The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Potent nirncrux value will be zero after this event

RetPing
RetPing
✭✭✭✭✭
title
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean price. Value is not affected.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. More players having easier access to it can only mean more people with access to "endgame" weapon traits, which should raise that pop a little and make things easier for players who want to the do the content.

Short term problem that reaps long term benefits.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why would nirncrux price go down?
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. Its gonna dip briefly, go up, dip again during anniversary when it drops like candy, then slowly go up again over the course of the year.

As is tradition.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

You will have almost infinite transmute by reconstructing one item at 12 transumte and deconning it for 25 transmute.
    Then you change some trash weapon trait to nirnhoned and deconstruct it, about 70% of getting a potent nircrux
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RetPing wrote: »

You will have almost infinite transmute by reconstructing one item at 12 transumte and deconning it for 25 transmute.
    Then you change some trash weapon trait to nirnhoned and deconstruct it, about 70% of getting a potent nircrux

Sounds like a lot of effort and risk of exploiting, not enough to crash the entire market. Even if people did this, they’d probably try to keep prices up using market manipulation.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • ValarMorghulis1896
    ValarMorghulis1896
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

During the event the production cost for set items is 12 transmute gems. Scrapping it gives you 25 gems back. This causes transmute infinitely duplicateable. Doing this with set items with nirncrux... well...
    I really hope ZOS will fix this exploit asap.
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE.” Terry Pratchett
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortified Nirncrux cost about 2k but why Potent Nirncrux is 100k a piece? Worse, I have seen in TTC that several people sells them in batch of 10 from the very same account for about 4 to 5 listings in the same guild. That's make think they should know some way to dupe them and ZOS have done nothing to ban those cheaters. I have spent a whole day in Craglorn trying to get at least just one of these and got nothing. While everyday I see those accounts continue to list those 10 item batchs.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Fortified Nirncrux cost about 2k but why Potent Nirncrux is 100k a piece? Worse, I have seen in TTC that several people sells them in batch of 10 from the very same account for about 4 to 5 listings in the same guild. That's make think they should know some way to dupe them and ZOS have done nothing to ban those cheaters. I have spent a whole day in Craglorn trying to get at least just one of these and got nothing. While everyday I see those accounts continue to list those 10 item batchs.

Fortified is sourced from trials too, I get probably 10 a week.

Nirnhoned weapon drops from trials seem to be more rare than body.

I would expect that most of the ones you see are flippers selling them - they buy them cheap then sell them high.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nirnhoned is often BiS on the main hand weapon in dual wield (never use it on the offhand). It is not BiS for much of anything on armor.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can’t just keep printing off Nirncrux, it was a one and done event, and it’s already patched, meaning West Coast didn’t get to participate at all.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrant_Tim wrote: »
    They can’t just keep printing off Nirncrux, it was a one and done event, and it’s already patched, meaning West Coast didn’t get to participate at all.

The rest of the event is still on. The exploit got patched. Many people throughout NA were at work as well; the timing didn't solely exclude people on the West Coast. But to be honest I'm glad I wasn't able to get on and therefore have to worry about whether taking advantage of the unintended crystal return would have resulted in action on my account.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Directly farming them is about a 4:1 ratio of fortified to potent. Plus the fact that nirn trait is used almost exclusively on weapons drives the price higher.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect most of people who printed transmutes earlier were also already sitting on hundreds of potent nirn so it's unlikely to be an issue that affects the sale price of the 5 or however many you have saved.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the only reason potent nirn is still high is a combination of restricted sourcing and essentially the lack of a need for mat inventory management.
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭✭

During the event the production cost for set items is 12 transmute gems. Scrapping it gives you 25 gems back. This causes transmute infinitely duplicateable. Doing this with set items with nirncrux... well...
    I really hope ZOS will fix this exploit asap.

How can you reconstruct spending only 12 transmute gems?
    I was really happy for this event, it was an opportunity to prepare a new build but it doesn't seem to be working in my account.

Do I need to do something first to be able to get the 50% reduction in transmutes or is it only for ESO+?

I don't have ESO+, maybe that's the problem. Can you confirm? I'm not understanding anything about this event.
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    To get potent nirn you gotta transmute a piece which was looted,which during event costs 25 crytals,instead of 50and it don't work on reconstructed items.Also I think they they turned off the use 12 transmutes and get 25 back earlier,now it back to normal.
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭✭
    To get potent nirn you gotta transmute a piece which was looted,which during event costs 25 crytals,instead of 50and it don't work on reconstructed items.Also I think they they turned off the use 12 transmutes and get 25 back earlier,now it back to normal.

oh! I see. So the event was canceled?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeoniKa wrote: »

The reduction of reconstruction cost was only one perk of the event. The rest of the event is still functional.
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

The reduction of reconstruction cost was only one perk of the event. The rest of the event is still functional.

That was the most attractive thing in the even for players without ESO+ and very limited transmutes. Sad. It's the basically the same as canceled. :(

Edited by NeoniKa on February 15, 2024 11:08PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That was the most attractive thing in the even for players without ESO+ and very limited transmutes. Sad. It's the basically the same as canceled. :(

Some players do feel that way, and I understand the feeling. Personally I think it’s disappointing this issue wasn’t caught and a good solution found before going live. I’m sorry this aspect of the event had to be removed outright. But other players can and do see value in the other perks too, and they’re entitled to enjoy what’s left.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I jumped my Arcanist to 50 enchanting during this event. Had been meaning to do it anyway but it was less hassle than doing it prior. Also got a couple of master writs done that were worth doing, so I'm glad for that as well.
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last time we had an event like this and prices were supposed to go down they doubled within three months and have been going up non-stop.
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭✭

Some players do feel that way, and I understand the feeling. Personally I think it’s disappointing this issue wasn’t caught and a good solution found before going live. I’m sorry this aspect of the event had to be removed outright. But other players can and do see value in the other perks too, and they’re entitled to enjoy what’s left.

I also thought about taking advantage of the increased drops from harvest nodes as an incentive to do some surveys I have stored on the bank, but it doesn't seem to be working also. I only did it a couple of alchemist surveys and got the usual number of items from harvest nodes. But I'll try later a few more times. Maybe it's random.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I also thought about taking advantage of the increased drops from harvest nodes as an incentive to do some surveys I have stored on the bank, but it doesn't seem to be working also. I only did it a couple of alchemist surveys and got the usual number of items from harvest nodes. But I'll try later a few more times. Maybe it's random.

Event bonuses have never increased survey node yield. That's not new. Plentiful Harvest does work on them, though.
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭✭

Event bonuses have never increased survey node yield. That's not new. Plentiful Harvest does work on them, though.

Oh! Ok. Nice to know, so I'll just stop trying. :smiley:
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh! Ok. Nice to know, so I'll just stop trying. :smiley:

Yeah, events are going to increase:

-yield from regular nodes (not surveys)
    -mat drops from creatures (like leather scraps, alchemy reagents, provisioning meats, style mats, etc.) - I know the event page says this doesn't work, but it absolutely does
    -psijic portal drops (and Hakeijo can still be gotten, at least from DLC zones like Blackwood and Skyrim)

I haven't found any other sources it works on yet. I've tested various coffers/loot containers (reward boxes, Tideholm box, Remains-Silent's satchel, heavy sacks, backpacks/urns, giant clams, Thieves Troves, insects, etc.).
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Directly farming them is about a 4:1 ratio of fortified to potent. Plus the fact that nirn trait is used almost exclusively on weapons drives the price higher.

^^^ This.

I'm not certain how the drops work, but I think that Potent Nirncrux drops from resource nodes for materials that can be used to make weapons-- namely ore for Blacksmithing and logs for Woodworking-- whereas Fortified Nirncrux drops from resource nodes for materials that can be used to make armor-- namely plants for Clothing, ore for Blacksmithing, and logs for Woodworking. Fortified Nirncrux also has a chance to drop from animals that can drop leather scraps, used to make armor.

So not only does Fortified Nirncrux potentially drop from twice as many sources as Potent Nirncrux (four versus two), but the possible sources for Potent Nirncrux are split between a chance to drop either Potent Nirncrux or Fortified Nirncrux. You can sometimes get one of each, but that's only if you have the CP perk that gives a chance for "increased yield" (double draws) from nodes, or if an event is on which grants guaranteed double draws from nodes.

That's why Potent Nirncrux is rarer than Fortified Nirncrux, and thus more costly at guild traders.

Fun fact: Seams for Jewelry materials are treated the same as ore for Blacksmithing as far as nirncrux is concerned, even though Nirnhoned is not one of the possible traits for Jewelry, since those two types of resource nodes share the same locations-- that is, every node which was originally (before the introduction of Jewelry crafting) designed to be exclusively for ore now has a chance to spawn either as a seam for Jewelry or as ore for Blacksmithing. I have personally gotten both a Potent Nirncrux and a Fortified Nirncrux at the same time from harvesting a Jewelry seam.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

^^^ This.

I'm not certain how the drops work, but I think that Potent Nirncrux drops from resource nodes for materials that can be used to make weapons-- namely ore for Blacksmithing and logs for Woodworking-- whereas Fortified Nirncrux drops from resource nodes for materials that can be used to make armor-- namely plants for Clothing, ore for Blacksmithing, and logs for Woodworking. Fortified Nirncrux also has a chance to drop from animals that can drop leather scraps, used to make armor.

So not only does Fortified Nirncrux potentially drop from twice as many sources as Potent Nirncrux (four versus two), but the possible sources for Potent Nirncrux are split between a chance to drop either Potent Nirncrux or Fortified Nirncrux. You can sometimes get one of each, but that's only if you have the CP perk that gives a chance for "increased yield" (double draws) from nodes, or if an event is on which grants guaranteed double draws from nodes.

That's why Potent Nirncrux is rarer than Fortified Nirncrux, and thus more costly at guild traders.

Fun fact: Seams for Jewelry materials are treated the same as ore for Blacksmithing as far as nirncrux is concerned, even though Nirnhoned is not one of the possible traits for Jewelry, since those two types of resource nodes share the same locations-- that is, every node which was originally (before the introduction of Jewelry crafting) designed to be exclusively for ore now has a chance to spawn either as a seam for Jewelry or as ore for Blacksmithing. I have personally gotten both a Potent Nirncrux and a Fortified Nirncrux at the same time from harvesting a Jewelry seam.

I am not sure about potent only coming from wood and ore, I was pretty sure it could come from cloth as well. I’ll have to notice the next time I farm some. I don’t get around to doing that as much as a I used to.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potent and Fortified Nirncrux ALL come from the same sources. Which, I believe, is "not alchemy nodes, but woodworking, blacksmithing, tailoring, enchanting and jewelrycrafting".

However, Fortified Nirncrux is more common than Potent Nirncrux. I do not know *how* much more common, but I've seen it said as "1 in 4 chance of Potent", which suggests that Fortified is THREE times more common than Potent.

BUT, when it comes to actual USAGE of construction...

There are 22 possible things that could need Fortified nirncrux for research. 7 kinds of Light armour, 7 kinds of Medium armour, 7 kinds of heavy armour, and Shields.
    And there are 12 possible things that need Potent nirncrux for research. 7 kinds of metal weapon, and 5 kinds of wooden weapon.

Given that, in the majority of cases, the amount of Nirnhoned that any given account, or at best a given character, actually needs, is "one of each type, to research the style with", because Nirnhoned armour really isn't that great, and even Nirnhoned weapons are not always regarded as the best trait... If the game actually provides 3x as much Fortified as Potent nirncrux, but in the end, the ratio actually used is less than 2x as much... Then there is a LOT less demand for Fortified than for Potent.

Even less if you're going by what people actually use, which is "1 or 2 weapons and 0 armour", and don't bother to learn the traits for the bits they don't use.

Hence the price difference.