The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

PTS Update 41 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Furnishings

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new homes (Sword-Singer’s Redoubt and Willow Pond Haven) and furnishings. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What did you think of the new homes currently on the PTS for testing?
  • Did you try out any of the new furnishings? Did any stand out to you?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 30, 2024 3:18PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When visiting the sword-singer's redoubt, I was a little lost at first.

The main entrance took me to Bankorai, but there is no house icon on the map, which I later found in Alikr Desert. Interesting to have a door at each end going to a different zone. The second door I thought was going to take me inside at first, but it nearly took me outside into Alikr.

I then visited the underground section and it took me a couple of attempts to find every area as it was a little confusing layout at first, but I found all the areas and the path that took me back to the courtyard. Also nice they added a bucket as the first time I leapt down the well into the water.

The other house the Willow Pond Haven was nice too. Not sure why there are two main buildings but the waterfalls are really nice.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
    Options
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put this on another thread so

Homes-

Redoubt: on the circular platforms on the surface to the side, the steps are not leveled to the platform and prevent you from using them properly.

Furniture-
    Many Paths Monument: the resolution on the back is blurry and hurts to look at compared to the resolution on the front.

Apocraphya Door Stone: You can interact with the door in the preview menu but when placed there's no collision and there's no action for opening/closing.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i Love Willowpond Haven!
    it's my new favourite house 🌸
    love the waterfalls, frogs 🐸, Leyawiin buildings, and i love Blackwood.

i haven't seen all the furniture yet due to not being able to go to the pts, but i saw that there's a Breton Rowboat and Unfinished Alinor boat!
    i have been wanting the rowboat for years so i can't wait to get it!
    and the master writ pergola is awesome.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willowpond is pretty great. I love hidden features like the cave it has
    Options
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the new homes currently on the PTS for testing?

Willowpond Haven looks quite nice but, at least on my potato PC some of the trees by the waterfall look lower quality than many of the others.

uvop90q3nq2y.png

Sword-Singer’s Redoubt feels massive and almost seems out of scale with the areas next to it. Kinda cool how it connects to two zones tho.

Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love Willowpond's environment design! I made a post over at Housing with pictures. I'm not sure if it's OK to link to it (is it considered spam?) but the post title is: My dream came true! FROGS! Fireflies! GIANT trees! Thank you ZOS!

• I'd love those live frogs as a "furnishing" so we can use them in other homes - with the Frog Caller. (But love that they don't take slots in WPH.)
    • The new BIG trees are awesome! I only wish the canopy was less low-poly. But these are likely an existing game asset so I'd guess they can't be changed.
    • A Structureless option to housing in addition to Unfurnished/Furnished (no houses). Lots of players comment that they will not use the stock houses. It wastes a lot of slots covering them up (example). We all constantly ask for more slots: offering a lot "blank" with no house is one of the many ways to address that.
    • Addendum: Glad the houses are off in the corner and there are no other permanent structures aside from the bridge and docks. The natural environment is beautiful, great that most of it is open to custom building. Thank you.
    • The new Pergola, Reclaimed Wood is awesome, thank you!
    • I hope some of these trees and other items can be gold-buyable, please
    • VERY excited about the new Apocrypha items that are all earnable in game! And the size of those structures. Thank you!

Edited by MoonPile on February 6, 2024 12:10AM
    Options
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    Homes
    Sword-Singer's Redoubt:
    I honestly do not understand why a new Redguard home was added without introducing an updated Redguard style at large. I feel a more updated home with new arcetecture models and so on might have been a better service for the Redguard players. Yet that might not have fit in with the 2 zones this home is placed in between.

That beeing said, I like the concept of a home that connects 2 zones! But I'd love to have a house icon in both zones.

In general the home screems bandit hideout to me with the big cave part. Yet it does not particually scream honest mercahnats to me. Maybe some sort of blackmarket thing going on here?

And yes the bucket to get up and down is super helpful.

Willowpond Haven:
    The enterence with the ladders and all outside the home is kind of not welcoming. And without a path or so to exit the home on another rute, getting there by mount or cart seems kind of difficult. Maybe adding a cave, a gate or Aylied ruin enterance of sorts to the backside, as an exit to a future Blackmarsh zone might help. The Aylied ruin exit also fits with the awsome few we are presented with upon the Aylied ruins of Vunalk infront of the home! I have kind of fallen in love with this home already! That few is awsome! Hope to get more fews like these in the new chapter this year! Imagine a Vineyard with few over Skingrad and some Aylied ruins!

That enterance issue aside, I like the 2 houses. The masters mansion is super cosy inside. I love these little alcoves next to the enterance, having more of these alcoves is always a plusponit! I had loved it if there had been some of these alcoves on the upper floors as well. Those alcoves add the extra bit of cosyness to a room.

The servants building also seems to have a nice layout to make it functional.

But having one or two more (bed)rooms for each house might be one thing realy missing for me personally.

As for the garden, I'd love to have some Aylied structural furnishings! Thats the perfect fit for this garden! Maybe some arches or a well without the cristals flowing above. Some walls or pillars might be perfect too.

Furniture
    The new added furniture for Redguards seems also kind of good and fits in. The tents seem realy useful. And the lion waterspyres are awsome!

I liked the new fish and the tomato box. Having something nice for the kitchen is always a welcome addition!

The new blackwood trees and plants are also nice additions! I loved the lilypads!

The new Apocrypha furniture is kind of difficult for me, since we only have one home to use it in. Unless I missed something of cause. And that is a limited time big crown house. I like the new bridges but I hardly know where to use them. I'd also love to have a lever or button to connect them with. I'd love the option to say this bridge can be used pressing "Use" and for this other bridge you need to find something to activate it with, otherwise it can't be used. Some little logic thing for usable items like these ones.
    Edited by ThelerisTelvanni on January 31, 2024 11:46AM
    Options
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willow Pond Haven looks great, but there are issues I have as others stated:

-The additional house for me, on the left side, is odd. It really should be removed, it'd allow us to build our own house or something else.
    -The ramps on the other building are an ugly choice, there are stairs, or even better looking ramps, it's too bad those aren't removeable.
    -The whole dock area entrance should have been a part of the house.--You have this boat (pic) across the river being used for nothing as far as I can tell. But we have to swim across to the entrance? I suggest this boat be the entrance so we can use the dock for building as well.
    ipxx1rezc0c8.png

Sword Singer's house is a great concept, the underground area is awesome. Though it has the same issue Fogbreak has that I wish I paid attention to before buying, and that is it is way too big. Housing is in desperate need of a slot increase, these big houses look pretty empty even at 700 furnishings.
    Edited by alternatelder on February 1, 2024 4:26AM
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RE Willow Pond Haven

Overall I love everything about this house. The style and location are something I've wanted ever since housing first came out.

I want to echo that it would be cool if non-structured versions of houses would be cool.

Personally I REALLY like the master's house. It's the exact kind of house in the exact area (Black Marsh swampy) that I've always wanted. But I can see why some people want an empty area to work with.

I also agree with others that the wooden ramp/deck area on the other house is a bit awkward. It kind of looks like construction scaffolding to me. Could this be made into a moveable structure on its own?
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    Options
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sword-Singer's Redoubt is very cool.

However, I'm bothered by the fact that we finally have a land route from Alik'r to Bangkorai, but it will probably end up being something we have to pay for... Unless ZOS is planning to give it away as part of an event, which would be a wonderful surprise. ;)
    Options
  • BuffNukem
    BuffNukem
    ✭✭✭
    Sword-Singer's Redoubt:

The biggest unique feature element to this house is the pit in the middle, but you severely limit a builders creativity to make use of it by having an immovable tent structure over the top of it. I can theorize a lot of unique custom build options that could be implemented here if, AND ONLY IF, that tent structure was able to be REMOVED.

Please reconsider making that tent structure covering the pit movable. If you do, you will open up possibilities to many more custom builders that would be intrigued with this house.
    Options
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the design team loves making these complex mansions, but could we maybe have some smaller properties that aren't inn rooms? Around Black Vine Villa size?
    Options
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Willowpond Haven is amazing, will definitely become my new forever home when it comes out.

As others have said, would love an option to remove the houses, and an option to remove/movie the docks would greatly be appreciated.

Otherwise no issues, love the animated frogs and the fireflies around the home that don't take slots, love it.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
    Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 10 years, but can't get all the Eight Divines and Daedric Princes statues (not small).
    How many more years do players have to wait to get all the statues?
    There is also a limit to enduring the suffering of not being able to express our faith.
    So need sell the Eight Divines and Daedric Princes statues (all!!) in the Crown Store now that ESO is celebrating its 10th anniversary.

List of the Eight Divines and Daedric Princes statues that players cannot obtain.
    • Akatosh
    • Arkay
    • Julianos
    • Mara
    • Sanguine
    • Ithelia
    Options
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 10 years, but can't get all the Eight Divines and Daedric Princes statues (not small).
    There is also a limit to enduring the suffering of not being able to express our faith.
    So need sell the Eight Divines and Daedric Princes statues (all!!) in the Crown Store now that ESO is celebrating its 10th anniversary.

List of the Eight Divines and Daedric Princes statues that players cannot obtain.
    • Akatosh
    • Arkay
    • Julianos
    • Mara
    • Sanguine
    • Ithelia

There is a statue of Arkay. Breton statue, Arkay is sold at the Luxury vendor.
    Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

• Akatosh
    • Arkay
    • Julianos
    • Mara
    • Sanguine
    • Ithelia

"Breton statue, Arkay" is not Arkay.
    This is a statue of a Breton man with the Arkay symbol.
    The proof is that the rarity is purple.
    If it's a real Arkay, the rarity should be gold.
    Options
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

• Akatosh
    • Arkay
    • Julianos
    • Mara
    • Sanguine
    • Ithelia

"Breton statue, Arkay" is not Arkay.
    This is a statue of a Breton man with the Arkay symbol.
    The proof is that the rarity is purple.
    If it's a real Arkay, the rarity should be gold.

It's a Breton statue OF Arkay. I mean all the divine statues are just humanoid with their symbol.
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get the ability to add our home to the Quickslot wheel?

On console there’s no addon to quickly take us to our house. You usually have to zoom out and find it on the large map or go 5 selections deep in Collections to travel to it.
    Options
  • Meredy
    Meredy
    ✭✭✭
    I like that Sword Singers Redoubt has an additional gate to Bangkorai, but I would prefer if they had a gate between them in the open world as well. For RP related reasons it would be nice to travel seamlessly between the two through a gate.
    Options
  • CaptivAzn
    CaptivAzn
    Soul Shriven
    The Willowpond house is like a smaller combination of Sweetwater Cascades & Moon-Sugar Meadow. I love that it has "personable" touches -- such as the little frogs that jump into the pond if you get too close and spook them. LOL Having a smaller home makes it feel cozy! Also, I like that there isn't an overly sprawling land to sprint through in order to reach the house. (As a magicka build, my stamina just isn't up for all that running. LOL) I feel that the ramps around the exterior of the house goes well with the "natural" theme of the place; stairs would've made it a touch too "modern". I like the nooks and crannies that are all over the place as well. In that sense, Moon-Sugar Meadow had similar land features and I always had something different there for people to discover. The other thing is -- with such a beautiful outdoor space, I should be able to look out the window and enjoy that view!

The idea of having 2 homes on-site would be great for those of us who run a guild and want a private home -- all on the same property. However, not being able to "lock" or set permissions for the exterior/entrance doors of each building means you can't really separate the two for such a purpose. I'd like to be able to set one house for "guild access", and the other house for certain individuals/family/friends only.

As a bonus, have the overall window settings for each building match whatever the door lock settings are. (Or separate the window settings from the door setting altogether.) So if 1 house is set to "no access", then its doors are locked & the windows are opaque. If the house is set to "limited visitor", then the doors open for selected guests and its windows are open for viewing out but not in. And if the house is set to public, then doors are open to all & the windows are transparent for viewing in or out of them. (Something like that anyway.)

I also meant to ask...
    1. Will the chronometer/hourglass have a noticeable effect on the day/time/lighting settings for these new homes?
    2. Will companions/pets set onto a path around the rough/rocky terrain (i.e. the nooks & crannies within the perimeter of Willowpond) have issues when trying to traverse these areas? (I was unable to test it.)

Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CaptivAzn wrote: »
    The Willowpond house is like a smaller combination of Sweetwater Cascades & Moon-Sugar Meadow. I love that it has "personable" touches -- such as the little frogs that jump into the pond if you get too close and spook them. LOL Having a smaller home makes it feel cozy! Also, I like that there isn't an overly sprawling land to sprint through in order to reach the house. (As a magicka build, my stamina just isn't up for all that running. LOL) I feel that the ramps around the exterior of the house goes well with the "natural" theme of the place; stairs would've made it a touch too "modern". I like the nooks and crannies that are all over the place as well. In that sense, Moon-Sugar Meadow had similar land features and I always had something different there for people to discover. The other thing is -- with such a beautiful outdoor space, I should be able to look out the window and enjoy that view!

The idea of having 2 homes on-site would be great for those of us who run a guild and want a private home -- all on the same property. However, not being able to "lock" or set permissions for the exterior/entrance doors of each building means you can't really separate the two for such a purpose. I'd like to be able to set one house for "guild access", and the other house for certain individuals/family/friends only.

As a bonus, have the overall window settings for each building match whatever the door lock settings are. (Or separate the window settings from the door setting altogether.) So if 1 house is set to "no access", then its doors are locked & the windows are opaque. If the house is set to "limited visitor", then the doors open for selected guests and its windows are open for viewing out but not in. And if the house is set to public, then doors are open to all & the windows are transparent for viewing in or out of them. (Something like that anyway.)

I also meant to ask...
    1. Will the chronometer/hourglass have a noticeable effect on the day/time/lighting settings for these new homes?
    2. Will companions/pets set onto a path around the rough/rocky terrain (i.e. the nooks & crannies within the perimeter of Willowpond) have issues when trying to traverse these areas? (I was unable to test it.)

yea you can change the time in the new houses.
    they don't have a unique skybox(like Hunter's Glade and Psijic Villa) so you'll get day to midnight like usual.

miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sword-Singer’s Redoubt
    I really have no complaints about this home. The cave was cool but overall it just feels unappealing. I don't know how to describe it, but sometimes a place just feels right and other times it feels wrong and overall this one does nothing for me.

It might be the size. It seems very large. I personally would enjoy the cave by itself (if it was a bit darker and had a bit more land).
    I do like the function of the two entrances. That gives it some cool flavor.

Willow Pond Haven
    I really really like this property with a few caveats.

1. The right house (what I call second house) is not really necessary. The first one alone can eat close to 700 item slots. I'd prefer the property without the second right home.

2. If that home remained, I would like to see the platforms around it removed, instead a stone staircase zig zagging up to the plateau. Also, I really dislike the fireplace locations inside the home. It feels weird to have the fireplace in a cubby hole
    mjt5htmwwit7.png
    1ynhct3c8bzh.png

3. I REALLY dislike the location. The house could have been placed not far from the wayshrine in the mountain to the north (I forget its name, but its the closest one to the house), that being said a lot of zone rework would have to be done to facilitate the waterfall. But as it stands, having to swim across the lake is just bleh...not even remotely fun. Possibly have a small boat go to the other side up by the bridge, or put a wayshrine on the island close to the house, or make a new island close to it with a wayshrine.

I love the cave, the house on the left the trees, the bridge. Very well done.

Also can the stables be a movable piece of furniture?

Also
    LOVE the frogs that jump into the water and make a splash. Works well, is convincing and makes the area feel alive. Now we just need a beehive, some bees and insects flying around :)
    Edited by Pixiepumpkin on February 11, 2024 10:47AM
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    9.3.2: "Moved several resource nodes near the updated Willowpond Haven entrance."

Lots of people complained about the entrance to the home, so I was curious if that was addressed. I don't know what it was before since I rarely enter homes from their physical entrance anyway (besides Sleek Creek, Sugar Bowl Suite) but...

I actually laughed when I saw it. This has to be the worst entrance in the game: very edge of the map, wayshrine is far away, have to swim across a huge lake to get there, enemies on the only nearby island, + some lilypads floating mid-air above the water (that I can't really screenshot now because it's night and there are zero lights by the entrance).

Again, if I got this place I'd port in anyway. Just had to wonder, what was updated?? Am I missing something? :D
    Options
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love Willowpond Haven but it isn't perfect by any means.
    1. The entrance is horrible for all the reasons previously mentioned.
    2. I would agree that the 2nd home isn't really necessary and if it was removed it would give us extra space to build things.
    3. The bridge is a bit big for my taste, wish it was smaller or removable.
    4. I'm a big fan of homes that have an exit to two different zones...this one only has that one horrible entrance that is fairly far from any wayshrine.
    5. Absolutely love the frogs, the big trees, the waterfall, the fireflies and the style of the main home is lovely as well :)
    Options
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the decorations around the wayshrines for the Jubilee, I hope they add these as furnishings.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
    Options
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is 10 years old now. People have swapped to newer gen consoles/PCs. I think it's time to update the item limit.
    Some houses are too big to furnish well.

ty.
    Options
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have to chime in and agree with other people here; it would be cool if Willowpond was a "build your own house" sort of space like Moonsugar Meadow. I'd prefer to get rid of both of the houses.

If not, at least get rid of one of the houses (the house that has the scaffolding). That way, we have more room to build our own. I've always wanted a tiny little cottage in the woods, and I feel like I could make my own here if I had some room for it by the lake.
    Options
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to address the entrance, it is such a poor decision, not to mention the dock below not even being a part of the house. And then there's the other (ugly) house, I wish they'd remove it. Otherwise, I think my decision is to not buy it, I doubt I'll spend any crowns on any houses if we don't get a slot increase anyway.
    Options
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    Willowpond Haven:
    I think I'd like to add a little something to the enterence!

First of all a Screenshot of the Area as it is on Live Servers.
    htcqzix5a6b8.png

Now the updated version on PTS:
    8b2ngu9blft6.png

As seen in the old version the cliff came initially far lower, offering a point where a ramp might be applyed. A ramp with a dock area that is more inviting, in my oppinion might be far better variant than the wall with the wood in front of it. Maybe use a little more stonework.

Let's have a look from above:
    hsnffqepux7a.png

As well as a look into the garden:
    4ien8hjg5y8y.png

The path seemingly does not go anywhere. The big bridge is totally overscaled if we take the smal gate with stairs below it into consideration as well as the dock with nothing but a ladder to go up. How are things like food or furniture moved into this house unless you play a mage that makes portals?

So what are the best possible solutions?
    1. You can make a dock area that offers a ramp up to the home where you can actually land with a ship and propperly transport the goods up to the house. Maybe with a cart or a wheelbarrow. And make the gate at least slightly bigger.
    2. You can make an enterance at the backside as mentioned in my erlyer post. That way you have a supply line and a possible enterence to Blackmarsh. Yet it does not make the currrent main entrence more inviting.
    3. You can make a crane to get things up from the dock and make some kind of path or road in the other direction. And maybe replace the stairs with a ramp and choose a slightly bigger gate.
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    From PTS Patch Notes v9.3.3

Homes
    • Moved the entrance of Willowpond Haven to have its main entrance across the lake. The old entrance can still be used to enter the home.

WHOA! Thank you for listening! Gotta go check this out <3
    Options