Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Did Cyrodiil population caps get further reduced?

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the "increased population cap test" ended several weeks ago, both GH and BR on PC/NA have had lengthy queues almost every night. On Tuesday night during prime time when I checked, there was a 75 queue for GH and a 30 queue for BR on AD.

I find it very hard to believe that there are suddenly 50-100% more players queueing for cyrodiil each night than there were before the population cap tests. There just is no new reason or incentive for there to be that kind of influx in population. Additionally, when I have gone in to these pop-locked campaigns, the amount of action on the map just doesn't represent a pop-locked-with-a-queue camp. Often times there will be one major fight at a keep occurring, and quite literally nothing else happening at all.

Could we just have a confirmation whether or not the population caps have been lowered further than what they were prior to the increased cap test?

@ZOS_Kevin
@ZOS_BrianWheeler
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 12, 2024 4:25AM
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure seems like it. ZOS seems to think we can't figure this stuff out on our own by playing all the different aspects of the game as PvP players have to do to remain competitive.

Edited by CrazyKitty on January 11, 2024 4:37PM
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the queues have jumped dramatically since the end of the test. And with no event or double AP, there's no other logical explanation.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Que times are longer now, pop lock happens earlier in the day, and there seems to be less action once you get into Cyrodiil. So ya, I'd guess they lowered the pop cap again. That, and there is more lag now, especially in larger fights.

I think the PvP community just took another kick to the...
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon with further population cuts we will have our 12v12v12 BG I know we've all been clamoring for. It will be called "Cyrodiil".

Coming soon to an Elder Scroll near you!

*Please do not read the scroll. ZOS can not be held liable for loss of vision, inanity, or death that may occur as a result of reading an Elder Scroll.*
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They’ve been incrementally phasing Cyrodiil out, it wouldn’t surprise me. It’s been proven time and again that ZOS refuses to invest assets into PvP.

Recently I heard mention of Cyrodiil being 80v80v80, and that was before the test, I can only imagine what it is now…

Also, we had a whole story plot of ending the three-banner war so I wouldn’t be surprised if they get rid of it completely in the next coming years.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chiming in to say that IC has also been 2-3 bars more often than it has been in years.

Either the IC population lock fell (shifting the visual to be 2/3 bars more often), or the people that now have to wait in queue for Cyrodiil are just going to IC.

It hasn't really felt like there's been more players however, so my money is on the former and not the latter.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on January 11, 2024 9:01PM
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    Probably preparation for the next chapter.

Maybe PvP gets an entirely new map the same size as cyrodiil.

🤷‍♀️

Edit: I mean, if the hints for the 10th anniversary involve do involve Skingrad, it's practically touching Cyrodiil PvP zone.
    Edited by Nihilr on January 11, 2024 11:10PM
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm same experience on PS NA for AD in Gray Host.

@DirtyDeeds765
    Edited by DirtyDeeds765 on January 12, 2024 12:37AM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems that way. I'm not thrilled. Especially after how much fun I had during the testing period where we were actually seeing huge fights again. Not quite the way it used to be, but it was a taste of Cyro's potential.

I was hoping energy would be put into making certain the population could be increased, given that there was quite the turn out from the PVP community and a willingness to give feedback on what was good/bad about it.

I wish they'd realize that they're throwing away a diamond in the rough without ever trying to polish it :/ (a red diamond >_>; lol)
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about Cyrodiil.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • ValarMorghulis1896
    ValarMorghulis1896
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm same experience on PS NA for AD in Gray Host.

And I can confirm the same experience on PC/EU/GH/EP
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE.” Terry Pratchett
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    Sure seems like it. ZOS seems to think we can't figure this stuff out on our own by playing all the different aspects of the game as PvP players have to do to remain competitive.

I mean...They haven't added pvp content in like 8 years and you all are still expecting it. Can't fault them for thinking they can't get away with stuff.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New MMO in development from ZOS, where do you think they are testing it?
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This latest reduction in the pop cap and performance has convinced me that ZOS is for reals slowly phasing Cyrodiil PvP out of the game. I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. But all evidence points to this being the case.
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RetPing wrote: »
    New MMO in development from ZOS, where do you think they are testing it?

After how ZOS has dealt with Cyrodiil and the PvP community my trust in the company is gone.
  • RMW
    RMW
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup same experience on PC/EU for Greyhost (Pact) and Ravenwatch (AD)
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday Greyhost was pop cap from 1pm to 1am EST. Blackreach was pop cap from 3pm to 11pm.

Yet somehow there are fewer fights and any ball group has free reign to do whatever they want and the opposition can't field enough defenders to do anything about it.

The frustration for those of us who PvP main is overflowing. Literally overflowing into excessive queue times that make it not worth it to even try to log on after 1pm EST.

I'm wondering when ZOS is going to finish shutting down the zone entirely, because they're pretty close to doing exactly that right now already.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if the pop cap is the same but now the bots from overland are farming resources in cyrodiil. Someone better check every resource node just to be sure ;)
    PvP needs more love.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMW wrote: »
    Yup same experience on PC/EU for Greyhost (Pact) and Ravenwatch (AD)

Add Blackreach to those in PC/EU.
    Full bar but at every keep siege we showed in little numbers, while map was almost quiet all around.

As usual this issue is receing the famous "improved communication" treatment by ZoS.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casul wrote: »
    Imagine if the pop cap is the same but now the bots from overland are farming resources in cyrodiil. Someone better check every resource node just to be sure ;)

I can't imagine bot farmers risking getting clapped by players all the time. Cyrodiil is big, but there are eyes everywhere. Low tier PvPers would hunt them for AP scraps.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somethings up. And it's not good
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about Cyrodiil.

Thank you for your understanding

You'll move it but not answer the question - shocker.
  • Ostonoha
    Ostonoha
    ✭✭✭
    It def feels as if the pops were lowered. Many people I know have felt the same way.
    The queue is getting to be brutal.

The test was great, lots of huge fights all over it was nice. The lag was terrible the first two days but it seemed to stabilize after that.
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    This latest reduction in the pop cap and performance has convinced me that ZOS is for reals slowly phasing Cyrodiil PvP out of the game. I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. But all evidence points to this being the case.

Yeah, it looks pretty bad. Queue times in the evenings now are so long it's not even worth logging onto game.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    It would be nice to have some clarity on these types of issue. It definitely feels whenever I play that the population has decreased further.

If this is to be the trend is the team considering resizing the map or any other changes?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Any chance you'd be able to comment on this?
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Trobaka
    Trobaka
    ✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Any chance you'd be able to comment on this?

I would prefer answers. I do not care about comments anymore.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very demotivating. If people are rubber banding in late afternoon (with no event) it sets back everyone's playtime. We should not have half hour to an hour que weeknights.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to these recent reductions in the pop cap and maintenance this morning I will not be able to play ESO today unless I'm willing to wait in queue for an hour this afternoon. And if I do decide to sit through the queue, when I get in there will be fewer fights and less activity than ever in the history of ESO. This is so sad and disheartening.