The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Is ZOS doing anything about speedhackers in the game?

• reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    reazea wrote: »
    Yesterday I met a NB that could run faster unmounted than my fully trained mount with the CP speed bonus.

I know this thread is about attack speed, but something very wrong was going on with this NB for him to be able to run faster unmounted than my fully trained and CP buffed mount.

I have two characters that can run faster than many mounted players. It's not difficult to do at all. Biggest thing is Ring of the Wild Hunt. Get that and you get a buff of 45% to non combat speed. Add three Swift jewelry pieces and then adjust CP for speed (two places that I know of in CP trees for speed non mounted and one specifically for mounted speed) I am not positive but I think all three speed slots in the CP tree do apply to mounts.

With Advanced Stats in the Character sheet my character can Sneak at 100% of full speed (indicated) and Sprints at 162%. I don't use all Swift jewelry so my max speed according to the Advanced Stats is 162%. I know ZOS changed the max speed we can attain to 200% of Sprint speed so there are players that move faster than mine.

On top of all that there are quite a few gear sets that give Major Expedition at all times when Sprinting and on a NB (currently) one of the skills slotted gives you Minor Expedition (iirc that is going to be removed in patch 41).

You can also adjust Sneak cost and speed in quite a few ways in the game. So many I won't go into it but it's basically in the CP tree as well as in Skill lines available to all classes.

I have three swift traits and ring of the pale order equipped on the toon this NB outran on foot. He could outrun me on foot with me having all these buffs while riding a CP buffed mount.
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    I ran into someone, a sorc, this weekend that had to be speed hacking. I'm not talking about streak. He could stack so many attacks so fast nobody had a chance. I watched him for about 10 minutes and nobody could touch him, not even a group of 5 players. He could hit so fast and so hard that he took most players down in 1-2 seconds, even tanky players. I don't think it's possible to be as fast as this player was without some sort of speed hacking, and I spend almost all my play time in Cyrodiil.

It convinced me that there is in fact a speed cheat out there right now. This player wasn't just really good at stacking their attacks. There was something else going on for sure.

Just as a note, there are multiple scenarios where this can all happen for valid reasons. I remember one day when I was playing in IC and nuked a few players in a row almost to easily. I thought wow I may have really figured out an amazing build here and also gotten a nice clip.

Nope I just ran into a bunch of low level players in a row. So sometimes we can experience something in a very different way then what's actually happening.

There's also things like skill level, lag, etc that make thing seem really crazy at times. I think sea serpents coil is an interesting example for me when I'm wondering how they can take such a hard hit and then still have such high damage.

Not saying this wasn't a hack that you saw but just saying it's worth it to capture and review video to get a better understanding.
    Options