Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Have Companion's Mount Match Ours!

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I like that we can pick a random mount now. That lets me work through my stable without a lot of work. It is also nice that we can also use this for our companion.

A drawback is that we can end up with different mounts. A setting to allow these to be the same random mount would be nice, so we look "paired".
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea. While they are at it if they also let our other non-official companions ride mounts as well, instead of chasing us on foot, that would be great too. I am talking about the bankers/shops/armoury assistant etc.

Oh, and I just thought of something else, an option to give our companions their own random mount from our pool of mounts. So, we mount up, I and my companion both get a random mount.
    Edited by Paulytnz on January 31, 2024 3:34AM
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Part of the fun of a companion is to make it look as stupid as possible - hence why I put bastion in a dress, Isobel in a Jester Daedroth Suit, and Mirri in a tavern wench dress. Then I make them all ride silly mounts. I don't want to have to look like an idiot just to make my companion look like an idiot too :D

What I really want is an option to make my companion use a stickhorse. All. The. Time.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Part of the fun of a companion is to make it look as stupid as possible - hence why I put bastion in a dress, Isobel in a Jester Daedroth Suit, and Mirri in a tavern wench dress. Then I make them all ride silly mounts. I don't want to have to look like an idiot just to make my companion look like an idiot too :D

Well, from forum discussions I know that many people don't think highly of that (especially putting male characters in dresses to "shame" them), so it probably doesn't matter anymore what you dress your character as.

@Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What I really want is an option to make my companion use a stickhorse. All. The. Time.

i was also extremely disappointed i couldnt make my companions use the stick mounts lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That may be fun for you, but allowing the option is the point. How are you going to make them look stupid on a mount anyway?
    PC
    PS4/PS5