically since the first year, back when it was a toggle.
    1. It eventually got about 10% heavy attack damage added to it as a passive bonus, this was pretty big back in 2017 with the Morrowind update when Heavy Attack rotations were meta dps.
    2. It was changed from a toggle into a normal ability with passive benefits for slotting, the heavy attack damage bonus converted to a light attack damage bonus.
    3. When it changed from a block mitigation skill into an offensive skill that summons daggers based on light attacks, it kept the stamina/light attack bonus for slotting.
    4. With U35, they removed the light attack passive bonus AND nerfed the damage of the skill by 11%. It barely feels stronger than 1 cast of Rapid Strikes, especially in execute range due to DW passives. BA also has an incorrect 3% (st dot) status effect proc chance, even though it scales from st direct damage (10%).

Completely unwarranted nerfs because of Crystal Weapon being OP (nerfed) and a few broken sets from the time. This is back when every class was getting huge benefits from hybridization, including massive survivability which stam sorc never got. Stam NB, Stam Templar, Stam DK, etc, were now able to use their class burst heals and hots.

Stam Sorc to this day doesn't have the same capabilities, if we want to use Hardened Ward we need to build max HP, but good luck killing anything when all sets scale from weapon/spell damage to which we don't have a free 300 for slotting/using a skill effect.

If we want to use Encase, it costs 4860 magicka before Vamp and heals for 2700 instead of 3485-3600, 29-33% less than the standard used for NB's Healthy Offering, Templar's Breath of Life, etc. Which is fine, it's an aoe burst heal, that is the standard, Hardened Ward/Matriarch are our "burst heals" both of which we can't use as easily as other classes due to their designs.

In regards to their comments, I can concede to their point that Sorc has many delayed damage tools from Curse, Crystal Weapon/Frag, Fury, so I can see why BA can't hit as hard as Grim Focus.. however, why is it functionally worse in every single way? It should have the same ease of use, with less burst, but the same/more passive benefits.

Objectively worse in every way:
    1. BA doesn't hold stacks.
    2. The 0.3s delay on top of minimum projectile travel time gives more than a 1.2 to 1.5s window to avoid the ability with a dodge entirely. Grim focus has no delay, only travel time, so the counter window is about 0.2s in melee range.
    3. Grim Focus heals.
    4. Grim Focus gives 300-400 weapon/spell damage.

My fixes would be:
    1. Reliability = Reduce the delay per dagger or make them fire at the same time after a longer delay.
    2. Functionality = Allow stacks to never expire.
    3. Hybridization = Convert the 8% stamina into Major Savagery/prophecy. (Unless they add this somewhere else like an idea I had for it on Streak and Major Expedition on BOL).
    4. Passive power = Add 1% crit chance or 2% crit damage/healing per dagger.
    5. Auxiliary Effect = Something to the effect of healing in melee range like Grim Focus, but something different. I don't know.

BA is comparatively worse this patch as well because Stam Sorc's don't need to slot it for Expert Summoner's old 8% HP bonus. As a skill that enabled the 8% HP and 8% Stam, it felt worth it even if you didn't cast it.. now that you get 10% Stam/Mag for no pets, the skill only gives 8% Stam which I could live without. Haunting Curse is infinitely better and easier to use while still enabling the 20% Stam/HP Regen passive.

I only use BA on my pvp bow sorc builds where people don't notice me pelting them from the back, it's useless for melee, and even then, it basically never kills anything, it's just a bit stronger than a spammable like Crystal Weapon. I also still use Haunting Curse in these builds for guaranteed delayed burst.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on March 18, 2024 8:51PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭✭

BA never gave weapon/spell damage. It gave % stamina basically since the first year, back when it was a toggle.

Right, it was not flat wep/spell damage to everything, just boost to light attacks, my bad there.

Directly from U35 patch notes:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/615315/pc-mac-patch-notes-v8-1-5-lost-depths-dlc-update-35
    Bound Armaments (morph):
    Reduced the damage per hit of this ability by approximately 11%.
    This ability no longer passively increases your Light Attack damage.
    Completely unwarranted nerfs because of Crystal Weapon being OP (nerfed) and a few broken sets from the time. This is back when every class was getting huge benefits from hybridization, including massive survivability which stam sorc never got. Stam NB, Stam Templar, Stam DK, etc, were now able to use their class burst heals and hots.

Since I started playing long after U35, i cannot comment much on how warranted or not it was, what I can tell is that in my learning journey, I found all the "fixes" to crystal weps ending up making them mildly annoying to use. And the moment where I found out that nightblades have bound armaments but better, and two morphs of it to boot, was a big "are you kidding me?" moment. This realization prompted further investigation that concluded with finding out, that for all I was doing on my sorc back then, nightblade could do it better,

Ironically enough with recent changes, what I was doing on sorc back then, nightblade can do even better now.
    Hybridization = Convert the 8% stamina into Major Savagery/prophecy.
    That alone would be enough to get me slot it in again tbh. But as it is right now, I prefer having aegis for passive buffs instead.
    Options