The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

March Crown store prediction.

• Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LunaFlora wrote: »

new crates are in new updates so they can only be released after it's been fully released on all platforms thus for the next crates it can only be after 26 March.

and All Maker crates are kinda different as most q4 crates have released around 8 December.
    it's December, March, June, September for new crates usually.

the same months as we get our equinox and solstice seasons.

But as q4 updates usually release in November the crates can release way before the real season change.

I see and I guess that makes sense. But still coming up for 15 odd weeks for new crates. How insanely dull!

ZzZzZ

Though I did notice that historically some crates were around for a rather mundane 16 weeks (in the case of Wild Hunt crates) when they first aired, whereas others were only around for half that time at a measly 8 weeks (Reaper's Harvest) on their first showing.

Absurd ;)

Much like two years plus waiting for the return of the Frost Atronach Crates!

Edited by Shara_Wynn on March 3, 2024 10:24AM
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    March crown store preview just dropped and...

No returning crates? No crates mentioned at all. How strange, I wonder if this means anything.

Edit: NVM, I guess it's not so abnormal. September didn't show crates either. Too bad though; wish they'd rotate more old ones in.

Edited by MoonPile on February 29, 2024 7:41PM
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoonPile wrote: »
    March crown store preview just dropped and...

No returning crates? No crates mentioned at all. How strange, I wonder if this means anything.

likely means we are getting a lot of crown crates in April.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it's very rare for there to both be returning crates and new crates in the same month.

but keep in mind the Sovngarde crates are in the store till March 14. that's 2 weeks of the month.

and new crates will probably arrive 27-29 March.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    Wow we aren't getting the next season of crates, or any returning crates in March? Hmmm. Also surprised only 1 mask page is dropping (Spawn of Mephala). The music boxes are cool. And the wait for Frost atro crates & Baron Zaudrus mask continues....

I did predict the Abyssal Bunny and Molten Demise arms pack (forgot to put the latter in my predictions).
    Edit: at least if the crates are next month, then there should be a crown sale with it?
    Edited by VisitHammerfell on February 29, 2024 7:49PM
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow we aren't getting the next season of crates, or any returning crates in March? Hmmm. Also surprised only 1 mask page is dropping (Spawn of Mephala). The music boxes are cool. And the wait for Frost atro crates & Baron Zaudrus mask continues....

I did predict the Abyssal Bunny and Molten Demise arms pack (forgot to put the latter in my predictions).
    Edit: at least if the crates are next month, then there should be a crown sale with it?

new Crate seasons are not in Crown Store Showcases.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh well. I do appreciate a slower month - a breather to recoup some endeavors and Plus crowns! (YMMV of course.)

I guess April may be a big drain.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :/
    ->--Willow--<-
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭

Huh. I guess I never noticed that. The returning bundles from earlier in 2023 were in the December showcase so maybe had been thinking of that.Gotta do my writs to trade for the bundle then!
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭

Huh. I guess I never noticed that. The returning bundles from earlier in 2023 were in the December showcase so maybe had been thinking of that.Gotta do my writs to trade for the bundle then!

Yeah, by the looks of it: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/category/crown-store?page=2
    With rare exceptions, they have a pattern of announcing new crates in the last 10 days of the month, with the announcement being a couple of days before the crates swap. If the pattern holds I'd think that means the new series will come at the end of March, or first couple days of April.
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having to chose, would you buy the Sovngarde Sabre Cat (not radiant) or the Stonelore Lynx (not the radiant)?

I was waiting for the lynx as I always skipped the Sovngarde due to the sound, but this time it seems less annoying to me so I'm undecided if it's worth giving up on the lynx since we don't even know when it will return - the wait could be 'til 2025.
    Edited by SkaiFaith on March 1, 2024 8:19AM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaiFaith wrote: »
    Having to chose, would you buy the Sovngarde Sabre Cat (not radiant) or the Stonelore Lynx (not the radiant)?

I was waiting for the lynx as I always skipped the Sovngarde due to the sound, but this time it seems less annoying to me so I'm undecided if it's worth giving up on the lynx since we don't even know when it will return - the wait could be 'til 2025.

For me personally, I would wait. I waited 2 years for a particular crate season with the mount I wanted to come back, and it was really worth it to me.

Yeah, the Stonelore crates were a recent crate season, so they might not be back for a while. But I would say it's better to wait to get the exact cat that you want instead of settling for a cat you might not like as much (especially if you worry the sound might annoy you over time).

I would say only get the current cat if you absolutely MUST have a cat mount right now. Otherwise, I would wait. I know what it's like to have gems burning a hole in your pocket, but it's so worth it to get exactly what you want.
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on March 1, 2024 5:44PM
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

For me personally, I would wait. I waited 2 years for a particular crate season with the mount I wanted to come back, and it was really worth it to me.

Yeah, the Stonelore crates were a recent crate season, so they might not be back for a while. But I would say it's better to wait to get the exact cat that you want instead of settling for a cat you might not like as much (especially if you worry the sound might annoy you over time).

I would say only get the current cat if you absolutely MUST have a cat mount right now. Otherwise, I would wait. I know what it's like to have gems burning a hole in your pocket, but it's so worth it to get exactly what you want.

I ended up buying the golden cat and I'm in the mindset to give up the Stonelore one... The sadness is to see your Seals dropping from 12.000 to 4.000 - it hurts a bit knowing it will take time, and your efforts go away so fast.

At the moment I'm happy with my purchase. We'll see if regret comes in case Stonelore suddenly drop.
    Thanks for the reply btw! :)
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

I ended up buying the golden cat and I'm in the mindset to give up the Stonelore one... The sadness is to see your Seals dropping from 12.000 to 4.000 - it hurts a bit knowing it will take time, and your efforts go away so fast.

At the moment I'm happy with my purchase. We'll see if regret comes in case Stonelore suddenly drop.
    Thanks for the reply btw! :)

No problem! :)

Have fun with your new cat mount!