The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Is ZOS doing anything about speedhackers in the game?

Elendir2am
Elendir2am
✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,
Can you explain to me please, how long you will let this speedhacker go to Cyrodiil and cheat there on daily basis:
9xhc71txg0r0.png
How can anybody fight with speedhacker, who skill-attack every 0.3 second? (Dizzying Swing at 7.5 s and Executioner the same second at 7.8 s)
I don't believe, that nobody reported this guy jet. You can see during game that he has hacked fall speed, jump high, run speed and attack speed as you can see in log.
Is daily presence of this speed hacker, who don't have any limit in cheating way, how you treat cheating in game?
Edited by Elendir2am on January 25, 2024 1:48PM
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggest deleting or covering name of player. Violates TOS.
    Options
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That log doesnt show anything. The time between skills used is what it should be, he just hit you with DoTs, Light attacks, procs and enchants during that time.

The only skills actually used in the time frame that is shown are 2 Dizzying Swings at 6.367s and 7.548s as well as an Executioner at 7.891 (that one was probably animation cancelled so it hit quicker).

Everything else is off the global Cooldown, like the delayed hit from Deep Breath, the DoTs from Corrosive and Noxious, the Enchantments, Light and Heavy Attacks and the Vateshran 2H proc that procs from the heavy attack.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
    Options
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    The only skills actually used in the time frame that is shown are 2 Dizzying Swings at 6.367s and 7.548s as well as an Executioner at 7.891 (that one was probably animation cancelled so it hit quicker).

Animation canceling don't allow you hit with skill 0.3 second after skill with heavy attack in between.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »

Animation canceling don't allow you hit with skill 0.3 second after skill with heavy attack in between.

Actually that's exactly what it does.

The global starts when you press cast on an ability.

Because Dizzy has a Cast Time, this means you can (almost) immediately cast another ability as soon as it's over.

A heavy attack =/= a fully charged heavy attack - a medium attack is nigh instant and will be reported as a heavy attack.

You can cancel the heavy attack's animation with executioner, and cancel executioners animation with a bash or ultimate.

The person here never cast any abilities within the same global - they just landed within 1 second.

You can try the same principle with Snipe. The reason you can stack another projectile with Snipe is because like Dizzy, you can cast another ability almost instantly as soon as the cast time finishes.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on January 25, 2024 2:14PM
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Dizzying Swing has a cast time. If they started Dizzying Swing at 6.7 seconds, it finished casting and hit at 7.5 seconds, and then instant cast Executioner hit at 7.8 second, that is within game parameters. 7.8 - 6.7 = 1.1, so the global cooldown was finished. Global cooldown starts when you cast a skill, not when it finishes. Heavy attacks are on a different cooldown than skills. So you can do a heavy attack in the 0.3 seconds between end of Dizzying Swing cast and start of Executioner. And that heavy attack is a "medium attack". If you do more than tap the mouse button, you get a "heavy attack" but it is not necessarily a "fully charged" heavy attack.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but, you can "pre-load" a skill to fire during the animation/cast time of another skill. So that .8 second cast time for dizzy can be used to prep the next skill. The global cooldown starts when you activate the skill as far as I know, so what looks like .3 seconds is really 1.2 seconds between the activation of Dizzy and the hit of executioner.

It is no different than hitting a skill during a heavy attack wind up and that skill immediately going off once the heavy attack ends.
    Options
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you know what "speed hacking" means and you got dumped on, nothing else. People can be better than you and it doesn't mean they are cheating. There are also other things to consider like lag, compensation, server, time of day you're playing and population, etc.
    uwu
    Options
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Executioner has always been this way. Canceling it not only makes it go off so ridiculously quick but also seems do perform some server sided voodoo and force the victim to be considered dead during the previous skill animation, usually dSwing.
    Options
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Executioner is super easy to cancel probably the easiest in the game. Canceling it with roll dodge is my favorite.
    Options
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can dizzy swing, medium attack for the stun and executioner then bar swap after pressing it and it looks like one attack.
    Edited by Udrath on January 25, 2024 4:19PM
    Options
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just a basic technique in ESO combat. You use a skill with a delay to make two or more skills hit together. You press Dizzy, then wind a heavy attack and cancel it with executioner: 3 skills can hit at once plus the status effects/enchantments of the 2H.

Warden can make 4 things hit at once because shalks has a 2 second delay: hit shalks, then do above combo. Sorc can also do this with Haunting curse.

Combat metrics is a very good way to learn how these things work. Go and practice what I said above on your target dummy and look in CM: you'll see that you too can learn to do this.

Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
    Options
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dizzying Swing has a 0.8-second cast time.
    Global cooldown is 1 second and starts when an ability is cast.
    Executioner is instant cast.
    Heavy attacks are not part of the Global cooldown cycle.

5.567s - Dizzing Swing cast
    + 0.800s - Dizzing Swing casting time
    6.367s - Dizzing Swing hit
    + 0.200s - Remaining Global cooldown time
    6.567s - Global cooldown end
    6.622s - Heavy attack hit (can be charged during Dizzing Swing cast)
    6,748s - Dizzing Swing cast
    + 0.800s - Dizzing Swing casting time
    7.548s - Dizzing Swing hit
    + 0.200s - Remaining Global cooldown time
    7.745s - Global cooldown end
    7.791s - Heavy attack hit (can be charged during Dizzing Swing cast)
    7.891s - Executioner hit

I don't see anything here that violates the conditions of the game.
    A skilled player can pull this off with animation cancelling.

Edited by DTStormfox on January 27, 2024 1:45PM
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

Options
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skill with casting time should not be same thing as delayed damage skills, the way some of you make it look. But I ti si just another hole in combat code, which can be "legally" exploited.
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill with casting time should not be same thing as delayed damage skills, the way some of you make it look. But I ti si just another hole in combat code, which can be "legally" exploited.

It's not hole in combat code it's how developers designed game to be. Everything in the game have a global cooldown and there are rules of priority for each gloal cooldown. Rules that say when specific GCD ends, how long GCD for specific action is, which actions have what priority in GCD queue, when something can be added to GCD queue etc. All these rules were designed by developers and added to the code. Knowing said rules allows people to maximize damage through squeezing as much actions as possible into a certain time window to create the strongest combo. Properly executed combos are one of the most crucial ways to kill people in PvP. You simply got outplayed by someone performing that combo. He performed that combo really well which suggest he had experience that came through lot of practice. If You would be equally experienced You would've seen that he is preparing a combo and You would properly react with block, dodge and heals. Nothing was exploited You just got outplayed by better player.
    Edited by Galeriano on January 29, 2024 11:58PM
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not a loophole, it's how the game is designed. Globals start on ability cast. Cast times are a trade off - the damage comes out delayed (meaning it's more telegraphed and thus easier to avoid or mitigate) but there's less time to wait before your next skill (making it easier to line up with follow-up damage).

You should've seen the Dizzy Swing wind up and reacted accordingly, but you didn't - you got hit by 2 Dizzy's in a row. Next time block or dodge.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on January 29, 2024 3:39PM
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s going on for years. No response from zos as I know of. Movement speed hack. Also achievement sales. Just get to paid hacks website and buy one for yourself. Comment justifying cheaters and hackers with some blah blah .
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on January 29, 2024 9:33PM
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like Sharp has a line relevant to this issue...........
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS,
    Can you explain to me please, how long you will let this speedhacker go to Cyrodiil and cheat there on daily basis:
    9xhc71txg0r0.png
    How can anybody fight with speedhacker, who skill-attack every 0.3 second? (Dizzying Swing at 7.5 s and Executioner the same second at 7.8 s)
    I don't believe, that nobody reported this guy jet. You can see during game that he has hacked fall speed, jump high, run speed and attack speed as you can see in log.
    Is daily presence of this speed hacker, who don't have any limit in cheating way, how you treat cheating in game?

i have a couple videos on this, you CAN NOT increase THE GAME SPEED, yes u can use CE to buff your character movement speed, but anything over the cap will trigger there "anti cheat". you can all so do things like change skill ids, like crystal frags, to the proced one. along with wall clipping. Its not like the old days tho.

does not make it right but how u started it is just false
    Edited by JonnytheKing on February 1, 2024 5:55AM
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no anticheat in this game in client side. Speedhack is do exists in eso. I can say eso far better game in terms preventing hacking and cheating. Just raise complaint. I think Zos taking some action but they never notify you and I am sure of it. I see some people got banned. Signs of hacking
    1. Abnormal movement/ attack speed with high damage. Even with 3 swifts and major expeditions. Especially some nightblades did this and got banned.
    2. Unable to lock down or target player. Mostly your hit won’t register.
    3. Unable to hit the player. Mostly because of movement speed.
    Please remember only movement/attack speed hacking possible in eso as far I know.
    There are paid hacks available on prominent hacking websites. I would advise to stay away. Be wary of people who supports hackers as legitimate players. Raise complaint of what you saw. I would suggest zos to openly display what builds they are using.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on February 1, 2024 9:39PM
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no anticheat in this game in client side. Speedhack is do exists in eso. I can say eso far better game in terms preventing hacking and cheating. Just raise complaint. I think Zos taking some action but they never notify you and I am sure of it. I see some people got banned. Signs of hacking
    1. Abnormal movement/ attack speed with high damage. Even with 3 swifts and major expeditions. Especially some nightblades did this and got banned.
    2. Unable to lock down or target player. Mostly your hit won’t register.
    3. Unable to hit the player. Mostly because of movement speed.
    Please remember only movement/attack speed hacking possible in eso as far I know.
    There are paid hacks available on prominent hacking websites. I would advise to stay away. Be wary of people who supports hackers as legitimate players. Raise complaint of what you saw. I would suggest zos to openly display what builds they are using.

Nothing OP showed in their screenshot indicates cheating or hacking in any way.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on February 2, 2024 2:49PM
    Options
  • arch1t3ct
    arch1t3ct
    ✭✭✭
    False accusation due to lack of knowledge and understandig of the game. It's not cheating nor bug exploting, the game was designed this way. People here already explained how exactly cooldowns and abilities with cast time work. This mechanic is easy to learn, and mastering it what is called skill. It really just takes 2 buttons - the ability itself and the weave attack, nothing else.
    Options
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    arch1t3ct wrote: »
    False accusation due to lack of knowledge and understandig of the game. It's not cheating nor bug exploting, the game was designed this way. People here already explained how exactly cooldowns and abilities with cast time work. This mechanic is easy to learn, and mastering it what is called skill. It really just takes 2 buttons - the ability itself and the weave attack, nothing else.

LA weaving was bug initially. ZOS unable to resolve it made it in a feature.
    Weaving HA, bash in 1 sec with casting time skills is hardly intended either. Just spaghetti code.
    Perhaps you will claim that the difference between texture of stones and how you can really move on them was made intentionally as well.
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arch1t3ct wrote: »

LA weaving was bug initially. ZOS unable to resolve it made it in a feature.
    Weaving HA, bash in 1 sec with casting time skills is hardly intended either. Just spaghetti code.
    Perhaps you will claim that the difference between texture of stones and how you can really move on them was made intentionally as well.

This story again...

It wasn't a bug. It was just something that people figured out is possible to do within rules of the combat design. It was operating within all rules coded into the game itself and was obeying all of them. You can even find developers light attack weaving in early demos of the game they were just not using it in long rotations and they were not aware of the future potential of it.

ZoS was completly capable of removing it they could just make simple tweak to the parts of code responsible for GCDs similar to how they did to many abilities and synergies but they simply liked how much dynamic it brings to the game and that it adds another layer of skill required to master the combat so they decided for it to stay.
    Edited by Galeriano on February 10, 2024 11:39PM
    Options
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I met a NB that could run faster unmounted than my fully trained mount with the CP speed bonus.

I know this thread is about attack speed, but something very wrong was going on with this NB for him to be able to run faster unmounted than my fully trained and CP buffed mount.
    Options
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    there are people hiding that movement speed cheat with vampire mist (not very succesful at hiding).
    reazea wrote: »
    Yesterday I met a NB that could run faster unmounted than my fully trained mount with the CP speed bonus. I reported some people doing it, they no longer do that but still in the game.

I know this thread is about attack speed, but something very wrong was going on with this NB for him to be able to run faster unmounted than my fully trained and CP buffed mount.

Options
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ran into someone, a sorc, this weekend that had to be speed hacking. I'm not talking about streak. He could stack so many attacks so fast nobody had a chance. I watched him for about 10 minutes and nobody could touch him, not even a group of 5 players. He could hit so fast and so hard that he took most players down in 1-2 seconds, even tanky players. I don't think it's possible to be as fast as this player was without some sort of speed hacking, and I spend almost all my play time in Cyrodiil.

It convinced me that there is in fact a speed cheat out there right now. This player wasn't just really good at stacking their attacks. There was something else going on for sure.
    Options
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I met a NB that could run faster unmounted than my fully trained mount with the CP speed bonus.

I have two characters that can run faster than many mounted players. It's not difficult to do at all. Biggest thing is Ring of the Wild Hunt. Get that and you get a buff of 45% to non combat speed. Add three Swift jewelry pieces and then adjust CP for speed (two places that I know of in CP trees for speed non mounted and one specifically for mounted speed) I am not positive but I think all three speed slots in the CP tree do apply to mounts.

With Advanced Stats in the Character sheet my character can Sneak at 100% of full speed (indicated) and Sprints at 162%. I don't use all Swift jewelry so my max speed according to the Advanced Stats is 162%. I know ZOS changed the max speed we can attain to 200% of Sprint speed so there are players that move faster than mine.

On top of all that there are quite a few gear sets that give Major Expedition at all times when Sprinting and on a NB (currently) one of the skills slotted gives you Minor Expedition (iirc that is going to be removed in patch 41).

You can also adjust Sneak cost and speed in quite a few ways in the game. So many I won't go into it but it's basically in the CP tree as well as in Skill lines available to all classes.

Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »

I have two characters that can run faster than many mounted players. It's not difficult to do at all. Biggest thing is Ring of the Wild Hunt. Get that and you get a buff of 45% to non combat speed. Add three Swift jewelry pieces and then adjust CP for speed (two places that I know of in CP trees for speed non mounted and one specifically for mounted speed) I am not positive but I think all three speed slots in the CP tree do apply to mounts.

With Advanced Stats in the Character sheet my character can Sneak at 100% of full speed (indicated) and Sprints at 162%. I don't use all Swift jewelry so my max speed according to the Advanced Stats is 162%. I know ZOS changed the max speed we can attain to 200% of Sprint speed so there are players that move faster than mine.

On top of all that there are quite a few gear sets that give Major Expedition at all times when Sprinting and on a NB (currently) one of the skills slotted gives you Minor Expedition (iirc that is going to be removed in patch 41).

You can also adjust Sneak cost and speed in quite a few ways in the game. So many I won't go into it but it's basically in the CP tree as well as in Skill lines available to all classes.

I don’t think you can beat mount speed fully buffed. Also there is speed cap of 200 percent on foot. At speed cap 200 percent no way to beat a full mount speed 267 percent which includes mount sprint.
    I have a build for scroll running with speed cap. I seen people gone past me and wait or slow down. Still I can’t believe people can violate speed cap without being detected.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on February 12, 2024 4:20PM
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    I ran into someone, a sorc, this weekend that had to be speed hacking. I'm not talking about streak. He could stack so many attacks so fast nobody had a chance. I watched him for about 10 minutes and nobody could touch him, not even a group of 5 players. He could hit so fast and so hard that he took most players down in 1-2 seconds, even tanky players. I don't think it's possible to be as fast as this player was without some sort of speed hacking, and I spend almost all my play time in Cyrodiil.

It convinced me that there is in fact a speed cheat out there right now. This player wasn't just really good at stacking their attacks. There was something else going on for sure.

There are speed hacks for eso on sale on prominent hack websites which usually sells hacks for multi player games for very long time. It’s client side hack. Only thing current eso cannot detect is attack speed and movement speed. When hack is used you can’t land attacks or target them . Sometimes they just look like teleport for short distances. Give it sometime it’s not a lag or glitch. Then just report and stay away.
    Hacks not worth it for eso.
    Resources cannot be hacked as handled in server. I know someone people got banned. ESO does well compared with other games. But it’s a cat and mouse game. No game can prevent 100 percent hacking. Especially done on client side. But eso need to catch up.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on February 12, 2024 4:18PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Kraken
    If you spot someone hacking in game, please report them here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/home/category/28. also, get a video of the hack and add it to your report.
    Options
    Staff Post