Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

No Eveli? THANK YOU!

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
For those who missed the stream, Eveli was not mentioned as one of the NPCs who will be participating. 🥳

I acknowledge it’s too early to be sure it will be 100% Eveli-free, but I consider this to be extremely good news for the new Chapter.

Hopefully, by the time we see her again, ZOS will have figured out how to let her have her character develop and keep it outside of the zone it was introduced.
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praise be and let it be!
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Many of us like her brother more.

Definitively. But I'm wondering, to be honest, why they chose him, as he only had an extremely minor role so far. I hope it's not because, well, there are almost no other notable Bosmer npcs that many people remember.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

Definitively. But I'm wondering, to be honest, why they chose him, as he only had an extremely minor role so far. I hope it's not because, well, there are almost no other notable Bosmer npcs that many people remember.

ZOS has probably forgotten about the bosmer in base game. The Green Lady and Silvenar might not even be mentioned.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has probably forgotten about the bosmer in base game. The Green Lady and Silvenar might not even be mentioned.

That's very much possible, I'm afraid. But I have the impression that, in general, there are almost no Bosmer characters who are popular with the playerbase, except for Eveli (and Little Leaf who's dead by now - although I'm also not sure if many of the newer players even know her). Beragon is also probably only known to most as "ah, yeah, Eveli has a brother". More might still remember the Silvenar and the Green Lady, but I'm not sure if they'd fit the role to lead through a story that's also (I guess) to a big part Colovian. So there wasn't much choice whom to choose for this role.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭

That's very much possible, I'm afraid. But I have the impression that, in general, there are almost no Bosmer characters who are popular with the playerbase, except for Eveli (and Little Leaf who's dead by now - although I'm also not sure if many of the newer players even know her). Beragon is also probably only known to most as "ah, yeah, Eveli has a brother". More might still remember the Silvenar and the Green Lady, but I'm not sure if they'd fit the role to lead through a story that's also (I guess) to a big part Colovian. So there wasn't much choice whom to choose for this role.

There is Gwendis. But apart from her i can't really think of any memorable outside Base game NPCs :/
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is Gwendis. But apart from her i can't really think of any memorable outside Base game NPCs :/

She is vampire first. She could be any other race and it would make no difference.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is vampire first. She could be any other race and it would make no difference.

Yup.

I know it has been written in the forums before - more than once - , but it always felt like Bosmer were neglected. Not many remarkable characters (so we end up with the "very minor character but at least people know him as the brother of the one popular Bosmer character" as the main quest "guide", because there's no one else they could plausibly use), no new furniture since the base game, generally not much attention. It would be nice if that'd change this year. We'll see.

I do like Beragon, btw. Hope the dialogues will be appropriate and won't turn him into a silly caricature.

Edited by Syldras on January 19, 2024 12:32AM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It kinda makes sense to me that they chose beragon when you consider he was employed as a scribe for a couple emperors and skingrad is still pretty loyal to the (basically nonexistent) empire.

But you aren't wrong that there aren't very many bosmer characters that are particularly memorable.
    Edited by Cazador on January 19, 2024 12:49AM
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know some people like Eveli.

A lot more people liked Eveli as she was in Wrothgar, not the simplistic parody of her in Blackwood.

Since Evili had 2 different endings in Wrothgar, I feel like the blackwood version is her with the sad Evili ending, not the happy Evili ending. Then again, happy Evili would've been less likely to leave Wrothgar.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably, but I liked his character and his personal story is pretty interesting. At least what the brought forth. He'd be a real asset while ruin trolling
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭

She's still a Bosmer so not entirely true. But again I agree on a need for more prominent Bosmer characters.
    Edited by Rebirthment on January 19, 2024 4:48AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know some people like Eveli.

A lot more people liked Eveli as she was in Wrothgar, not the simplistic parody of her in Blackwood.

ya. i like eveli but she feels like she regressed a bit in her character development in blackwood. probably a result of it being written for a "play in any order" stance that has been taken. i hope if she does reappear, she improves
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She could still be in one of the Q1 dungeons. Hard to imagine her not showing up in any shape or form all year when her brother is a main character in the story.
    Edited by amig186 on January 19, 2024 7:39AM
    PC EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amig186 wrote: »
    She could still be in one of the Q1 dungeons. Hard to imagine her not showing up in any shape or form all year when her brother is a main character in the story.

xbquh6deew58.png

7tfru4xb9aky.png

Promo pic shows Leramil:

bqzxyq7qupkc.png

No traces of Eveli so far :p

Btw, Bazrag might be this one?
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bazrag_gro-Fharun
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Eveli but she does not have to be in all Bosmer content.
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I'm just sitting here, wishing Stuga would notice me.
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭

xbquh6deew58.png

7tfru4xb9aky.png

Promo pic shows Leramil:

bqzxyq7qupkc.png

No traces of Eveli so far :p

Btw, Bazrag might be this one?
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bazrag_gro-Fharun

Well that's interesting, king Bazrag wasn't someone I expected to see again. I guess no character is truly forgotten. Still, if Eveli were to appear anywhere this year, that Orsinium dungeon would be the most appropriate.
    PC EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are making a mistake by only recycling a handful of NPCs over & over as returning characters. The Base Game has so much more interesting characters. Like why for instance there are no returning Argonian npcs at all ?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they are making a mistake by only recycling a handful of NPCs over & over as returning characters. The Base Game has so much more interesting characters. Like why for instance there are no returning Argonian npcs at all ?

For this particular instance, probably because we’re nowhere near Black Marsh or anything Argonian/Hist related. And a lot of the existing Argonian NPCs don’t really have a viable reason to go wandering either. EX: The major Murkmire NPCs are either dead or helping run the new town. But we’ve see Seeks show up a few times now and it’s not out of the question one or more of our DB Argonians show up in the future. Maybe the guy from Mazzatun could pop in again.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's interesting, king Bazrag wasn't someone I expected to see again. I guess no character is truly forgotten. Still, if Eveli were to appear anywhere this year, that Orsinium dungeon would be the most appropriate.

I'm not sure about the "not forgotten" part, to be honest. Considering they often don't get recurrent characters quite right when they return, it seems to me it's more like they just check in a very superficial database who would fit (High Isle: "This story is about Bretons and we include a lot of 'romance', we need a flirty Breton - ah, there is one!" This year it might be "We need a Bosmer of the scholarly type, let's have a look"). It's striking that those characters are often reduced to one main aspect when they return, as if they'd forgotten about all minor details. Which is funny, as I'd aspect the creators of a game to have extensive documents about their characters they can check anytime (even if not, which would be surprising, they could even re-read all dialogue on UESP). It's all a strange thing.

They also seem to forget about "systems" they've started once, btw. The "Old Life" event quest was updated just once in 2021 to include characters who died in 2021's chapter. Actually, when they made that update, most people appreciated that and thought that they will do this every year now, with every new chapter release. But since 2021, nothing happened anymore, leaving people disappointed. (Also that stupid "Smolder Scrolls" game on their website, btw - one update, making people expect more future updates, but then it was forgotten. It's like they lack overview about these things).

Oh, I think they'll also let an Argonian from the base game return sooner or later. They seem to love their recycling after all ;)

Seriously, I'm not against them having characters return sometimes, when it makes sense. But it seems as if they now stuff them everywhere for nostalgia bonus or something like that. It almost seems like a selling point, also the way they emphasize it during the reveal streams now (which hasn't been that noticeable a few years ago).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the crocodile Hunter accent that is just nails on a chalkboard to me...

"Oh look a cubby of Dingo's! I think I'll stick me ead in an say G'day!!!" Ahhhhhhhhhh! :|
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For this particular instance, probably because we’re nowhere near Black Marsh or anything Argonian/Hist related. And a lot of the existing Argonian NPCs don’t really have a viable reason to go wandering either. EX: The major Murkmire NPCs are either dead or helping run the new town. But we’ve see Seeks show up a few times now and it’s not out of the question one or more of our DB Argonians show up in the future. Maybe the guy from Mazzatun could pop in again.
    Yep, for this instance it makes less sense to have an Argonian npc show up, but it is not the Elsweyr chapter either and yet "puss in boots" detective is making a comeback. My point is that over the years ZOS had plenty of opportunities to bring some other NPCs from the base game back.... and they didn't. I mean we had Murkmire and Blackwood and not a single Argonian returning from the base game, even if it makes perfect sense. I mean I am seeing this pattern being repeated over & over and ZOS tends to stick to only handful of NPCs regardless of the content they are adding.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 19, 2024 1:57PM