Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – July 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.1.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Tormentor changes

Lazy_Voyager
Lazy_Voyager
✭✭✭
Look, I know you guys don't consider werewolves worthy of PVE content (take one into Inifinite Archive and see what happens when you pick a Verse), but given werewolf tanking was one of the few legitimately and consistently fun things I had left in this game, can you at least give em a taunt ability if you're going to screw up what little viability they had? The AoE taunt combined with Rushing Agony made it feel like a unique and flashy alternative to 'proper' tanks using void bash and without a reliable taunt it was the only way to manage multiple high damage enemies.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.
  • JRsoFly_123
    JRsoFly_123
    Soul Shriven
    I completely agree. If they want to keep to that idea of intentional tanking they have to offer something to Werewolf tanks considering that they still have to give up a five-piece set. This set made them a unique fun way to tank than what we traditionally have. I believed this same thing with vampire mist form which allowed a different tanking style than void bash and block. If they wanted to reduce its damage reduction that'd be fine, but they destroyed it.

They're reasoning for doing things simply don't match when they're enough skill versatility to allow a player to single taunt. This access will only increase with scribing considering that with some abilities you'll likely be able to make new taunts.
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All they need to do is postpone this change till Update 42 where we get the ability to add Control AOE affects to our abilities, assuming werewolf can also use the scribing system that is :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Lazy_Voyager
    Lazy_Voyager
    ✭✭✭
    All they need to do is postpone this change till Update 42 where we get the ability to add Control AOE affects to our abilities, assuming werewolf can also use the scribing system that is :)

Oh nice, I can go back to my favorite playstyle For A Nominal Fee. Of course.
    Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.
    Options
  • Entaro
    Entaro
    ✭✭✭

Well, in the preview they did show the bow AOE grimoire skill having a potential morph pattern of Taunt on it, but in their latest PTS notes on tormentor they specifically state that: " this item set has enabled behavior that goes against one of our core philosophies for tanking - where taunting should be an individual action meant for one specific target in the moment of activation.". So I would expect any potential grimoire skill AoE Taunt applications to be snuffed out, if they are being truthful.

I'm not really sure why they've bothered making this change. It isn't close to a meta set in any capacity and is mostly used as a curiosity/quirk.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Based on the content creators that saw the chapter preview, nope.

All 6 weapons, Soul Magic, Assault, Support, Fighters Guild, and Mages Guild.

So at least 11 new abilities.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entaro wrote: »

Well, in the preview they did show the bow AOE grimoire skill having a potential morph pattern of Taunt on it, but in their latest PTS notes on tormentor they specifically state that: " this item set has enabled behavior that goes against one of our core philosophies for tanking - where taunting should be an individual action meant for one specific target in the moment of activation.". So I would expect any potential grimoire skill AoE Taunt applications to be snuffed out, if they are being truthful.

I'm not really sure why they've bothered making this change. It isn't close to a meta set in any capacity and is mostly used as a curiosity/quirk.

I would bet the core philosophies are related to item sets and not skills, see what I did with the wording there ;) guess we will need to wait and see, I'm sure the scribing system will still be put through its paces over the next 5 months... the AOE Taunt Grimoire might not even make the final cut.

If Templars need to use a Bow to crowd control as a Tank, I'm all for it thou :D
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options