Edited by Atalle on April 2, 2014 2:18PM
The game has designed a quick slot feature, which allows users to equip consumables to a key so that they may be used in the heat of the moment during battle. The default key for using a quick slot item is Q, however, first you must equip an item to the quick slot menu in order to be able to use it during battle.
To do so open your inventory (Default i); in the upper right hand corner of your inventory there is a arrow, click the arrow to open your quick slot menu. Alternatively you can push Q while your inventory is open this will also access the quickslot.
Your quick slot menu will be composed of 8 empty slots that you can drag and drop consumable items only to the menu. Once equipped which ever item is initially at the 12 o'clock position will be the item equipped to the Q key.[/columns]
During game play (i.e. when not in a character menu/inventory) you can switch your quick slot item to one of the other 8 items by holding down
the Q key and moving your mouse right or left to the item of your choice, which will be highlighted. That item will now be the item equipped to the Q key and can be then used as long as no cool downs are active.
So the three main take away points are:
- Equip your consumables before going to battle.
- To use a equipped item from your quick slot push the Q key (default).
- Then switch to the next item by holding Q and once the cool down is over you can use the next equipped item.
Items commonly equipped to Quick slots
- Siege weapons
- Wall/door Repair kits for pvp
- Forward Camps
- Treasure Maps - So you don't have to access your inventory each time to look at the map
- Bait - Used for fishing holes
If you liked this guide check out my other guides:Alchemy101Enchanting 101Quickslots: A short pictorial guideRededication Shrine: How to Respec
Mara's Moxie and Psijic Order (Beta Tester)