Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Earthbone Ayleid armor style feedback

ThelerisTelvanni
ThelerisTelvanni
✭✭✭
I'd like to give some feedback on the Earthbone Ayleid armor style that will be a reward in the Anniversary Jubilee.

First lets have some screenshots of the set, so everyone knows what we are talking about. The weapons are from the Silyanorn Aylied style.

Front:
esn8t5swj4by.png

Side:
nbnnd2s0hngy.png

Back:
vf31m7xwsf54.png

First of all I have to admint that I did not see a lot of lore about these specific Aylieds. From the look of it, I'd asume the have relatives in Valenwood, they are Aylieds that did flee to Valenwood or they are Bosmer that have Aylied roots. Of cause there are other explenations as well, for example a connection to a deadric prince they whorshiped.

However I personally was hoping for a somewhat different style, when I was whishing for Aylied styles in the past. I realy liked the Silyanorn Aylied weapons we got in the past as well as the Nenalata Aylied mounts. I was hoping for something more in line with that.

I am currently using this setup to get close to an Aylied style. But it is of cause not perfect.
mt51t4gb5xs6.png

I personally hope to get more classic elegant Aylied styles with the upcoming Gold Road chapter, since the Earthbone Ayleid armor style for me at least feels more like a Bosmer set right now.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would LOVE a Nenalata Ayleid style or motif! I’ve been hoping to see more in an Ayleid theme since the next chapter announcement! 🥺
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can barley make them pictures out, next time please zoom in closer.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a zoomed shot of the style:
    1mtdihcpfg0e.png
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That actually looks pretty cool.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like bosmeri crossover with wood orcs to me, but definitely not ayleid.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll definitely skip this one. I do not know much about Ayleid lore, but this is definitely NOT what comes to mind when I think Ayleid.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd dress up like a doorway any day
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd dress up like a doorway any day

If you stood kinda crooked, you'd be a jar. (ajar)

Ta-dum-tsh!
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This style is really nice! The skull helmet looks amazing on beast races. Good job to whoever designed it.
  • McMasterx
    McMasterx
    ✭✭✭
    I'll definitely skip this one. I do not know much about Ayleid lore, but this is definitely NOT what comes to mind when I think Ayleid.

It does kinda look like what an Ayleid living in Valenwood would wear to fit in though. The clothing is refined, but the bones are Bosmeri.
    Pc/Na
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McMasterx wrote: »

It does kinda look like what an Ayleid living in Valenwood would wear to fit in though. The clothing is refined, but the bones are Bosmeri.

Right many Ayleid fled to Valenwood, I think it's the lorebook in Frog Cave which goes into it.

But also there is something of Wyrd Witches venerating the Earthbones, I think perhaps the style refers to these Witches?

Edited by Urzigurumash on February 19, 2024 3:47PM
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭

Sorry I forgot that you cannot simply zoom in the picture. Glad someone else already postet a zoomed in version.

Never said that is loocking bad. It just does not give me the vibes I expect from an Aylied set.

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry I forgot that you cannot simply zoom in the picture. Glad someone else already postet a zoomed in version.

Never said that is loocking bad. It just does not give me the vibes I expect from an Aylied set.

See my comment about the Wyrd Witch veneration of the Ehlnofey, I think the style is thematically sensible.

I think it's quite nice too, there's been not too many "primal" styles from gold pages, the recent Y'ffree one was also nice.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mtdihcpfg0e.png

Wow, I would never have guessed that was supposed to be an Ayleid style! :/
    Really ugly too.

That pretty well describes it, actually.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1mtdihcpfg0e.png

Wow, I would never have guessed that was supposed to be an Ayleid style! :/
    Really ugly too.

That pretty well describes it, actually.

Yeah, I really like the style for what it is, it's a good style, but not as an Ayleid style
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt feel ayleid, looks cool though regardless
    Edited by Aliyavana on February 19, 2024 9:44PM
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭

See my comment about the Wyrd Witch veneration of the Ehlnofey, I think the style is thematically sensible.

I think it's quite nice too, there's been not too many "primal" styles from gold pages, the recent Y'ffree one was also nice.

Well I took a look into a lore wiki.

Articel Link: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ehlnofey

Acording to the articel I think the Earthboes/Ehlnofey are what the races of man and mere have decendet from. Yes it also connects with Y'ffre since it also referes to those that became the laws of nature. Kind of strange for both to be considered Earthboes/Ehlnofey. I feel like I missread something or someone misstyped something there.

The biggest connection to the Aylieds I see is the prevalence of the Ehlnofex language surviving in the Aylied language to a bigger extend than elswhere. That Aside I see no particular reason as to why it is called "Earthbone Ayleid armor" or why it has literal bones on it that I'd asociate more with the Bosmer and an Y'ffre cult to be honest.

Repeating myself: To me this syle does not particualy scream Aylied and I'd have expected something else for an Aylied style.

That beeing said I'd love to know what the deves were thinking comig up with that name and designe.