Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Give this next chapter a chance

kirk_lewis_ESO
kirk_lewis_ESO
✭✭✭
I've seen the changes to WOW with the microsoft acquisition. I have a feeling with the microsoft acquisition and big money, ESO is gonna take off. Give this game a chance. Hate them or love them, Microsoft throws money at their developers especially if the game ends up on their game pass, because the point is to sell subscriptions, and you've seen the trend to subscriptions. I'm tipsy, so don't mind my bad grammar.
Edited by kirk_lewis_ESO on January 19, 2024 11:13PM
Templar - looking for a new job (Blame the economy).
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I intend to poke at it on PTS before I make any final judgement. That also has the benefit of making spoilers less of an issue!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starfield. Biggest disappointment I've ever purchased in gaming. You can't convince people that MS will lift a game up into the spotlight because they have money. ESO was doing fine, is doing fine and most of that was without MS big pile of money. I don't even know why people think this game is struggling in the mmo market.
    Sadly, you are right and that is true for most studios they bought in the last few years.
    They bought most of my favourite studios except one and they somehow is not delivering.
    Not saying that is M$’s fault but still just sad.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fallout 76! Starfield was at least functional at launch. ESO seems to be headed in a good direction. It would be wise to wait for actual gameplay before passing judgement.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is where the money is going to... for the last few years the content has gotten smaller in scope (while monetization remains aggressive) and a lot of people feel that the company while not exactly having it on the back burner is not investing heavily in it either. This game can absolute dominate but sometimes it seems like it's still managed by a small tea\m and there's not enough resources to deal with issues. I mean, if they are still making their bottom line why should they bother but the foundations are there for the game to be massively popular and dominate the genre.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    It hasn't worked out how you'd think. Zenimax has actually reduced the number of people working on the game and reduced the release rate of new content, and they've quit making any inputs into the PvP aspect of the game all together and in fact reduced the pop cap in cyrodiil to it's lowest in history since MS bought Zenimax. Zenimax is divesting in ESO in almost every way since MS bought the studio.

They have PvP stuff slated for later this year. Q4 IIRC.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already Pre-purchase Gold Road. I was very iffy about Necrom and only bought it at release, but this chapter looks right up my alley.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It hasn't worked out how you'd think. Zenimax has actually reduced the number of people working on the game and reduced the release rate of new content, and they've quit making any inputs into the PvP aspect of the game all together and in fact reduced the pop cap in cyrodiil to it's lowest in history since MS bought Zenimax. Zenimax is divesting in ESO in almost every way since MS bought the studio.

This, agreed. They also seem pretty committed to fixing Cyrodiil, an article from the press and streamer meeting mentioned it. It seems making Cyrodiil work is on their table until it’s fixed. I can respect that.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

This, agreed. They also seem pretty committed to fixing Cyrodiil, an article from the press and streamer meeting mentioned it. It seems making Cyrodiil work is on their table until it’s fixed. I can respect that.

They also mentioned the pvp content is not Cyrodiil related.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing Elder Scrolls games since the release of Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. By the time Oblivion had been out for about 2 years, I was so entirely engrossed that about the only games I have played since then are Elder Scrolls games. I preordered the next chapter before they formally announced that you could preorder it during the reveal.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starfield. Biggest disappointment I've ever purchased in gaming. You can't convince people that MS will lift a game up into the spotlight because they have money. ESO was doing fine, is doing fine and most of that was without MS big pile of money. I don't even know why people think this game is struggling in the mmo market.

Part of the agreement of the acquisition was that Bethesda wanted total creative control. So we're stuck with creator engine instead of Unreal engine 5.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would take those claims about PvP being important to them a bit more seriously if they stopped using that scene with people sieging an unbreakable part of a keep whenever they talk about it.
  • Elyu
    Elyu
    ✭✭✭
    And Microsoft purchased Minecraft via their purchase of Mojang and that's been....a mixed bag
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They say that every year since 2020 and PvP has only been downsized every year.
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »

this is the first time they've put it on their roadmap like that. I don't think they posted that one anywhere but you can still view it on the stream recording.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭

In my opinion the biggest problem is not fixing Cyro.
    The problem is the overtuned mechanics there are in PvP (hellooo hots stacking) and all the horrible sets that have been introduced that made PvP a bad joke.
    And i don't see them fixing those.

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah but they also mentioned continuing the work into Cyrodiil. I can’t find where I read that right now but it made it seem like fixing Cyrodiil is permanently on the table until it’s better.

• Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jammy420 wrote: »

They have been saying that a lot over the years. One time they said something was coming for cyro, and it was a ballista. Troll af.

I remember a stream when they've said there's something for PvP. And it was a siege emote. Dev's laughter about it was probably not the best move either.

Exactly. Extremely anti social behavior.
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    reazea wrote: »

this is the first time they've put it on their roadmap like that. I don't think they posted that one anywhere but you can still view it on the stream recording.

Nope, when excavation was added, they said there was something big coming for pvp, and it was a ballista. They have lied consistently about pvp for over 6 years now.

Yeah but they also mentioned continuing the work into Cyrodiil. I can’t find where I read that right now but it made it seem like fixing Cyrodiil is permanently on the table until it’s better.

They have said that for years now, and just have dumbed down the game to make proc sets god tier, reduced the population in cyro completely, and introduced changes to arenas that made people flee en masse.

The fact that there is NO pvp dev atm, says it all.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jammy420 wrote: »

The fact that there is NO pvp dev atm, says it all.

What happened to Wheeler? Did he leave?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus