Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Things that turn away a lot of players

ixthUA
ixthUA
✭✭✭✭✭
1. Constant inventory space management. It's not fun to clean inventory every day.
2. Speed runners in random group dungeons. If someone wants to do the quest - they cant with random team. And social interaction, the point of MMO, is negative.
3. Long queues for non-support roles. Its not fun to wait at least 10-15 minutes for queue pop.
These things are tolerable, but there are other MMOs that dont have these problems. Unless ESO solves them, it will keep losing players.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KS_Amt38 wrote: »
    They already implemented the solution for nr. 2: Group finder.

I suspect that people get turned away before they find Group Finder.

They should remove the existing random dungeon queue system and force that path through Group Finder by default. Then it would be a solution for #2. Until then, it is a candidate for "10 things they never tell you about ESO". :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ixthUA wrote: »
    1. Constant inventory space management. It's not fun to clean inventory every day.
    2. Speed runners in random group dungeons. If someone wants to do the quest - they cant with random team. And social interaction, the point of MMO, is negative.
    3. Long queues for non-support roles. Its not fun to wait at least 10-15 minutes for queue pop.
    These things are tolerable, but there are other MMOs that dont have these problems. Unless ESO solves them, it will keep losing players.

1. I totally think that if the PersonalAssistant addon was added to the base game it would help immensely. That addon revolutionized my playing.
    2. Vet queue is fine, normal is not. That said, there’s been many suggestions to resolve this such as solo queue, increase transmute rewards elsewhere, increase transmute for vet…
    3. Honestly, my dps queues have been like 5 minutes. I don’t know what happened but they used to be ~20 minutes.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    No support for Cyrodiil PvP has caused 4/5ths of my friends list to stop logging on in recent years.

What does "no support for Cyrodiil PVP" mean? Someone, please tell me.

Last night, I tried to join my guild in Cyro at 45 minutes ahead of our planned start time. I queued 71st. With a few minutes to go before the start of the event, I was... 71st. I see people complain that PVP sucks, or that ZOS doesn't "understand" or "care" about PVP, or -- my favorite -- that no one plays it any more, and they need to combine the instances just to have some people to play against. Yet my experience is that it is CRUSHINGLY popular.

So, anyone: how can the opinions on PVP in this game be so WILDLY divergent. Not as a matter of taste, but as a matter of fact? How does one group find it so utterly neglected and barren that they should just remove it, when my experience (PC NA) is such that it's so popular, you need to queue HOURS ahead of when you actually want to get in? From my point of view, it's like the old quote, "No one goes to ball games any more; it's too crowded."
    Edited by dk_dunkirk on February 3, 2024 6:05PM
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭

decon assistant, banking assistant and merchant assistant.

With the decon lady, I no longer need to enter my own house several times a day. It just costed a lot...

dk_dunkirk wrote: »
    Last night, I tried to join my guild in Cyro at 45 minutes ahead of our planned start time. I queued 71st. With a few minutes to go before the start of the event, I was... 71st. I see people complain that PVP sucks, or that ZOS doesn't "understand" or "care" about PVP, or -- my favorite -- that no one plays it any more, and they need to combine the instances just to have some people to play against. Yet my experience is that it is CRUSHINGLY popular.

Please come to EU server! We need you here.
    Edited by moo_2021 on February 3, 2024 7:40PM
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭

dk_dunkirk wrote: »
    No support for Cyrodiil PvP has caused 4/5ths of my friends list to stop logging on in recent years.

What does "no support for Cyrodiil PVP" mean? Someone, please tell me.

So, anyone: how can the opinions on PVP in this game be so WILDLY divergent. Not as a matter of taste, but as a matter of fact? How does one group find it so utterly neglected and barren that they should just remove it, when my experience (PC NA) is such that it's so popular, you need to queue HOURS ahead of when you actually want to get in? From my point of view, it's like the old quote, "No one goes to ball games any more; it's too crowded."

I would not use queues as a measure.

My wife and I try to PVP together. If we queue as the two of us, it NEVER pops. We can wait hours and nothing will pop.

So we queue solo and try to get in together, of course this rarely works if my queues even pop.

Last night for example. I had queued for a Battleground. I was about on my 8th minute mark. She queued 8 minutes later, same level, queued as DPS like I did and she got into one within a minute. She finished her match. Mine never popped.

So I dropped queue and queued again. Same thing happened.

As far as numbers in queue....who knows. I know in new world their could be 500 people on the server and I would get a queue saying I was 1000 something in place...except the servers hold 2000 people. I can't say if the same happens here, but overall I just don't trust it.

Now what I CAN tell you, is that the population for Battlegrounds is insanely small. This is deduced through the fact that when I do get in, I see the same people over and over, day in and day out regardless of time of day (I work for myself from home and I can end up playing at any given hour).

If the population was as healthy as people suggest, on a "mega server", I should RAREY see the same person twice. For example. I was a vanilla high warlord in wow. I saw the same people on my server often. Once they went to battlegroups where you queue with 5 or so other servers, I never once EVER saw the same person more than one time.

So...the idea that the population in pvp is healthy, at least for battlegrounds...I don't buy it. I should be seeing strange faces all the time. Not the same sweaties over and over.

I think you see the same people over and over again because PVP is almost a completely different game, and only a few percent of the player base is into it. It doesn't seem like there's enough capacity for that subset, to be sure. As small as that base is, you'd think it would be fairly cheap to spin up more machines to handle the load for BG. (Cyro, being a single, shared instance, I can easily see (as a programmer) being constrained by current hardware and software.)
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Replacing Stuga with someone more annoying for areas you can't play because you do not own the DLC or subscribe. There needs to be a way to stop these quest starters if you aren't interested in or can't access what they offer.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KS_Amt38 wrote: »
    They already implemented the solution for nr. 2: Group finder.
    For Nr. 3 they should implement a search option for 3 DD or even 4 DD runs when queing.

Both 2 and 3 are solved. Forming a group instead of relying on a program to form a group solves everything. One can put together the group however they choose.

This is done every day and works extremely well.

The new GF system goes a long way to help a player get this done. Putting forth a little bit of effort to find a truly active guild, especially during one's playtime, and pairs nicely with one's interest and capability works even better. One reaps what they sow.

Good luck to everyone.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4. Confusing questing system. So many quests with markers that look very similar and random npcs always approaching you to offer you additional quests. I have finally convinced two friend to play this game and I worry that the lack of tutorials for how the questing system works will make them quit (they haven’t played MMOs before)

Yeah, this has come up before. My take (good or bad) on the issue has been along these lines:

Main Quests

a. THE base game main quest gets its own unique marker that shows up over NPCs, in the quest list, etc. It still somewhat resembles the current generic main quest marker but is clearly distinct somehow.
    b. DLC main quests keep the current main quest marker.
    c. Base game Alliance main quests get markers in the shape of each faction's representative animal (dragon, eagle, lion) with their faction's primary color (red, yellow, blue). Or, simpler but much less helpful, the general main quest symbol but in the proper alliance color.

Side Quests

d. General side quests look the same as the do now.
    e. Content unlock quests for instanced activities and other special content get set apart in some small way (like a double outline of the shape, or a different color or whatever)

Again, "a" and "b" would look similar but distinct, as would "e" and "d", leaving "c" the one that stands out the most as it's easy to wander and pick up quests all throughout the base game zones from different alliances.

I'm absolutely certain there is a better way to do it, but it's a start to considering the issue.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭

If your queue is that long, you're playing DC.

One guess down. Good news is that the next guess is 50/50... :wink:
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeoniKa wrote: »
    Kendaric wrote: »
    1. Too many flashy, glowy mounts/pets/skins and skills.

2. It doesn't feel enough like a TES game

3. Overpriced items in the clown store

Point 1 is exactly what has disappointed me most about this game, and I think that is exactly what leads to point 2 and makes this game less immersive than any other TES I've played.

Some options to turn off all flashy effects, glowy mounts/pets/skins and those more excessive skills would make this game extraordinary. :smile:

AzuraFan wrote: »
    2. Mounts that can't swim

Yep... This one is impossible to understand.

Is it really that complicated to program mounts to swim?

Your mounts are made of sugar..... they will ALWAYS melt in moisture.

Auldwulfe
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lags wrote: »
    forum mods

I have quit the game on 5 separate occasions and left for 6 months to a year at a time due to this.

There is nothing worse from a customer perpspective than spending a few hundred on crowns (sadly, I have spent thousands) only to be moderated for the most innocent of conversations a day or so later. Their action on that miffs me more than anything....and mind you, I am well well WELL aware of what kind of posting can get one into trouble and even then its a gamble.

Agree in part as someone who has been modded before for something I viewed as petty. But I’ve also been part of very toxic game forums and I vastly prefer the moderation here to those communities.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually my main reason for barely playing at the moment.

Despite some players above saying this is fixed/will be fixed, I feel that just isn't true. The new groupfinder isn't easy for access(takes time), and the upcoming story mode for dungeons is highly questionable as every player is different and I want dungeons done fast, not story slow or speedrun fast though. So I still feel ZOS needs to fix this ASAP(speedrunners/fake roles)!
    I love questing, but when I am bored/done with questing I would normally tank dungeons for fun. Right now they aren't fun, so I log off. Even though I actually WANT to play ESO and have fun! As a tank in heavy armor having to speedy gonzales/roadrunner after a speedrunner isn't fun, as a tank having a fake healer and constantly having to rez the group isn't fun, as a tank coming in midway through a failed dungeon most of the times isn't fun(everyone is already annoyed/on edge due to double queues/failing), as a tank seeing all those mobs we won't kill and not being able to loot heavy sack/chests isn't fun(those are basically my reward for not being out in the world), getting a group where newer players have only experienced speedrunners and otherwise have no clue about dungeon isn't always fun(they usually improve fast though). So I just do not queue at all right now. (Note: Luckily as a tank I am immune to fake tanks, yet this is still heavily impacting me)

To me the only real solution would be a +three companions dungeonqueue with similar transmute/daily rewards to the current dungeonfinder. Mostly because this will allow fake roles/speedrunners to take themselves out of the queue, as using companions is faster and safer for them than using other players(no risk getting kicked or queue times). While this would leave the regular dungeonfinder for those players still learning/wanting to play with others.
    Edited by Sarannah on February 4, 2024 4:08PM