The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your favorite Radiant Apex in the game.

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RetPing wrote: »
    IMO radiant apex are almost all horrible, they have turned this game in some flashy korean mmo.
    I would be very happy to have to toggle to not see those abominations and to have a little immersion in the game.

Totally agree. I have 2 radiant apexes and 2 apex and never use any but only ever use regular mounts. I don’t like the flashiness or animations and I don’t think it fits with the ESO world or aesthetic
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only radiant apex I've ever received in a crate opening was the Hollowjack Wraith-Lantern Steed, which I don't like because it removes your character's head. Occasionally, I use it around the Witches Festival, but that's about it. Usually, I'm happy if I just get lucky with a regular crate-themed apex mount.

There are a lot of radiant apex mounts I like, and I've been tempted to buy some with endeavors. However, I can't justify spending that much unless I know exactly which character will use it and I prefer it to her current mount. I liked both the Reefstrider Ornaug and Harvestleaf Lynx a lot when their crown store images were datamined, but the animations didn't do it for me. The glow bugs, in particular, didn't fit my Maormer, who prefers the wide open seas to caverns. Fortunately, the Shallowstalker Ornaug appeared on the scene soon after, and that one is perfect for her.

The Solstheim Shiver Wolf looked a little strange to me when the image was datamined, but I actually really like it in game. It would make a great mount for my Snow Elf, especially with her new blue hair and the matching pet, so this might be the first time I actually spend endeavors on a radiant apex mount. I'm 90% sold on it right now.

I'll also say that I was intrigued by the Random Favorite Mount option when I first heard about it. I could see myself collecting themed mounts for each of my characters and so having more reason to buy radiant apex ones. However, since it turned out to be an account-wide feature, it is practically useless to me. Oh well, I guess it saves me the money.
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also someone who's not really into the excessiveness of flashy mounts. But I think the Cursebound Lichsteed is actually very nicely designed. It's a bit of a monstrousity so looking at it conceptually is jarring, but I think it's a beautifully designed special mount for a necromancer. The colors are great and it has appropriate flare.

I would love the Welkynd-Born Courser if it didn't have the weird blue mist all over its body. I just love the turquoise color of welkynd stones and metal grating designs of ayleid stuff. If this mount was just a normal horse with the welkynd style armor, it'd be the only radiant I'd get
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Welkynd-Born_Courser

other than the Psijic Spectral Steed, which is the only non-generic mount any of my characters uses. My character who uses this mount is a conjuror mage who specializes in ghosts and spirits, and I always headcanoned her to have a conjurable ghost mount. The normal ghost horse would've also worked for her but the Spectral Steed is ''free'' because of endeavors and the ghost horse has always cost crowns.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    Options
  • thecatsme0w
    thecatsme0w
    ✭✭✭
    The Nebulous Starsteed from the Celestial Crates. I love it so much.
    thecatsme0w
    PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 4 short of that goal.
    Options
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only one I've ever received in a crate - the Galvanic Storm Steed. It couldn't have been more perfect for my lightning Sorc called Rides-The- Lightning.
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
    Options
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psijic horse will be the number one that I actually have.

I also loved the Bear, Lynx and Elk from the stonelord crates very much, but sadly did not get them.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine used to be the Shadow-Rider Senche. However, they have changed it and made the eyes glow so brightly, that they actually glow THROUGH the body of the player. I don't know why they changed it, it seems to have been an 'across the board' change to all mount eye glow- they increase the brightness... but on some mounts it made it horribly bright.

My new favorite is the Soulrazer Senche mount. It works very well for my Frostden character along with the Nerien'eth weapons.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options