Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Scribing, have I understood it correctly then?

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So you can only customize the new skills that you collect via these "Grimoires" ? You cant customize skills that are already in the game, say Snipe or Steadfast Ward?
Im not complaining per se, but it would be nice to also have the option to add this 3rd morph to any of the weapon/guild skills aswell, that would truly add freedom of building what you want.

PC EU
PvP only
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes You can only customize new abilities that will be specifically added to the game to be copmpatible with scribing system.

The only customization that will be available for the rest of the abilities in the game will be graphical one where You will be able to for example change the colour of the ability.
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't gauranteed, but Kevin has insinuated that this system is a "precursor" towards the full "spellcrafting" vision (possibly expanded in the future to other skill lines).

This definitely feels like they are testing the waters with this one. I'm glad they are stepping out of their comfort zone, because I can see this system replacing the current morphs and making it nearly impossible to spreadsheet every combo for majority of players.
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I understand, Grimoires are special skills that are added to specific skill lines. The Grimoire shown on stream, Vault, is a Grimoire skill for the Bow skill line, which means you must have a bow equipped to use it. There are other Grimoires for other skill lines, but we can hope that there will be more Grimoires added in the future.

Don't be confused by the other feature mentioned, Skill Styling, which is used for specific skills to change their effect color. It's been confirmed that there will be more Skill Styles made after the release of Gold Road.

In short, only Grimoire skills can have their function customized, but regular skills can be styled to have different visual effects. Regular skills will not have their combat function changed in any way.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nihilr wrote: »
    It isn't gauranteed, but Kevin has insinuated that this system is a "precursor" towards the full "spellcrafting" vision (possibly expanded in the future to other skill lines).

This definitely feels like they are testing the waters with this one. I'm glad they are stepping out of their comfort zone, because I can see this system replacing the current morphs and making it nearly impossible to spreadsheet every combo for majority of players.

The vibe i got from "precursor to spellcrafting" is that ESO is like 1000 years before Oblivion and this is the precursor, lore wise, to the spellcrafting seen in Oblivion. I don't think they meant precursor in a meta/gameplay aspect.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

The vibe i got from "precursor to spellcrafting" is that ESO is like 1000 years before Oblivion and this is the precursor, lore wise, to the spellcrafting seen in Oblivion. I don't think they meant precursor in a meta/gameplay aspect.

Yes, that's what I got from it too.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Only problem with that is this…

kskqwh4mufp0.jpeg

I’m unsure whether or not @ZOS_Kevin was informed that Spellcrafting already exists within the timeframe of ESO, there are also treasures you can find and sell for 40g that reference the system.

Scribing is just their way of introducing the system slow and cautiously, careful not to break the game, and is more inclusive to alternate playstyles.

Given the nature of the name “Spellcrafting” one can make the assumption that it would be exclusive to magic, where with Scribing, it’s open to interpretation, allowing you to envision a system that allows for an edit for Stamina skills aswell.

Personally I feel that this was the approach they needed to take, and am glad they did, even if it was rebranded to another name.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a great way to add new abilities to the game without adding an entire new skill line and passives. Since they are adding to already existing lines, you're not spending time leveling a new skill line to gain access. The entire customization feature also tosses out the archaic Morphing problem, letting you decide how it behaves right away.