Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Did Cyrodiil population caps get further reduced?

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    Due to these recent reductions in the pop cap and maintenance this morning I will not be able to play ESO today unless I'm willing to wait in queue for an hour this afternoon. And if I do decide to sit through the queue, when I get in there will be fewer fights and less activity than ever in the history of ESO. This is so sad and disheartening.

And the worst part is, if you crash due to lag, or get booted from the server for "too many messages" (usually caused by hitting a lot of moving people with lancers), you have to get back in the hour+ long queue.

The performance wasn't much worse with the larger caps during the test, but Cyrodiil was definitely more fun, and less frustrating with a shorter wait. It's a shame they have chosen this current course over a better player experience.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • ValarMorghulis1896
    ValarMorghulis1896
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    The performance wasn't much worse with the larger caps during the test, but Cyrodiil was definitely more fun, and less frustrating with a shorter wait. It's a shame they have chosen this current course over a better player experience.
    Yup! I would much rather have lags and the epic Alessia Bridge fights like during the cap test than this low cap like now - and still lags!

"It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE.” Terry Pratchett
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just bring the cap back to what it was during the "test". The lag was identical but at least the fights were insanely fun. Now you wait in a queue for over an hour for next to no one to be in pvp and once the fights do start you still have the same lag.