Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26
We will be performing maintenance for patch 9.3.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC).

Why are you doubling down on removing the most used ability in Necro's kit?

CameraBeardThePirate
CameraBeardThePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The Stalking modifier is the only thing that keeps Necro competitive in PvP. Tons and tons of feedback was given this PTS cycle on the necro changes, and instead of listening, you doubled down.

The diseased proc is not going to be enough to offset that. I'm flabbergasted that you took the only skill nearly every necromancer used, and completely removed it from the game, despite so many players expressing their disapproval.

Sacrifice still deletes ranged corpse gen too - no fix for that either?

This is still a huge nerf to Necros in both PvE and PvP. If nothing else, either give Blighted the old Stalking modifier or allow it to keep the base buff from Sacrificial Bones.
Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on February 13, 2024 12:01AM
  • Tinkerhorn
    Tinkerhorn
    Soul Shriven
    It's a shame, was very much hoping they'd dump blighted for stalking or just give the modifier which would have been an alright 2nd best.
    I either completely reform my necro plus playstyle and mourn the one I enjoyed, or simply forsake the necro altogether which to be honest is the only real sensible answer for PvP. That's my favourite class redundant and heaven knows it was an effort trying to keep it going. Not pleased.
    Edited by Tinkerhorn on February 12, 2024 6:09PM
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How fun some spells are to use and the identity of a class are aspects of combat that are not captured by spreadsheets. Spreadsheet-based balance is what we have seen in the past few years.
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brandsnipe wrote: »
    Agree. My necro will just act as a storage space for gear at this point

Yup, my necro will be my master crafter/mule now I guess. Can't wait to abuse nightblade and sorcerer in pvp soon
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos gave me a reason to buy a name change and re-name my Mag Necro to "Craftomancer"
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • brandsnipe
    brandsnipe
    ✭✭✭
    Remiem wrote: »
    They couldn't even be arsed to give Blighted a dynamic cost...
    Whatever, I'll check back in a couple months with Gold Road and if nothing is done again (or worse, if ZOS have another great idea like the new Stalking BB) I'll just move on from ESO.

Agree, i'm just gonna get on for daily rewards and thats it. Gonna cut off my ESO+ and look for another game, maybe ashes of creation?
    Edited by brandsnipe on February 12, 2024 6:34PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta try. Either way, they could ignore everything else I said and just do:

Blighted Blastbones = Dynamic Cost + Stalking Damage modifier.

Fixed. Then Sacrificial Bones can be the morph everyone ignores for 3 years before they do something decent with it.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Deimus
    Deimus
    ✭✭
    I've only played casually some events (gotta get my anniversary cake) and ESO+ weekends since 2022. Blackwood was the last chapter I bought and Greymoor was the last one I was excited for. I've been playing more since I heard about Scribing and I'm excited for the direction of the game for the first time in years.

The ability to alter skills to shore up the weak points in my kit and customize their appearance to closer match my head-cannon had me hyped for my vamp magcro. I was anticipating this to be the year I reactive my ESO+, buy the new chapter, and play more consistently again, but if they're going to ignore all the feedback from their player base and bulldoze through I'm keeping the status quo.
  • lunaslide
    lunaslide
    ✭✭✭
    brandsnipe wrote: »
    Agree. My necro will just act as a storage space for gear at this point

I already started mothballing both of mine as mules from week one. No matter what feedback was given, they weren't going to rethink the change.
  • sh4d0wh4z3
    sh4d0wh4z3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta try. Either way, they could ignore everything else I said and just do:

Blighted Blastbones = Dynamic Cost + Stalking Damage modifier.

Fixed. Then Sacrificial Bones can be the morph everyone ignores for 3 years before they do something decent with it.

That suggestion was given on Day 1 of PTS. We're now on Day 15 and their manatee pen only managed to select the diseased on blighted blastbones idea ball and drop it into necro combine
  • brandsnipe
    brandsnipe
    ✭✭✭

Lmao
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS is just slapping necromancers in the face at this point.

Funny thing is I read what others and myself are asking for, just as a minimum, and it’s not even remotely hard. Old stalking multiplier on Blighted and a sticky dot.
  • necro_the_crafter
    you dont understand guys, new blastbones feels better on a lightning staff heavy-attack build
  • necro_the_crafter
    Id like them to change blighted too, so I have the option to run blue one or green one for my 20% dot buff
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=5464979
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    The backlash from all the players who don't know or care about the PTS and will find out on patch day that their #1 skill is gone will be something to behold.

Oh yeah it will be, I remember when update 35 hit live, and all the templars in game were like "what the hell is wrong with my jabs?"

:D

Oh that's hilarious, too bad I quit that patch. I can't imagine how fun it would have been for everyone to also look at their timers to realize their recasting their 20-30s dots 10-15s too early.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit